EA Forums - Banner

Did Anyone Get The SNES Classic Edition?

Prev1
I'm loving it, I was 10 when the SNES came out so this is bringing back good memories of my childhood.

Replies

• Me...this girl right here! I got the NES Classic last year too. My favorite console of all time is the SNES. I'm totally old school. I still have my original Super Nintendo. Rumor is the Game Boy is coming next year :)
  • Nope not got my hands on one yet as am waiting for the Xbox one X
  • simp7fan
    3448 posts Member
    edited October 13
    Rumor is the Game Boy is coming next year :)
    Um....how will that be 40% of it's original size? That will only fit Japanese hands....
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    Rumor is the Game Boy is coming next year :)
    Um....how will that be 40% of it's original size? That will only fit Japanese hands....

You are on a roll tonight :D

*Apologizes to the Japanese on Simp7fan behalf* ;)
  • No, it's true..... those Switch controllers.... And you do know the Japanese design Nintendo products, right? No apology necessary.
  • Oh right.

*Takes back apology*
  • Hah, okay. *phew*

So, yeah, jealous. Don't have.
  • moxxee
    7709 posts Member
    Hey man.
  • Me...this girl right here! I got the NES Classic last year too. My favorite console of all time is the SNES. I'm totally old school. I still have my original Super Nintendo. Rumor is the Game Boy is coming next year :)

Me too, I have my original all be it now discolored SNES too, I believe the N64 classic is coming next, Nintendo put a patent of the controller design recently, same thing they did last year with the SNES controller. I missed out on the NES, but it's coming back in summer 2018!!!
  • simp7fan
    3448 posts Member
    edited October 15
    That makes more sense.

Maybe they'll release a Super Game Boy that unlocks a set of GB games on the SNES. Did they make the cartridge slot into an expansion port?
  • They didn't but that would have been cool.

The story I saw said they had filed for a new trademark for Game Boy. I thought the 64 would be next too. I really don't see how Game Boy would work. Big manly American hands :o *faints*

Maybe they are just gonna release an actual retro full sized Game Boy?

The article said most of the popular 64 games were not made by Nintendo so they will have to license the games ($$$) to get them on there. So if and when they do make the 64 it is gonna cost more for us to buy.

They mentioned the company Rare (Donkey Kong, Banjo-Kazooie, 007, etc) which is owed by Microsoft now. They didn't think Nintendo would shell out money for these titles.

I think it would make sense to do the 64 in 2018 and the Game Boy in 2019 since it would be the 30th anniversary.

I actually don't want either of them, but my bf says I have to now because like it or not I am now a collector of these things. :/

I can't imagine them making a Game Cube and Wii in the minis. They kinda suck. (I own all the original consoles still)

Nintendo knows how to dangle that carrot and suck you in though....and it's always disappointing....like EA. *hee hee*

• Yes, you must collect them all. Especially every pokemon themed special editions.

I think they'll stop at n64. Just cartridge and rom based retro. No ISOs.

Maybe they'll do one GB/Advance to cover all this iterations. And yeah, full but with an even bigger screen.
  • @simp7fan What's your favorite game of all time? I think I know.
  • Maybe a tie between SMW and A Link to the Past.

• I can't imagine them making a Game Cube. They kinda suck.
    uYvuK.gif
  • @empathy77 <3 I take it back ;)
  • @empathy77 I never got into the Game Cube....it's sitting next to my bedroom tv right now....maybe I never had the best games for it...give me some recommendations.
  • empathy77
    3786 posts Member
    edited October 18
    @empathy77 I never got into the Game Cube....it's sitting next to my bedroom tv right now....maybe I never had the best games for it...give me some recommendations.

Don't get me wrong, the N64 had more of an impact when it came out and will be remembered as the better system, but the Cube had its moments. I'm a Nintendo guy so....

Zelda Wind Waker (but now there is the Wii U HD remake) I didn't get the Wii so Twilight Princess is a Cube game for me. Simpsons Hit and Run is great, Simpsons Road Rage was fun. Super Mario Sunshine is fun, not the best entry though. Mario Kart Double Dash. Star Wars Rogue Squadron II. Metroid Prime. Smash Bros Melee. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Underground. I never played Pikmin but I hear its good. The Mario Golf game believe it or not is a lot of fun.

I do not expect a GC Classic, it doesnt feel old enough to get a classic edition. Plus the game catalog might not be the best
    Post edited by empathy77 on
  • I'm not dealing with scalpers, so decided to import the Super Famicom Mini since I have the original Famicom Mini. Most of the games are playable aside from the RPGS. I'm fine with that since I don't really care for RPGs (I almost always end up bailing on them) and I have Super Mario RPG on my Wii U.

I've been jumping between Super Metroid and Yoshi's Island. I already unlocked Star Fox 2 and I couldn't figure it out (and its not because its in Japanese).
  • moxxee
    7709 posts Member
    empathy77 wrote: »
    I'm loving it, I was 10 when the SNES came out so this is bringing back good memories of my childhood.

I have an old wii in mothballs that has a bunch of games on it. Haven’t touched it in a while, though!
    Mario Golf is great.