EA Forums - Banner

Texan

Prev13
The latest update fixed it, at least for me :?

Replies

• IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    That's what I heard, but my Smithers/Burns task failed on me today.
  • JJ illumina T
    187 posts
    edited April 2013
    Ya i put him on the bull and next time i logged in was walkin around atupid * game
  • sackXchange
    129 posts
    edited April 2013
    For me sometimes he stays on and sometimes he doesn't.
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    it is hard to ride those things...
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited April 2013
    it is hard to ride those things...

tumblr_m61wzbwJpC1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I had to speed up the task in the end to get thru it
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • badk84
    11 posts
    edited April 2013
    It doesn't work for me and I have all the latest updates got reset three times now
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited April 2013
    Supposedly the update fixed mr burns and Smithers task and the rich Texan tasks but I guess it was fail and we only got the SPLASH SCREEN BACK AND A ICON THAT WE WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE IN THE BEGINNING...smh.. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
  • PhoenicianSn
    58 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I have the same problem. So I used donuts to rush him. Beforehand, I was trying to figure out the trigger. I noticed that the quest would break while I was in snake tapping mode. Particularly when I was crushing eggs. I didn't want to risk the quest breaking overnight so I rushed it using donuts, but maybe this will help someone still having the issue. No promises, but that is what seemed to break the quest for me. Try putting him on the quest, wait at lest 5 minutes, because I did notice the quest would even sometimes break immediately. Then do not go into snake tapping mode overnight to see if he completed the quest tomorrow afternoon. Good excuse to sleep in on a Sunday.
  • btgabbard
    57 posts
    edited April 2013
    I hope they fix it, the Smithers and burns always wouldn't last for me.
  • blbrooks38
    217 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Still can't complete the 12 hr. task still and now with the newest update the server kicks me out after about 20 minutes ****?
    36 posts
    edited April 2013
    I too have that Smithers/Burns bug, started with the last update for me. I have a suspicion it has to do with the way the characters and snakes now behave, with going trough buildings, backwards and so on. Maybe Smithers and Burns trying to do so breaks the loop they are supposed to be in.
  • madjestynina12q
    216 posts
    edited April 2013
    Still happening to me .......stupid premium character fail.
  • Happycarlton
    196 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    blbrooks38 wrote:
    Still can't complete the 12 hr. task still and now with the newest update the server kicks me out after about 20 minutes ****?

Game is great generally, but I am being plagued by these bugs also. Hopefully when those EA people get back to work after the weekend they fix these issues.
    A character you pay money for not working - if I bought something at a store and it didn't work they'd fix it or refund my money. Know it won't be the latter so get busy fixing it!!!
  • jaudon8911
    177 posts
    edited April 2013
    I had to use donuts to speed him up.
  • ir_lolly
    9 posts
    edited April 2013
    Same here... Lost 4 hours on it so far. I spent real $ on a premium character, I refuse to spend more to speed up a task. I swear, it's like EA does it on purpose.
  • tallen77
    62 posts
    edited April 2013
    I've noticed that with the Texan whenever I go into Baton mode is when the job cancels out. So to finish the task I guess I just have to not whack any snakes for 12 hours. Did anyone else notice that?
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited April 2013
    So after 6 hours he's gotten off the Bronco. I mean **** EA??!! Why can't you guys iron out simple little problems?? If you think I'm wasting doughnuts on speeding this scam up, think again *!
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited April 2013
    He has a 2 day task "Lobby Agenda With Mayor Quimby" and before that he keeps talking about a football stadium maybe that's spoilers that we might be getting a football stadium since we have a baseball one :D

We still didn't get Comic Book Guys "supposed girlfriend" he was talking about during the swanky fish update.
    Maybe something to look forward to and need more space for.
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    tallen77 wrote:
    I've noticed that with the Texan whenever I go into Baton mode is when the job cancels out. So to finish the task I guess I just have to not whack any snakes for 12 hours. Did anyone else notice that?

Not baton mode specifically. Whacked some snakes with no problem. Then I cracked some eggs and went to see if any of my neighbors were open yet (they were not) and came back to find him off the bronco.

Tried putting him back on then going to the neighbor screens again, but of course, he was okay still. Whacked a couple more snakes, he was still going. So I'm wondering if it's eggs. None of it makes any sense. I do software, and it boggles my mind how some of these things even interfere with each other, when those parts of the code shouldn't touch at all.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6280 posts Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Yea this blasted Texan is annoying me with taking himself out the quest. He thinks just because he has money, he can do as he pleases. Pfft
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!