EA Forums - Banner

EA is lame

Prev1
I’ve played for 5 years (so I’m entitled to this post.)

- Lame story lines that are too boring / too PC / too repetitive
- No new core content that can actually be used to beautify our towns; just storyline specific content (so our towns look like a hodgepodge of bad ideas/items stitched together)

Here is what most long-time players want: A REAL Halloween and Christmas with new classic/core content that we can use to update the foundational town (eg, stop recycling that jack o lantern and skeleton on tree - what else?!?).

I know people will tell me to be thankful or ask why I’m still playing - but we should expect more. At least I’ve spent a boat load of time and money on this game, and I’m not happy with the direction it’s going. EA should retire the game or get with the program and give the people what they want (hint: read this board).

Replies

• I think we expect too much from those specific seasonal events. I was happy with Pagan Xmas but a lot wanted traditional. Sounds like what you want, too.

I don't know what all this event's stuff is from but a lot of it appears to be Potter related. That's the theme. I do agree about the buildings that don't fit in more than one section of town. But, that's okay, too.

...I don't care if you're thankful. Thanks for the rant. Keep it up. ;)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Where is the disagree button?
    EA is not lame.
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • IMO this is the only good EA game. :D
  • Castiel19x
    4299 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Its may not be perfect but at least it something to do plus a lot of people want the old stuff back and a lot want new stuff. They tried to do both this year and what happens, we all complain. So at the end of the day they try but they can't please everyone.
    I always expect something traditional because I'm used to it but we don't always get what we and that is what life is like.
    I'm thankful that we get something to do and this is by far the best game EA has ever created.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Whilst I find some of the events disappointing, this one for instance isn't what I hoped for, I don't think EA is lame.
    It's hard to please everyone all the time, I guess.

I hope being able to vent helped a little at least @trojanchick
  • I have to agree that the repetitive content, especially with the crafting, is getting old. I already have half of the items and the ones I don't have are kinda meh. Don't get me wrong I will never stop playing this game I love it but it doesn't even feel like an event is going on let alone the biggest one of the year( At least the fan favorite). My biggest complaint lately is the way they keep screwing us long time players who have Barney but don't have astronaut Barney. I didnt have enough during the original event and since then every time they rerelease him (twice now) its in a bundle and if you have Barney you can't get him. Give us Astronaut Barney by himself and free the Grumple!
  • Gwarrior56 wrote: »
    I have to agree that the repetitive content, especially with the crafting, is getting old. I already have half of the items and the ones I don't have are kinda meh. Don't get me wrong I will never stop playing this game I love it but it doesn't even feel like an event is going on let alone the biggest one of the year( At least the fan favorite). My biggest complaint lately is the way they keep screwing us long time players who have Barney but don't have astronaut Barney. I didnt have enough during the original event and since then every time they rerelease him (twice now) its in a bundle and if you have Barney you can't get him. Give us Astronaut Barney by himself and free the Grumple!

Its not just Barney, they have done this quite a few times recently. Its to the point where if I see the word bundle, I keep reading. Why torture myself with something i most likely cant buy anyway...
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    It is hard for me to consider a company lame that has made a game that I have played for over four years. Most games I give up on in less than a year. I don't have an issue with event themes, because I think having the same Christmas every year would be boring as well. Personally I don't waste time worrying about what needs to be changed and enjoy what I like about each event. I hope that the winter event will be more to your liking.
  • EA as a corporation gets no love from me until they make another NCAA Football game...
  • If we want something to *really complain about, what if they took the 939 ceiling off and made it infinite?
  • The only thing I miss is the Level updates. I wish they would’ve kept those around. I like how those were themed to those particular characters. It was also a good chance to get certain characters without hoping they somehow get incorporated into a theme or event.

Everything now is event or mini event.
  • You forgot the grave. EA is lam`e. Not gold lam`e for sure, but at least silver lam`e.
  • EA as a corporation gets no love from me until they make another NCAA Football game...
    Football is football...No?
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • bluntcard
    3900 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    So perfectly put. Well done. I wouldn't say EA is lame, but they are certainly being lame.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Meh Halloween is my least favourite event because its so hard to make it merge well with the town once the event has ended. Though I understand your point, there’s only so many ways you can reinvent the wheel.
  • So much GREAT Simpson's content to use, and they keep choosing really lame stuff. The Grand Pumpkin would have been so funny.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    bluntcard wrote: »
    So much GREAT Simpson's content to use, and they keep choosing really lame stuff. The Grand Pumpkin would have been so funny.

Except we already have the Grand pumpkin from 2014.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    So much GREAT Simpson's content to use, and they keep choosing really lame stuff. The Grand Pumpkin would have been so funny.

The Pumpkin yes, but a Peanuts parody event would ( IMO ) be really funny and fun. Just my opinion.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    meinaz wrote: »

The Pumpkin yes, but a Peanuts parody event would ( IMO ) be really funny and fun. Just my opinion.

I think you are right, but I think there would be outrage if an event used a prize that we already had. There are long time players that already feel like they are being slighted.
  • No... you are lame. Grow up and do something besides whine about a mobile game event that's not accustom to your every desire.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!