EA Forums - Banner

The 'We LOVE chocolate' thread

Replies

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    meinaz wrote: »
    Day 3 I had a crunchie bar. I wasn't sure about the honeycomb at first but by the end I enjoyed it. It wouldn't be my top choice but I wouldn't turn it down if offered again. Another one that isn't available around me but it is available in some places in the US.

Wait!...What?... You had a crunchie on a Monday..... *sigh*
    @meinaz has been teasing us the last several days :D

and I will continue for the next 7 days or until I lose self control and finish the box in one sitting.
  • You're only allowed crunchies on a Friday...:lol:

It's been something in the UK since I was a teenager and it just seem to stuck..

The following is an extract from a blog dated 2009

"Now, for those international readers of this blog who aren’t so familiar with a Crunchie, the brand has been associated with a ‘Friday Feeling’ advertising concept, encapsulated by the well-known strapline ‘Thank Crunchie, it’s Friday!’, since the mid 1980s."

(Credit: Caroline Harrison, B2B international)
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • meinaz wrote: »
    Day 3 I had a crunchie bar. I wasn't sure about the honeycomb at first but by the end I enjoyed it. It wouldn't be my top choice but I wouldn't turn it down if offered again. Another one that isn't available around me but it is available in some places in the US.

Wait!...What?... You had a crunchie on a Monday..... *sigh*
    @meinaz has been teasing us the last several days :D

and I will continue for the next 7 days or until I lose self control and finish the box in one sitting.
    your better than me, i would have to eat 2 a day, one at lunch and another for a snack after dinner :D

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    You're only allowed crunchies on a Friday...:lol:

It's been something in the UK since I was a teenager and it just seem to stuck..

"Now, for those international readers of this blog who aren’t so familiar with a Crunchie, the brand has been associated with a ‘Friday Feeling’ advertising concept, encapsulated by the well-known strapline ‘Thank Crunchie, it’s Friday!’, since the mid 1980s."

Oops. Nobody informed me of this. Also I refrigerated it which I read on the package not to. Stupid American.
    You're only allowed crunchies on a Friday...:lol:

Oops. Nobody informed me of this. Also I refrigerated it which I read on the package not to. Stupid American.

Mine are always in the fridge.... it seems a recent thing that, got no idea why this started to happen
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Hopefully I didn't break any other rules today by having a starbar. I really liked the peanut middle and love caramel but I kind of wished this one didn't have the caramel.
    Hopefully I didn't break any other rules today by having a starbar. I really liked the peanut middle and love caramel but I kind of wished this one didn't have the caramel.
    what did you have today?

• I'm guessing the Caramel, probably saving the Dairy Milk until last....

In saying that, I haven't a clue what's in her box but it reminded me of something I did a few years ago for some people I made friends with on a (now defunct) torrent site... for Christmas I gathered some stuff they couldn't get in the US such as PG Tips and other stuff I just can't remember (think Reggae Reggae sauce was involved as it wasn't available there yet) ... but anyway I know I was asked to put in things like a 4-pack of Dairy Milk and other UK confectionary...
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    what did you have today?

Sorry I didn't think that people really cared. I had a wispa bar yesterday. It was good just chocolate. I haven't made it home today I am not sure what I am going to have. I am saving the caramel bars to the end because caramel are my favorite.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    what did you have today?

Sorry I didn't think that people really cared. I had a wispa bar yesterday. It was good just chocolate. I haven't made it home today I am not sure what I am going to have. I am saving the caramel bars to the end because caramel are my favorite.
    :D we do care! the wispas look like they could be my second favorite after the flake
    i’m gonna have to see the dentist afterwards for an upcoming cavity :D

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I tried the double decker bar today. This is the first bar that looks like there may have been an issue in travel. The nougat seems to have escaped the chocolate covering. It still tasted good.
    what did you have today?

:D we do care! the wispas look like they could be my second favorite after the flake

I prefer chocolate with other things (caramel, coconut, peanuts etc) in it than plain chocolate. I haven't had the flake bar yet. It may be my next one.
    I tried the double decker bar today. This is the first bar that looks like there may have been an issue in travel. The nougat seems to have escaped the chocolate covering. It still tasted good.
    what did you have today?

I prefer chocolate with other things (caramel, coconut, peanuts etc) in it than plain chocolate. I haven't had the flake bar yet. It may be my next one.

Watch out for the crumbs... they don't call it the crumbliest, flakiest chocolate for nothing... man those bits get everywhere...just make sure you're not wearing a low cut top at the very least :lol:
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    what did you have today?

Watch out for the crumbs... they don't call it the crumbliest, flakiest chocolate for nothing... man those bits get everywhere...just make sure you're not wearing a low cut top at the very least :lol:

I am safe at least shirt wise. Fridays are jeans and t-shirt days.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @meinaz soooo did you get flaky today?
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I did have the flake today. I kept it in the wrapper so I didn't make too much of a mess. It was good.
  • lol,they look tasty
  • I had the dairy milk yesterday which is the only bar that I have already had before. Today I had the curly wurly. It was probably a mistake to refrigerate it. The caramel was really hard to eat. I tried to let it sit to thaw for a bit, but I was too impatient. I am sure it would have been better at room temperature.
  • the dairy milk looks good also and i will have to remember not to put the caramel ones in the fridge
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I had my last bar today-the caramel bar. I let it set out a little before I ate it so it wasn't as cold. I am a big fan of caramel and chocolate so it didn't disappoint. Overall, I was really happy with the selection. I liked all of the bars but my favorite was probably the starbar.
  • They are nice :smile: