EA Forums - Banner

The 'We LOVE chocolate' thread

Replies

• Considering the amount of chocolate and other sugary stuff I consume... :)
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Would anyone eat this ?

klHmybJ.jpg

klHmybJ.jpg

Is that my Christmas present, thanks buddy.. you're great!!

klHmybJ.jpg

Is that my Christmas present, thanks buddy.. you're great!!
    Thought you would like that haha
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Would anyone eat this ?

klHmybJ.jpg

Seems like a trick question in the I love chocolate thread. Did you do something to it?
  • meinaz wrote: »
    Would anyone eat this ?

klHmybJ.jpg

Seems like a trick question in the I love chocolate thread. Did you do something to it?

I think it’s real. I’ve seem prices online for 800g so it could be. Imagine eating that
  • It's been rough.

Not really, I bought a 5Lb bar of chocolate, finished it in about a week (shared with people) and used the wrapper as my binder for Chocolate class.
    I was told that those who loved chocolate would end up hating that class.

They were wrong.

Among other things I learned how to make molded chocolate, modeling chocolate (Corn syrup+chocolate), truffles, Ganache, chocolate sauces and Mousse.

I know chocolate.

I know its secret secretions.
    While my chocolate fanatism can be kept in check, if any chocolate is within the area it is gone by the end of the day.

Dark chocolate VS Milk Chocolate?
    Milk Chocolate
    Milk Chocolate VS White Chocolate?
    Milk Chocolate (White chocolate is just the fat)

Chocolate VS Vanilla?
    You monster, you uncultured dolt.

Chocolate above all.

Do not test me, I shall show you the way, the path of cavities and cacao, the bittersweet highway of flavor and texture.
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Real vanilla is delicious. But dark chocolate for me. Definitely dark. In desperate times I will eat milk chocolate.

A woman told me a couple weeks ago that even white chocolate ( a terrible misnomer, not chocolate at all) keeps her awake. All I could think was, that's all in your head dear. There's no caffeine in that stuff.
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • meinaz wrote: »
    I thought I loved chocolate, but looking at this thread I realize I probably only like it.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the drawers of chocolate! No judgement btw...maybe some jealousy...

I just ate a Toblerone. Took me 2 days, but it was delish, it was my first time ;)

11vr5hv.jpg

I spoil myself with bars(sheets?) of chocolate like Lindt and Ghirardelli
    kx3pt.jpg
    15f5ava.jpg

or I really like the box of Ferrero Rocher that has the milk chocolate, dark and coconut cream nuggets of yum.
    21opvs4.jpg

Otherwise, at the corner store I'll grab a Snickers, Reeses or an almond you or something.

But I think I'm more of a sweets person. I just made an apple coffee cake... Its really good, if I do say so myself!
    2egb7o6.jpg
    2lj0s4y.jpg
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I buy the same kind the Ghirardelli or lindt bars.

Your cake looks lovely
  • Thanks!!! I never made it before so I'm showing it off :p
  • @Turkey1010 I’m starting to crave chocolate but I haven’t got any in my house and can’t be bothered to go buy some “sigh”
  • My goodness, what have I started... :lol:

So much deliciousness, it's all quite something. ..

Toblerone... they're nice, I buy a big one, used to be 180g, now it's only 140g .. will take me four or five days to eat one as I will make it last me as a treat by only breaking off two or three pieces at a time, usually in the evening ..

As @someonewashere mentioned and I did before, milk chocolate seems the best way, I very very occasionally may dabble in a bit of dark chocolate, but I feel the need to take on fluids if I do, so a cup of tea or a soft drink/cordial is in order to partake of that particular strand...white I can eat at a push, but it all tastes too sugary to me...

And to probably upset everyone, I have to say this, I have eaten this all my life and have never been more than 12st 7lb (approx 170lb) and currently am at 10st 7lb (147lbs) and holding, taken me a couple of years to actually put on those 7lb ... and at just short of 6ft tall, you can imagine how skinny I look... add to this my love of chips (The English ones, potatoes chopped up into slices and then strips) and people actually hate me.... haha...

Well, that's my secret shame out... and if you see someone matching my description, snooping round a supermarket on a Boxing Day morning with a basket full of half price confectionery, it's probably me.... :blush:
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I do hate you.

My biggest weakness is boxes of See's chocolates. They're made on the west coast so I can't get them most of the time, thank goodness. I have no restraint with them.

It does sound though, Dave, as though you'd better keep eating that chocolate or you'll waste away to nothing
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I love See's chocolates. There is a shop in the mall near me. I still don't go there very often. It is probably best that I forget that it exists.
  • Phinnea wrote: »
    I do hate you.

My biggest weakness is boxes of See's chocolates. They're made on the west coast so I can't get them most of the time, thank goodness. I have no restraint with them.

It does sound though, Dave, as though you'd better keep eating that chocolate or you'll waste away to nothing

I like that plan.... ;) and I wonder what the See's chocolates are like, I better not ask either you or @meinaz to send me any to try as I may be putting too much temptation in your way...
  • Well, that's my secret shame out... and if you see someone matching my description, snooping round a supermarket on a Boxing Day morning with a basket full of half price confectionery, it's probably me.... :blush:

If I see you on Boxing Day I’ll race you to the chocolate section but reading your posts you would’ve already beaten me to it. :lol:
  • My goodness, what have I started... :lol:

So much deliciousness, it's all quite something. ..

Toblerone... they're nice, I buy a big one, used to be 180g, now it's only 140g .. will take me four or five days to eat one as I will make it last me as a treat by only breaking off two or three pieces at a time, usually in the evening ..

As @someonewashere mentioned and I did before, milk chocolate seems the best way, I very very occasionally may dabble in a bit of dark chocolate, but I feel the need to take on fluids if I do, so a cup of tea or a soft drink/cordial is in order to partake of that particular strand...white I can eat at a push, but it all tastes too sugary to me...

And to probably upset everyone, I have to say this, I have eaten this all my life and have never been more than 12st 7lb (approx 170lb) and currently am at 10st 7lb (147lbs) and holding, taken me a couple of years to actually put on those 7lb ... and at just short of 6ft tall, you can imagine how skinny I look... add to this my love of chips (The English ones, potatoes chopped up into slices and then strips) and people actually hate me.... haha...

Well, that's my secret shame out... and if you see someone matching my description, snooping round a supermarket on a Boxing Day morning with a basket full of half price confectionery, it's probably me.... :blush:

Aww, I'm sorry to hear people judge you because of your weight. If you were a woman you'd be considered lucky..
    I've always been between average and fat (not obese, but you know...) Fluctuations through the years.. depending on what is going on in my life. Luckily I have a pretty face, a good heart and a .....unique personality. Lol
    Don't stop me from enjoying sweets here and there and im glad you don't either!!!
  • Turkey1010 wrote: »

Aww, I'm sorry to hear people judge you because of your weight. If you were a woman you'd be considered lucky..
    I've always been between average and fat (not obese, but you know...) Fluctuations through the years.. depending on what is going on in my life. Luckily I have a pretty face, a good heart and a .....unique personality. Lol
    Don't stop me from enjoying sweets here and there and im glad you don't either!!!

Don't get me wrong, it's not actual hate, maybe some jealousy, but never any malice... I don't know what I'm doing to stay like this but it's working... As a kid I was told I'd 'fill out' by the time I was 20, then it was 30, then 40, but still I go on..

And as long as you're happy the way you are, then the whole world can go and take a running jump, because it's up to no one else how you want to life your life...

I must say though, if anyone on here has any romantic inclinations towards me, I'm afraid to say it would never happen, there's no way I'm gonna be sharing my chocolate!
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    Of course it's pure envy.

Perhaps you can meet someone who doesn't eat it. No one on this thread, but they do exist