EA Forums - Banner

The 'We LOVE chocolate' thread

Replies

• I am addicted to wine gums but please don't tell the chocolate fruit and nut bar in my cupboard :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I am addicted to wine gums but please don't tell the chocolate fruit and nut bar in my cupboard :)

I never heard of wine gums but looking them up I am sure I would like them. I think it is always a good idea to supplement a chocolate addiction with other types of sugar.
  • What’s the chocolate bar you dislike the most? Mines double decker I just don’t like the taste
  • What’s the chocolate bar you dislike the most? Mines double decker I just don’t like the taste

I cannot stand white chocolate... bleurghhhhh! :#
  • I love double deckers, all that crispy, crunchy, chewy, chocolatey goodness. ...mmmm

Can't eat a bounty though, not a coconut fan, no matter how much chocolate you wrap round one
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Can't eat a bounty though, not a coconut fan, no matter how much chocolate you wrap round one
    I like bounty bars but not had one for ages so I must look out for them and buy some
  • I really like chocolate.

But I live and die for white chocolate. Yes, I know it's not really chocolate, and I agree. It's a little meltaway piece of heaven...

If there were a room full of chocolate and white chocolate, I would step over the chocolate, and every man, woman or child eating chocolate to get to the white chocolate.

So there. It's out there. I am prepared for the storm of chocolate-shaming you'll unleash on me. I fully expect my neighbour list to de-populate in 10 minutes. And when I come home I'm sure to find that my wife has left me, my kids have disowned me and the dog has soiled my shoes (which will be very odd since I don't have a dog).
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2323 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    anaquarind wrote: »
    I really like chocolate.

But I live and die for white chocolate. Yes, I know it's not really chocolate, and I agree. It's a little meltaway piece of heaven...

If there were a room full of chocolate and white chocolate, I would step over the chocolate, and every man, woman or child eating chocolate to get to the white chocolate.

So there. It's out there. I am prepared for the storm of chocolate-shaming you'll unleash on me. I fully expect my neighbour list to de-populate in 10 minutes. And when I come home I'm sure to find that my wife has left me, my kids have disowned me and the dog has soiled my shoes (which will be very odd since I don't have a dog).
    Welcome...

You can relax here, I hope... *stares at the group* .. white chocolate derives from the cocoa bean, so that's good enough for me... :lol:

Besides, if you don't like what we do, then that means there's more for us, plus it's handy that people like different things, for instance, I now know where to send all those little Bounty bites that end up swilling around the bottom of my celebrations tub....

This thread is bringing a lot of memories for me and something I'd been thinking about for a long while was these...

82cd72ca57e29dd74f5fb0ce48c41d91.jpg

I had memories of these and loved them as a kid, but it's literally just now, whilst reading this thread that the name came to me and I found that image on the web....

I'm sure there was something else similar which had individual little blocks (like what Dairy Milk and Bournville used to have) but with different solid colour wrappers which denoted the flavour...I thought it was those above but it wasn't, but remembering the name reminded me of those too..

EDIT: After a little internet research, I think it probably was those above but before they had a 'makeover' .. I remember eating the coffee ones first as I didn't like them too much, followed by the dark chocolate ones, and saving the milk chocolate and then orange milk chocolate until last...

Sometimes I would even alternate them all so I ate one of each flavour in a row three or four times, depending how many were in a box
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Oh I love Double Decker and Bounty...huge coconut fan. I love the version of Bounty in US, its called Almond Joy, Chocolate and nut, great combo.

I dont think I've found any chocolate that I dont like :D
  • White chocolate is all right, when you have a taste of all three you can tell the alternating flavor.

Texture changes as well as it's melting point.
    Smell,taste, feeling (I always feel like white chocolate is a bit waxy or chalky, it is mostly fat derived from the Cacao bean) but when used in a dish that lacks that flavor, it can bring things up a flavor profile.
  • .....i don't think there is a chocolate I don't like....
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    As long as it doesn't contain mint, I will eat any chocolate. There are some that I like less than others like kit kats and crunch bars.
  • I love mint/chocolate combo and especially like mint chocolate ice cream. :p
    Some people call it peppermint bon bon ice cream. ;)
  • Thinking about it I'm sure there are some out there with marshmallow in it... I dont like that. I like marshmallow is only certain things.. like a smores..
  • I like mint and chocolate, as long as it isnt a sickly mint flavour.

I like chocolate with caramel and nuts.
    Really liked Heath bars when I tried them recently an I have always liked kit Kat.
  • Hmmm... peanut butter kit kat <3
  • I like coconut and chocolate together. I enjoy bounty bars, but I haven't had one in ages.

I like white chocolate, but not Cadbury's white chocolate. Nestle's tastes better. Or even better still, in NZ at least, is a brand called Whittakers:
    big_3807.jpg

I used to be a milk chocolate fiend... but a couple of years ago I gave up chocolate and sugar for nearly a year :o And then when I fell off the wagon, I started by only allowing myself a small amount of good quality dark chocolate (because it's supposedly healthier). Anyway I developed an appreciation for decent dark chocolate then.

I like chocolate marshmallow too. I like marshmallow santas and Easter eggs, etc.

I also like chocolate and peanut butter together. I like the filling of reeses peanut butter cups, but I don't like the chocolate.

I like York Peppermint patties. It's very hard to get them here, but I have a very kind friend who has sent them to me :D Anything mint chocolate is good.
  • Update.. . I ran out of wine gums and ate the fruit and nut chocolate bar :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Update.. . I ran out of wine gums and ate the fruit and nut chocolate bar :)

That really does seem like the sensible thing to have done B)
  • Had a sneaky Snickers bar today B)