EA Forums - Banner

Think they should extend Wacking day event?

battyguy
1123 posts Member
They will probably extend the date, they normally do on big updates :) Halloween & xmas was so why not Whacking day :)

Seeing how some people are slightly behind i hop they do :D
Is there anyone out there?

Replies

• mattperiolat
    668 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Really, th secret to WD are generous friends. And lots of them. Add in the snake rocks for free and it helps. I personally threw in the stump, the log and the license and I'm doing quite well.

My way of saying an extension is unlikely. There's more stuff in the pipeline and given you will have had two full weeks by Thursday, unless you started extremely late, just no reason.
  • shaunareid
    721 posts
    edited April 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    They will probably extend the date, they normally do on big updates :) Halloween & xmas was so why not Whacking day :)

Seeing how some people are slightly behind i hop they do :D

I'm waaaayyyy behind! Only just got the Duff stadium today! :shock:
  • Samwellthefirst
    201 posts
    edited April 2013
    Considering the problems in the start an extension would hardly be unreasonable
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    probably will, but frankly I'm whacked out. I'm on track to get to the 16th whack box, and certainly not spending the 50d for elite license just to get at best 9-12 donuts (if I were to be lucky). Unfortunately, if they extend it too long, I'm going to have to shoot for those remaining boxes.
  • highvoltage00
    26 posts
    edited April 2013
    :cry: I don't even have Duff Stadium yet. I'm ridiculously behind.
  • phoenixbebe
    85 posts
    edited April 2013
    eh i think a month is enough for Whacking Day. haha but i only said that because I bought the Stumps and Rocks last week...so I get at least 110+ snakes/eggs every 4 hours. If Whacking Day were to continue, then these would continue to GENERATE snakes! @[email protected] HAHA.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6246 posts Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I think they have given enough time. But we truly have no idea if they will extend it or not.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Surely they will, due to losing snakes the update is really only 3 weeks long if you count the amount I lost an what I earned in a week- it was very similar, I had only 1200 snakes when they updated it. Now at 4380 .
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    The problem is there will always be those that start late and those that dont put in the same amount of time in the game and will never get everything even if they extend it a month.

Even with this sentiment I hope they extend it a bit to give as many as possible the opportunity to get everything.

But after the event as usual we will get swamped with the complaint threads about no warning of the end when it should end(time of day) and lost eggs and snakes.

I started Playing near the end of Halloween and missed out on much of the stuff but that is how the donut crumbles!!
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I got the Duff Stadium today and I'm seriously debating throwing in the towel, whilst I'd love to have Tatum I just can't bare going in to my game, it's tedious and it feels a lot like work.
  • Toj427
    438 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I think between the friend glitch and how long it takes to collect snakes from friends they should extend it a bit. I just got to 3000 today and there's no way I can hit all my friends every day. I spend about 3 minutes in each Springfield looking for snakes. That means I'm not likely to get to more than 10 to 20 friends a day tops.
  • sharmadsen
    44 posts
    edited April 2013
    Best to not depend on an extension. I just got the Duff Stadium today, but I'll likely have the pet snake today or tomorrow, so I think that even with my slow start, I'll be able to catch up and surpass the requirements. I did buy an elite license, as paying 50 donuts now so that I don't have to shell them out later is a bargain. I also bought a stump and a log.

It won't help with the totals, but I want Ninja Homer before he's gone. I'm devastated to find out I missed out on the Batman-esque Burns skin! I swear I looked for it in the premiums, but didn't see it, and thought that the signal was the only item. :(

• L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    jaffaface wrote:
    I got the Duff Stadium today and I'm seriously debating throwing in the towel, whilst I'd love to have Tatum I just can't bare going in to my game, it's tedious and it feels a lot like work.
    Same situation as you but I don't want to throw in th towel- I need 500 or so a day to catch up- i know I went from 3750 to 4350 today or something like that- I my make another time with my other email and using the early level easy earned donuts to buy egg baskets. It may eventually help me by have to spend two hours a day visiting friends. What with my school work and day to day jobs I have very little free time without tapped out taking hours of it.
  • XxEpicnezzxX
    1367 posts
    edited April 2013
    No worries, :XD: pretty sure they will, since with all these problems lately.
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited April 2013
    jaffaface wrote:

I know what you mean. Dealing with my own town is bad enough. Forget about neighbors... I started Whacking Day with only 15 neighbors, now I'm up to 50. And I'm sure I could get to 100 if I wanted, but it's too much. But I've started breaking up neighbors into 3 groups to divide up when during the day to visit, cuz it's just too much to do in one shot anymore.
    Toj427 wrote:
    I think between the friend glitch and how long it takes to collect snakes from friends they should extend it a bit. I just got to 3000 today and there's no way I can hit all my friends every day. I spend about 3 minutes in each Springfield looking for snakes. That means I'm not likely to get to more than 10 to 20 friends a day tops.

Eggcept for placing eggs, I wouldn't spend more than 30 seconds... Find as many snakes as you can within the first 20 seconds or so. Any more time is too much, and if I don't get all 5 snakes, oh well. Some towns are too busy to find them all if they don't jump out. I try not to spend more than another 30 seconds placing eggs.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!