EA Forums - Banner

My Grandma is 104 years old today!

She is one of the mose amazing people I ever met. She was a teacher as a young woman and kept working after she got married and had children (that was very unusual at the time, in her rural area). Her and her husband raised eleven kids; seven of them have either a college or university degree (also quite unusual for the time and the area). She was very involved in her church and community, and maintained her own house until about 10 years ago, when she fell and broke her hip. She now has two artificial hips but it doesn’t show; she walks just the same as she did before the surgeries.

I have wonderful memories of her growing up; my cousins and I were allowed to play wherever we wanted in the house and pick whatever we wanted from the garden she kept; and of course, she used to make the best jelly sandwich cookies. Grandmas alway make the best cookies. She doesn't cook anymore though, and I haven't been able to make those cookies just the way she did. I would love to share them with my own grandkids.

I understand that this isn't gonna be the most interesting topic for most people, but I just wanted to share a little something about my wonderful grandma :)

Replies

• How amazing, happy birthday to her!!!
  • Wow, that's wonderful! Hope you have a fun time celebrating with her! :grin:
  • Unfortunately I live too far away to be able to be with her for her birthday. She still has lots of family around to help her celebrate though! I did call her and sent a card... but it's not the same as being there.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Happy Birthday to your Grandma. It sounds like she has lived an amazing life. I hope that she enjoys her day.
  • Nice post. Thanks for sharing.
  • Wow! Happy birthday to her. B)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • That's pretty amazing. I hope your grandma had a lovely day :)
  • Happy birthday Grandma :smile:
  • Wow thats incredible. God bless her! To think of what she has seen in her years is amazing. Shes a walking history lesson. My own grandmother lived to 101, so I can kinda relate. Happy birthday and hope she has many more!
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Hi neighbour! A very happy birthday to your grandma. Hope she has had a wonderful day :D
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • She is one of the mose amazing people I ever met. She was a teacher as a young woman and kept working after she got married and had children (that was very unusual at the time, in her rural area). Her and her husband raised eleven kids; seven of them have either a college or university degree (also quite unusual for the time and the area). She was very involved in her church and community, and maintained her own house until about 10 years ago, when she fell and broke her hip. She now has two artificial hips but it doesn’t show; she walks just the same as she did before the surgeries.

I have wonderful memories of her growing up; my cousins and I were allowed to play wherever we wanted in the house and pick whatever we wanted from the garden she kept; and of course, she used to make the best jelly sandwich cookies. Grandmas alway make the best cookies. She doesn't cook anymore though, and I haven't been able to make those cookies just the way she did. I would love to share them with my own grandkids.

I understand that this isn't gonna be the most interesting topic for most people, but I just wanted to share a little something about my wonderful grandma :)

This is excellent. She is a Centenarian!
  • Rock On!
  • johncolombo
    11566 posts Senior Moderator
    What a night nice story. Congrats and happy birthday to her. My mother if she was still living, birthday would have been the 18th
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ