EA Forums - Banner

Simple Movie Title Game (Really)

simp7fan
4163 posts Member
edited October 2017
In this game, we take the first movie in a series (like a trilogy) and give it a subtitle as if it were a sequel. In other words, a sequel's subtitle often explains the plot, while the first movie doesn't but could. Ex. "Speed 2: Cruise Control" is about "Speed" on a boat... What was the first movie about? So, maybe "Speed 1: Can't Not Drive 55". Anything creative, technical, or even humorous is encouraged. Feel free to subtitle a movie more than once. Limit your posts to a few titles at a time, for readability and likingness. :)

This can also be done to both identically named titles in a reboot and original (Ghostbusters), or even movie series that are only numbered (Godfather), but then do the whole series. Even movies with subtitles can be done when they're not really a subtitle. (I can't explain that one, but you might know?)
Post edited by simp7fan on
Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.

Replies

• Sequel: "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel"
    Firstquel: "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Firstquel" :p

Sequel: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret Of The Ooze"
    Firstquel: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I: Foot Fungus"

Sequel: "Jackass Number Two"
    Firstquel: "Jackass Number One" ;)
    I don't know what to label the first movie as. Feel free to label your posts "better". lol
  • I hope people will give this a try. Here's one resource you can use for sequel titles: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_sequels_by_box-office_improvement. Or a google search can get you results.

Or, is the thread title putting people off? ...I could change it to something simple, lol.
  • I'll give it a go.

The Matrix I: The One Where the Plot Almost Makes Sense
  • Nice. :)

Yeah, my big issue with my own game here is that I'm not super sure what the plots are for different movies. P.S. IMDB will show a synopsis of the plot if you need it.

If you don't mind, I'll try that same one, too.
    "The Matrix I: This Ain't Your Mother's Alice In Wonderland"
  • "The Terminator: Get An Unlisted Number Baby"
  • "Bill & Ted Pass Their History Report"
    If you didn't know, the sequel was originally going to be called "Bill & Ted Go To Hell" instead of "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey".
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    I Defied The Rules Of Space-Time and Physics, Even Created Several Paradoxes, But Somehow Didn’t Screw Up The Universal Timeline
  • Police Academy: Pleasure Podium
  • Mission Impossible: However the missions are actually possible because there will be two sequels. :#
  • Mission Impossible: However the missions are actually possible because there will be two sequels. :#
    Oh, spoiler alert! :p;) I didn't know...but kinda figured. Not "Mission: Possible", eh? Nah, too on the nose.
    moxxee wrote: »
    I Defied The Rules Of Space-Time and Physics, Even Created Several Paradoxes, But Somehow Didn’t Screw Up The Universal Timeline
    Maybe this is a real contribution....if so *shwew* over my head. Which movie is this?
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    Maybe this is a real contribution....if so *shwew* over my head. Which movie is this?

I assume this is Star Trek: Stop Naming it Enterprise - They Always Blow Up!

Star Wars IV Spaceballs with no comedy the fans awaken.

Star wars V fans forget Flash Gordon

Star wars VI the Ewoks begin
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    simp7fan wrote: »
    Mission Impossible: However the missions are actually possible because there will be two sequels. :#
    Oh, spoiler alert! :p;) I didn't know...but kinda figured. Not "Mission: Possible", eh? Nah, too on the nose.

BTTF 1-3
  • Thanks moxxee. I figured it out after HappyGamer's comment and right before yours. That's a bit of a harder game. Feel free to do it here if the activity remains low, or make a new thread to crush my weak one!

I didn't realize that it blew up every movie. LOL.
    Thanks moxxee. I figured it out after HappyGamer's comment and right before yours. That's a bit of a harder game. Feel free to do it here if the activity remains low, or make a new thread to crush my weak one!

I didn't realize that it blew up every movie. LOL.

OK, maybe not every movie, but they're always damaged/disabled. They've gone through at least 5 of them, some more than once with the reboots. :D
  • "The Simpsons: Dome Drama"

...You know they're going to make a sequel.... it will be their swan song.