EA Forums - Banner

Wowsa glad no episode tie in... is everyone trying to get fired????

Prev13
Yikes.

And.... ew and yikes.

Replies

  • J7En1kP.jpg
    .. ...
  • It isn't like gore is new to THOH...but yeah, I have to concur.
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    I assume this is related to the actual episode aired tonight, right? I didn’t see it. Was it bad?
  • moxxee wrote: »
    I assume this is related to the actual episode aired tonight, right? I didn’t see it. Was it bad?
    I didn't see it either. But reviews show there's a difference of opinion or a difference in the strength of stomach or love of dark humor. Who knows.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    simp7fan wrote: »
    moxxee wrote: »
    I assume this is related to the actual episode aired tonight, right? I didn’t see it. Was it bad?
    I didn't see it either. But reviews show there's a difference of opinion or a difference in the strength of stomach or love of dark humor. Who knows.
    Interesting. Wish there was a way to see it again!

    But fear factor is on, and it’s a good one. So I’m torn....
  • moxxee wrote: »
    I assume this is related to the actual episode aired tonight, right? I didn’t see it. Was it bad?

    I’ll assume that the segment in question that’s exciting the difference of opinion is the last one. I thought it was okay, but not particularly clever or funny. But I applaud the staff for a willingness to ruffle a few audience feathers. This is, after all, a show that built its reputation in part on being transgressive.

  • Really enjoyed the first 2 segments. The 3rd was actually kinda dark comedy creepy.
  • I liked it so much I watched it twice! It was fun!!!
  • You know, those sure did suck. They plain sucked! I mean I've seen episodes suck before, but this episode was the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked! It just plain sucked.

    Each segment was worse than the last. The puking was more Family Guy than Simpson's and didn't have to be there. The last segment was just terrible.

    Kang and Kodos were lucky not to be in any of them.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I turned in late so I missed most of the first segment so I can't really judge it. The second segment didn't really seem to have much of a point to me. I enjoyed the last one. It probably doesn't stand up to the better THOH segments but compared to the second and what I saw of the first, I liked it.
  • thanks for keeping this spoiler-free :)
  • Enjoyed it fully
  • shoskin wrote: »
    The puking was more Family Guy than Simpson's and didn't have to be there.
    Sounds like it. I think there was a FG episode with that exact same thing happening, a puking domino effect. True to FG style, way too long.

    One day I might watch this episode, but the puking keeps me from rushing it.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Compared to most horror movies, it was lame. Compared to Sesame Street, it was rather gory. More coherent than your typical FG or SP, but not equal to Masterpiece Theatre. And it did tie into the game, and the current event, if only loosely.
  • Pazuzu!
  • I think the writers are getting tired.

    That's all I kept thinking during the whole thing. And, really, this entire season so far. I'd agree the last segment was the best written, if it weren't for the gross out factor. The Coraline thing would have worked better about 10 years ago. (No, I didn't spoil anything, that was shown in the previews). Funniest thing about the first and last segments were the endings of both.

    This isn't the style of the Simpsons. It's almost as if they looked around and realized that FG is doing better and decided to do a FG episode. Except, I hate FG. They need to be the Simpsons.
  • I think the writers are getting tired.

    That's all I kept thinking during the whole thing. And, really, this entire season so far. I'd agree the last segment was the best written, if it weren't for the gross out factor. The Coraline thing would have worked better about 10 years ago. (No, I didn't spoil anything, that was shown in the previews). Funniest thing about the first and last segments were the endings of both.

    This isn't the style of the Simpsons. It's almost as if they looked around and realized that FG is doing better and decided to do a FG episode. Except, I hate FG. They need to be the Simpsons.

    Like to hear that I'm not the only one hating FG and loving the Simpsons
  • I think the writers are getting tired.

    That's all I kept thinking during the whole thing. And, really, this entire season so far. I'd agree the last segment was the best written, if it weren't for the gross out factor. The Coraline thing would have worked better about 10 years ago. (No, I didn't spoil anything, that was shown in the previews). Funniest thing about the first and last segments were the endings of both.

    This isn't the style of the Simpsons. It's almost as if they looked around and realized that FG is doing better and decided to do a FG episode. Except, I hate FG. They need to be the Simpsons.

    Couldn't agree more.
    However the world is changing, they need to learn how to change with it. Yet the episodes produced have been lacking.

    This year's most hated episode (by me) while not part of this current season, was Kamp Krustier they got rid of what made the original so great and turned it into something Kristy would actually profit from (turning it into a Sideshow school would've been more Krusty's speed).

    However I have heard that they will do a "documentary" of Homer at the Bat, they'd better not **** it up. Just saw a promo...not a fan of live action mixed with animation. Works with Movies and worked in the Christmas/Katy Perry episode but.... I feel it might be the right direction (minus the live action)
    They need to be the Simpsons.

    m03uA4a.gif
  • To be fair, Lisa warned you it was disgusting.
  • shoskin wrote: »
    The puking was more Family Guy than Simpson's and didn't have to be there.

    I disagree, the puking was true to the source material. If you ask someone to describe an iconic scene from that particular movie, puking would probably turn up quite a bit. In fact when the episode ended I actually found myself thinking "I can't believe they didn't use the puking".
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.