EA Forums - Banner

THOH 2017

Prev1
So which act was your favorite this year?

Replies

• All acts had great parts but the cake goes to... Act 3 for me.
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    So which act was your favorite this year?

Act 3.
    I had thought that this segment was based on Stephen King’s short story, “Survivor Type”, but Joel Cohen, who pitched the idea, claims not to have read it.

• I think all 3 acts were entertaining in their own ways.
  • someonewashere
    1769 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    God damn. Part 3 was disgusting.

Seriously using A1 for that?
    Come on make a redwine reduction using some red liquid, and some redwine. However honestly it was disgusting, more importantly why not remove parts that regrow? Like the liver? Make a nice Pate de Homero.

Whatever, act II had potential, but not enough pay off, the animation being very annoying, back in the old days that would have passed for good, but now we have DreamWorks and Pixar, we expected better from ya.

Act I I skipped, yet it kept coming back, you don't always need a running gag, unless it's funny like Willie dying in all three acts.

The intro? Pc violence?
    Even if it wasn't I would rather have food that EATS YOU!
    BuUfX0m.gif
    Just my nonsense, my two cents is free.

Edit: I hate auto correct.
  • 0Brooders0
    2193 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I liked first segment the best. I think the other two stories were fun too. Not the best THOH but made me giggle :)
    Post edited by 0Brooders0 on
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    I liked Maggie exorcism segment the best. I think the other two stories were fun too. Not the best THOH but made me giggle :)

@0Brooders0 noooo spoilers :rage:
    CbSL6em.gif
    I liked Maggie exorcism segment the best. I think the other two stories were fun too. Not the best THOH but made me giggle :)

CbSL6em.gif

Sorry I only mentioned Maggie as it's been in the teaser trailer all week. I didn't think that was a spoiler.
  • I edited it out. But I don't think that matters now you saw it. Sorry :(
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

CbSL6em.gif

Sorry I only mentioned Maggie as it's been in the teaser trailer all week. I didn't think that was a spoiler.

Apology excepted. I’ve not seen any trailers at all.
  • Apology excepted. I’ve not seen any trailers at all.
    So...you enter a thread meant for discussing the latest episode that you haven't seen...including not even taking a peak at any trailers, and then complain about spoilers....???? Maybe you shouldn't be in here yet. It's okay. The thread will still be here when you get a chance to see the episode. No reason to shut down others' speech over your determination to not be spoiled.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    There were a few funny parts, but overall it was just kind of bizarre. (Thanks for the link ;))
  • There is a THOH marathon on FXX if anyone is interested.
  • TapNDatSprngfld
    494 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Overall , I thought it was a good episode. It felt more like THOH than last year's.

Edit: forgot to include favorite act. Act one , hands down. Perfect balance of spooky and funny. Act two was pretty cool. Nice mix of animation styles. I was'nt offended by act three I just thought Homer eating himself to death was kinda deppressing.
  • The only part that kind of made me cringe reflex was when homer initially cut off his finger lol. But I was captivated through the first and had some highlights in the second.
  • So when Homer ate his head when it was turned into a donut no one had a problem with that, but this? heh.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    simp7fan wrote: »
    So when Homer ate his head when it was turned into a donut no one had a problem with that, but this? heh.

Donuts taste good. People don't or at least I assume. I haven't ate any people yet.
  • I'm watching the marathon on fxx and there's more people-eating than I remember.

pHSiuuk.png
  • I'm watching the marathon on fxx and there's more people-eating than I remember.
    pHSiuuk.png
    Indeed.
    39Dz0.jpg?v=1468338578

• meinaz wrote: »
    So when Homer ate his head when it was turned into a donut no one had a problem with that, but this? heh.

Donuts taste good. People don't or at least I assume. I haven't ate any people yet.

People eat meat. People are meat. Why do we eat meat then if it isn't good? ;)

Some donuts aren't good, btw. I've had some. Very disappointing.
  • meinaz wrote: »

Yet?