In the same spirit as our industrious billionaires who are opting to give all their wealth away to the benefit of others, I would like to announce a TO version of The Giving Pledge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giving_Pledge).
All members who commit to the Pledge, having secured 12500 snakes agree to give all their future eggs away to the those in need on an on-going and regular basis until the end of the Whacking Day promotion.
I'm at about 9000 snakes, but as soon as I hit 12,500 I will make an effort to give all my eggs away to the neediest expecting nothing in return.
Let me be the first to make the pledge.... anyone else interested?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.
ID - wait4Lt
Plz add me ybdri.
My name is: Velzorn
You can add me if u feel generous
I doubt it im usually not lucky to get such a nice thing done 2 me
Also got eggs to swap if anyone wants a buddy
Add me please: Umadbrah3
I have myself 516 eggs to give and I'm willing to give them out and hopefully receive some in return?
Who's to say that people haven't done (or doing) this already?
I was going to put this up closer to the end so I could stroke my ego with a larger list, but I'll put this up now in hopes it inspires others. I have been gifting a serious number of eggs with very little in return. I've received an average of 7 eggs a day from others since the beginning. My partial list of members that I have contributed to(I am withholding names whom I am still friends with to keep myself anonymous) and the number of eggs they got.
Congrats to the following people:
lazyumberto(hey that's you!)--1000+
jamesbeal--??? I completely filled his little town with eggs
Yes, that's about 15,000 eggs(not counting the names of people I am currently friended with or the people that received a normal amount of daily egg giving of 1-10eggs). None of these were trades. In fact, I unfriended most right after giving the eggs so they couldn't give any back. Most people on the list were chosen at random from the add me threads. Some because they posted of hardship. and a few(like you) got eggs for being clever. I estimate I will be dropping 4-5000 more eggs before the end(I don't have much incentive to egg as much now).
How the heck am I doing this?
1. I have been playing 12-18 hours a day, everyday; over multiple accounts since the start of WD.(I have NO life)
2. Trade with yourself. Finding a buddy is nice, but some people take too long. Wasting your time.
3. I have purchased premium items, namely the license and the snake logs(other stuff is worthless) .
4. I've been keeping my towns small and empty. Ugly as it may be, it makes hunting faster and reduces problems with crashes and stuttering. I'm a massive house farmer on 1 account(1500 blue houses) but removed them for WD
5. Friend people with little towns and low levels. Looking at nicely decorated level27 towns are nice, but not for getting snakes. Little towns mean its easier to find snakes and again less crash issues. I had massive friend turnover in the beginning because I would send out hundreds of invites then dump them if their towns were not ideal. Choose friends with the intention of whacking snakes, not getting eggs.
What most of you that are begging for eggs don't realize is how much time consuming it is to drop a substantial amount of eggs. That's why you don't get that much and that's why you need to focus on getting snakes instead of receiving eggs. And if you are going to beg for eggs, make things easy for us by clearing a section out of your town.
Now for the losers list. These are people that I selected to receive at least 100 eggs, but could not because they unfriended me or did not respond to my invite(ha,ha):
lazyumberto WHAT?(I was going to go back and completely blanket your town, but you unfreinded me With the space you had, that would have been another 2000, maybe more.)
I just hit the 3000 mark today. hoping to be able to finish on time like everyone else. if I can finish in time, i'll donate every egg I have to the next person on the list
Thanks to whoever it was- I know half of them were from egg pledges I just started but the others were unexpected, so massive thank yous!!