EA Forums - Banner

Super Secret Bonus donuts at end of Whacking Day?

Replies

• mwdalton
    11551 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Aw, nuts..

• Mark_Ravn
    28 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Isn't the super secret bonus the 10 donuts and the Jebediah Springfield statue you get from tapping Homer 10 times??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEZ8y5e4vs
  • PlacentaSandwich
    1148 posts
    edited May 2013
    Isn't the super secret bonus the 10 donuts and the Jebediah Springfield statue you get from tapping Homer 10 times??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEZ8y5e4vs
    Yes, but the ''Super Secret Bonus'' mentioned in this thread is another one.
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Although something is in the game files doesnt mean we atcually going to see it :( dont get me wrong id like to see this happen :D

And remember, it say nothing about donuts...it's just numbers. We kinda ran wild with the donut talk :D

No, it actually does mention donuts. This is how the code goes: bonus_taphomerbonus "you've just found the super secret bonus! btn_150donuts 150 Donuts btn_200donuts 200 Donuts btn_250donuts 250 Donuts btn_30 donuts 30 Donuts btn_75 Donuts btn_watch Watch

That's how the code appears. I don't know where the whacking day speculation came but now that I see it, I'm pretty sure the secret bonus is the jebediah statue.

The donut amounts just happened to appear afterwards. So what do these donut amounts correspond to?
  • theovervloet
    53 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Aren't those the different Golden-Scratch-R payouts ?
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I think EA puts some stuff in the raw files just to mess with us. :evil:
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited May 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:

+1
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:

Very good shout Sherry lol They know some people look into the files so why not put stuff in there that aint true :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Blendz1
    111 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:

Yeah I've been thinking the same thing lately, especially since there are things that have been in the files for a long time, or suddenly disappear from the files. Either they do it to mess with us or they put things in that might not be coming out anytime soon. Maybe Since the people on this forum like to speculate a lot. Not every bit of info that is added to the files, is going to be used, maybe it's to throw us off track from whats really coming. Doesn't work, the people on this forum are pretty clever most of the time.
  • TheKingChivas
    207 posts
    edited May 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Although something is in the game files doesnt mean we atcually going to see it :( dont get me wrong id like to see this happen :D

And remember, it say nothing about donuts...it's just numbers. We kinda ran wild with the donut talk :D

No, it actually does mention donuts. This is how the code goes: bonus_taphomerbonus "you've just found the super secret bonus! btn_150donuts 150 Donuts btn_200donuts 200 Donuts btn_250donuts 250 Donuts btn_30 donuts 30 Donuts btn_75 Donuts btn_watch Watch

That's how the code appears. I don't know where the whacking day speculation came but now that I see it, I'm pretty sure the secret bonus is the jebediah statue.

The donut amounts just happened to appear afterwards. So what do these donut amounts correspond to?

Ah okay...the only version of the list I saw only had the numbers (no donuts mentioned) and didn't mention the "tap Homer bonus".
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013
    This is why looking in the files is both a blessing and a curse. People find things in the files that have nothing to do with a certain update and post on here like it's fact. All it does is get people's hopes up only to be disappointed when it doesn't happen. The whole super secret bonus speculation was basically started by 1 person who felt the need to post about it every single day during whacking day. As Shadiest_one pointed out, the words "you've just found the super secret bonus" are located directly after bonustaphomer, which means it was and always has referred to the Jebediah Statue. I understand the confusion since there is donuts amounts listed right after that, but no where in the code does it mention whacking day or is it near any whacking day file info. One wishful thinker who would not stop posting about this and getting everyone's hopes up was the only reason so many people were mad when it didnt come to fruition.
  • Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited May 2013
    Maybe we were suppost to hit/whack homer a certain amount of times to get 30-250 donuts
  • mwdalton
    11551 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    This is why looking in the files is both a blessing and a curse. People find things in the files that have nothing to do with a certain update and post on here like it's fact. All it does is get people's hopes up only to be disappointed when it doesn't happen. The whole super secret bonus speculation was basically started by 1 person who felt the need to post about it every single day during whacking day. As Shadiest_one pointed out, the words "you've just found the super secret bonus" are located directly after bonustaphomer, which means it was and always has referred to the Jebediah Statue. I understand the confusion since there is donuts amounts listed right after that, but no where in the code does it mention whacking day or is it near any whacking day file info. One wishful thinker who would not stop posting about this and getting everyone's hopes up was the only reason so many people were mad when it didnt come to fruition.

Ch-yeah, I was way off with this one! :lol: Sorry everyone!
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    chrisp530 wrote:

Lol!!! I wasn't talking about you! I don't remember you mentioning it except towards the end. It was another forum member, who kept posting it in every thread and arguing with anyone who said they didn't believe it, always responding with a "Wait , you'll see, it's true" response :)
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    chrisp530 wrote:

Lol!!! I wasn't talking about you! I don't remember you mentioning it except towards the end. It was another forum member, who kept posting it in every thread and arguing with anyone who said they didn't believe it, always responding with a "Wait , you'll see, it's true" response :)
    Haha I think I know who you're on about, there name begin with an a? And end with an a?
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    chrisp530 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    chrisp530 wrote:

Haha I think I know who you're on about, there name begin with an a? And end with an a?

Lol..... Sure does :)
  • mmmmdonuts0
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm just gonna jump in and randomly ask: Could it be to do with Sideshow Bob since he's been appearing so much? Or maybe EA were planning something like that? You do have to tap him sort of like you had to tap Homer.

I don't know... It's late...
  • theovervloet
    53 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I repeat : Aren't those donuts the different amounts you can win with a Golden Scratch-R ?
  • mwdalton
    11551 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I repeat : Aren't those donuts the different amounts you can win with a Golden Scratch-R ?

No. The highest with the Golden Scratch-R's are 100 donuts. :-)
  • theovervloet
    53 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

No. The highest with the Golden Scratch-R's are 100 donuts. :-)
    Ok. Haven't bought one yet, so didn't really now the exact prizes.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.