EA Forums - Banner

Just A Thanks To The Developers

Prev1
The Donut Bug will get you eventually! It is inevitable!!

Replies

• michaelnel571
    79 posts
    edited April 2013
    XScripts wrote:

It does get harder and harder to resist...
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Awww! How refreshing!

What a nice thing to post, I love this game too and think they are doing a great job. I've tried every "builder" game out there and nothing compares to this one.

I used to be part of the "completist" group and had to have everything but now due to lack of space in my town, I've gotten off that train and only get things if it fits into the design of my town. Asia de Cuba does not so I didn't get it.
  • blbrooks38
    217 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    You know how I thank the developers? By giving them my money for a glitch prone game.
  • michaelnel571
    79 posts
    edited April 2013
    I think the biggest difference is that the other games of this style generally make it where if you don't spend cash consistently, you end up with a cluttered village full of partially completed items and unfinishable quests. That's annoying on its own, but eventually you find yourself pretty much unable to progress in the game on any real level.

I suspect this game would have been successful based on license alone, and it could have had the same traps, but they didn't. Considering EA often gets a bad rap, I think that's worth celebrating!
  • michaelnel571
    79 posts
    edited April 2013
    blbrooks38 wrote:
    You know how I thank the developers? By giving them my money for a glitch prone game.

I'm scared and confused by your sarcasm/honesty. :?

I guess I'm lucky in that I have not encountered any glitches or serious problems. I play on a Nexus 7, and it pretty much runs smoothly with an occasional slow-down.
  • robertnbrand
    654 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I must admit I've spent money on this game as well as some of my family members I've gotten to play :D
    At first I didn't think the game would be all that addicting until I started playing it more and actually put some time and effort in it so I'll admit I'm addicted to this game but in a good way not addicted in a bad way to where I'm losing my life or job or spouse over it as I've heard a few people talking about stuff like that happening to them but I feel that is completely crazy if you'll let a game mess up your whole life as for like I said before I don't have that problem it's called "having your life under control" and sorting out your priorities!!! Don't get me wrong I do love this game and I play daily :lol: So yes, Thank you E.A!!! :mrgreen:
  • LazyUmberto
    95 posts
    edited April 2013
    The game may have glitches occasionally, but EA always comes through in fixing them and then throwing some bones our way in the form of free donuts and such.

The OP makes an important point. You don't HAVE to spend money on this game to enjoy it to a pretty large degree. I have spend some cash on it, but not until much much later into playing it. And if you don't want to spend a single donut, you can still have fun and participate in all the promotions. Not many games like it.

So yeah, it isn't perfect - but I'm tired of the whiners, bitchers, and complainers. This game is pretty good and with frequent updates and fixes, it's getting better.
  • stevieort
    615 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I am utterly addicted to this game. I have spent a lot of money on it, and despite the glitches (Harp of Death! Having To Rush Rich Texan quest with donuts!), I can't stop playing. It continues to both surprise me and make me laugh, and I love that constant self-aware nods to tappers ("Time is arbitrary. It takes 6 seconds to clean nuclear waste, but 6 hours for me to lounge in the pool.")

I am a HUGE fan. Thanks, EA!

And, yes, I recently spend $19.99 on donuts, and plan to take advantage of the upcoming "Day Old Donut Sale" in order to get ready for the Springfield Squidport updated. So my gratitude is indeed tangible. :P
  • i_set_fire
    328 posts
    edited April 2013
    I would say that the price of doughnuts is a bit extreme, but it seems to be working for you and so I thank those who do buy them for enabling me to have the fun I've had.

You're welcome :-)
  • troothpaste
    96 posts
    edited April 2013
    love the game bugs are liveable

donuts are awesome
  • MelDesigner
    647 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Thanks to the developers of Tapped Out I've started buying the Simpsons DVDs and play episodes pertaining to the game.
    Sometimes for quick visual references for inspiration or something to listen to while I play.
    For the moment I watch episodes with Fat Tony and his goons because of the recent update. May go back to the Whacking Day episode to start on a Fort Sensible layout.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    XScripts wrote:

Donut bug? That's probably ringworm. I'd contact a doctor.
  • PuertoRockUno
    61 posts
    edited April 2013
    I used to play a couple other tappy games. Never spent a dollar on them.
    That all changed when I got this game...
    Used to feel guilty, now I don't. I could spend money at a bar and literally * all my money away, or I could have Otto jamming out in front of his school bus for as long as the game is active.
    Being a HUGE Simpsons nerd, this game does it for me. I was pretty high leveled in the other games I quit just to focus on this one.
    The glitches can be a curse, or a blessing. My girlfriend did a golden scratch-off once, it said she won 100 donuts and she wound up with 500+ donuts.
    The glitch that occurs frequently with me is that my friends list disappears.
    Another glitch that occurs frequently with me as well is that I get more donuts than what I asked for, which is always a good thing. I also bought a golden scratch off ticket, said I won the lowest prize or whatever... then the ticket re-appeared and gave me 100 donuts (3 axes) for free.

I also appreciate that they reference a lot of the older episodes I know, love, and grew up with. When the newer tie-ins come around like Swanky Fish (meh), I ignore them. But when the classics come around, I scoop them up immediately.

Just be careful. Once you buy donuts, you can't stop. I haven't bought a boatload or anything yet, but them scratch offs add up quickly!
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited April 2013
    Lol i wudnt buy donuts just yet, i think by starting this thread saying all the goodluck you have been having you might have jinxed it!!! Lol im joking but wait till wacking day is near its end as we might see another gil deal then
  • robertnbrand
    654 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    The game may have glitches occasionally, but EA always comes through in fixing them and then throwing some bones our way in the form of free donuts and such.

The OP makes an important point. You don't HAVE to spend money on this game to enjoy it to a pretty large degree. I have spend some cash on it, but not until much much later into playing it. And if you don't want to spend a single donut, you can still have fun and participate in all the promotions. Not many games like it.

So yeah, it isn't perfect - but I'm tired of the whiners, bitchers, and complainers. This game is pretty good and with frequent updates and fixes, it's getting better.

I agree with you 100% I myself also haven't spent much money on this game and I like yourself didn't spend any money until later on into the game but either way rather you spend money or you don't this is a game that you can actually play all the way through and still participate in everything and have all the privileges as a person that spends money. The only difference between someone spending money and someone not spending money is the person spending money can get premium items that are limited time (only can get by purchasing donuts) to where the person not spending money can't! But all together either way it's still a really fun game even though there is sometime glitches EA is working on that and they're making really good improvements so far if you ask me. :mrgreen:
  • Hotokesama77
    2 posts
    edited April 2013
    great game. My biggest complaints would be doughnut prices and how long it takes to start up. Other then that I've enjoyed it much.
  • jazzthierry
    293 posts
    edited April 2013
    In the beginning i was like: only stupid people are spending money in this game but now i'm stupid...and i love it. I spend 6 hours on this game every day and i think it's more like an expressive way because you can be so creative with this and it costs u a little bit of money but i do it for the updates and because i'm stupid :).

AND for the FUN guy's !!!!
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6344 posts Moderator
    edited April 2013
    This board is refreshing to see. I am a huge Simpsons fan & own all the seasons available on blu-ray. Seasons 13, 14, 15 & 20 & the Simpsons Movie. Also have the Simpsons game on PS3.

I too love this game & will continue to support the developer for many years to come. This is the only game I play on my iPad 3.

Great job EA. Keep up the good work & I can't wait to see what's next.
  • Linky2g
    665 posts
    edited April 2013
    the only other game I play is drisk.

i used to have tons of games on my phone but now its just tsto and drisk.
  • chindogger
    179 posts
    edited April 2013
    Best game ever...brought me back to playing games after years without doing so..really is life running but fun ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.