EA Forums - Banner

Add confirmation pop ups to avoid accidental donut spending

I totally agree with you I have wasted several donuts tapping away !!! :(

Replies

• Canyoneerroo
    60 posts
    edited April 2013
    cl891 wrote:
    There is a donut confirmation button already in the game. It was introduced as part of the Whacking Day update. To access it go to your building menu. In the box that pops up, there is the letter "i" in the top right corner. Click on it. It's will bring up a menu, in which one of the options is to turn on donut confirm spend.

Thanks! Turned it on. Thought they would make donut confirmation the default, odd they don't. Appreciated all the same.
  • IndigoFerret
    2 posts
    edited April 2013
    They would rather make random loss of our donuts the default.
  • akmedtdt
    60 posts
    edited April 2013
    thanks for sharing this info cl891 :D
  • bobbell234
    95 posts
    edited April 2013
    Be aware that the setting appears to be device independent. I had it set on my iPad but played on my iPhone one day and wasted 6 donuts because the confirmation wasn't set there. (sigh)
  • Canyoneerroo
    60 posts
    edited April 2013
    Yeah ^ It's lame they don't make confirmation a default. A very cheap tactic to gaining peoples money by pure accident. Weak EA, for shame.
  • sengir_cdv
    53 posts
    edited April 2013
    thats really important.
    i made some pictures to show you the way:

http://simpsonstappedoutstory.blogspot.de/2013/04/donut-confirmation.html

- -
    Edit: seems bb code is disabled and i cant activate it.
    choose the link in my signature, if you need the pictures.
  • jasonmaxha254
    33 posts
    edited April 2013
    cl891 wrote:
    There is a donut confirmation button already in the game. It was introduced as part of the Whacking Day update. To access it go to your building menu. In the box that pops up, there is the letter "i" in the top right corner. Click on it. It's will bring up a menu, in which one of the options is to turn on donut confirm spend.

thanks. I wish I had read this sooner! I'm at Level 26 with 0 donuts because of 'bad tapping'.
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts
    edited April 2013
    Thanks a lot for the information. I have spent about 20 donuts tapping too fast. I hope this will solve the problem :)

I have my ipad set for Spanish and everything in the game is in Spanish. Well, in Spanish, instead of saying "confirm donut spend", it is written "?gastar rosquillas? which means "spend donuts". I set it for NO of course, but Spanish speakers beware, you should actually say YES, and it's suppose to mean "confirm donut spend". Until I read these messages, and set my game to the English language, I had the option of "confirm donut spend" off just because of the way it is written in Spanish: totally misleading.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.