EA Forums - Banner

Bar ideas...

so hubby and I are finally trying to make this home, our home...so we decided were going to build me a bar....at first I was planning to do this out side but its going to cost a lot more outside cause we would have to re do the panels over the patio...so im going to build it in either the living room or the back bedroom....but im leaning more towards the living room...we do all of our sitting and hanging out in the den that's in the back of the house and the living room is where my computer area is... but Im needing some ideas on what I want it to look like!! if it was going to be the back patio I had a great idea for a tiki bar set up but for the front room its going to be obviously different, or should it...I don't know... any ideas?
crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56

Replies

• How big is your living room?
  • pretty huge actually....its got a dining room connected but we all eat in the den together...
  • That’s good then. Try a mix of a sports and music theame one.
  • what does a music theme look like....I mean honestly It would be awesome to do a sports type theme....hubby with his steelers and me with my Cowboys and Dodgers!!
  • It depends on what your interested in. Examples disco, 70s,80s etc. That’ll be good if you have friends or family round
  • that would be awesome!!! Thanks!!
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    Are there any antique shops nearby? Sometimes you can find cool vintage stuff!
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    How big is your living room?
    That would make a good thread.

• pretty huge actually....its got a dining room connected but we all eat in the den together...
    So...living room + dining room + den = one huge room?

....I don't have 2 of those rooms....

moxxee wrote: »
    Haha. How about a general "How big is your X?" thread? ;)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • it is pretty huge....it goes living room or front room we call it, which is connected to the dining room then between the dining room and the den is a kitchen...so kind of L'shaped....I guess...
  • moxxee wrote: »
    Are there any antique shops nearby? Sometimes you can find cool vintage stuff!

yeah there are some antique shops around, I completely forgot cause they would actually have some awesome stuff!!!
  • Sound like you have space for 3 bars :D
  • moxxee wrote: »
    Well if you want you can make that thread.
  • Visit your local trophy store, they will have all sorts of display stuff nicely framed up and ready to hang! Sports and music and whatever else is popular in your area!
  • Use google for some ideas or why not go to some bars for Inspiration.
  • That sounds fun, Rhi! Pinterest might have some ideas if you like do it yourself type projects!
  • Use google for some ideas or why not go to some bars for Inspiration.

This sounds like the best idea! Maybe take some pictures of ones you like (ask the bartender first) - I find my memory of them fades after a little while. :D
  • hubby and I were talking about it last night, were going to rip up the carpet in the living room for it... im just trying to decide how big I want it!! were going to pull up the carpet in the living room and tile it.... we were also making jokes that if I actually quit drinking for a month we would actually have the money to get it done before the end of the year... that was kind of a sobering moment realizing how much you spend drinking.... 0_0
  • Even better than antique shops? Charity thrift stores. I find the church run ones can be particular gold mines for cool stuff, Rhi.

And for theme? I have to expect some sweet vintage 90s metal/hard rock stuff!
  • tommy1724 wrote: »
    Even better than antique shops? Charity thrift stores. I find the church run ones can be particular gold mines for cool stuff, Rhi.

And for theme? I have to expect some sweet vintage 90s metal/hard rock stuff!

There isn't a LOVE button!! but that would be perfect!!!! one of my old roomates was also suppose to help me out with it and he said there was a really neat suggestion of a table top covered in Beer bottle caps, I think that would be awesome!!!!