EA Forums - Banner

Speculation on EA's May calendar

Prev13
OK, we know of only two things for certain, the rest is pure speculation.

OK, we know sometime in the next week, maybe Thursday, the new episode tie-in with Moe will launch. This will be as WD prepares to wrap on the 9th. Safe to assume the episode tie-in will go inactive on Monday, the 6th.

Mother's Day is on Sunday, May 12. We have been speculating we might see Agnes and the Skinner House as a Mother's Day release, but so close on the heels of the tie-in and fearing Wacking Day burnout, I wonder if that is even in EA's cards at this point.

Looking ahead a bit, purely guesswork, we know the Squidport and its shops are in the files. I wonder if EA might not flip the switch on Thursday the 23rd, the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend. With the long holiday and it being the traditional start of summer, you would think a live date of around then would make sense.

What say you all?

That all sounds well-reasoned, and logical. :thumbup: We'll see what happens all in good time. :wink:

Replies

• paves4
    222 posts
    edited April 2013
    how can something go inactive before it is even active?

i dare you to make less sense.
  • mattperiolat
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    paves4 wrote:

Ah, the active date for the tie-in is either this Wednesday or Thursday with it being turned off by Monday the 6th. Clearer for you?
  • paves4
    222 posts
    edited April 2013
    well then, i agree with you 100% that it is all speculation and guesswork.
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    paves4 wrote:

chandler-bing.jpg?w=500

Lol, reminds me of Chandler :lol:
  • mattperiolat
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    paves4 wrote:
    well then, i agree with you 100% that it is all speculation and guesswork.

Well, accepting the end date for Wacking Day and we know the tie-in will go active this week ahead of the new episode on Sunday. The rest is the guessing, depending on if EA feels the audience can sustain new content (or afford it) for a prolonged period.
  • joeherman2012
    100 posts
    edited April 2013
    What's ur thought on squidport, is it going to be limited time or permanent?
  • mattperiolat
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2013

Permanent. Way too much content (six shops!) plus the boardwalk decor as well as the Sea Captain and his Houseboat to be anything but a major addition. Besides, they would not do an LE event so soon after WD, would they?

If so, pray... For... Wallets.
  • joeherman2012
    100 posts
    edited April 2013

Permanent. Way too much content (six shops!) plus the boardwalk decor as well as the Sea Captain and his Houseboat to be anything but a major addition. Besides, they would not do an LE event so soon after WD, would they?

No kidding! My town is in such need of remodel I dont think I could handle another le. Land must buy land
  • mattperiolat
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2013

No kidding! My town is in such need of remodel I dont think I could handle another le. Land must buy land

I actually got a nice cheap block of land laid out due south of my Little Europe section of town. If you consider 35,000 a pop cheap of course. Anyway, hoping two blocks will cover all that is coming in when it comes.
  • joeherman2012
    100 posts
    edited April 2013

I actually got a nice cheap block of land laid out due south of my Little Europe section of town. If you consider 35,000 a pop cheap of course. Anyway, hoping two blocks will cover all that is coming in when it comes.

What's killing me land wise is the rework of the quest lines getting new buildings quicker then I can get the cash to buy them or the needed land
  • mattperiolat
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2013

What's killing me land wise is the rework of the quest lines getting new buildings quicker then I can get the cash to buy them or the needed land

Oh Lord, yes, that was a problem for me too in trying to build the hospital and Burns Manor earlier this years. Add to that the cost of land and it's murder. The prices on buildings may drop over time but until they start reducing land values, we're going to have to be very selective about what we buy.

My way of saying 'cut land prices, EA, you're killing us.' Especially if you have no premiums to boost your income.
  • CounterSniper67
    439 posts
    edited April 2013
    If experience with other freemium games and their events are an indicator they tend to accelerate as time goes on coming closer and closer together.

I will guess that EA cares not a whit about whether people are burned out or not, they only want money.

You can also expect gambling aspects to increase like the cash scratchers and the events will likely move from social in nature to competitive in nature and people who can hack donuts or can afford to purchase them will have a distinct advantage.

I really hope I'm wrong but I've seen it before. Time will tell.
  • joeherman2012
    100 posts
    edited April 2013
    If experience with other freemium games and their events are an indicator they tend to accelerate as time goes on coming closer and closer together.

I will guess that EA cares not a whit about whether people are burned out or not, they only want money.

You can also expect gambling aspects to increase like the cash scratchers and the events will likely move from social in nature to competitive in nature and people who can hack donuts or can afford to purchase them will have a distinct advantage.

Espically with them bringing android on. Gotta get that cash!! I'd think the next few will be right on top of each other then start to space them out again.
  • mattperiolat
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2013

Espically with them bringing android on. Gotta get that cash!! I'd think the next few will be right on top of each other then start to space them out again.

Also remember we're heading into summer and lots of people with free time and disposable incomes. We know at least Kamp Krusty decor is in the files, so maybe something coming there. But, yeah, safe to say events every month between now and August. Perhaps a Wacking Day/Halloween/Christmas/Valentine style event in July.
  • pinklittlebirdie
    867 posts Member
    edited April 2013

Also remember we're heading into summer and lots of people with free time and disposable incomes. We know at least Kamp Krusty decor is in the files, so maybe something coming there. But, yeah, safe to say events every month between now and August. Perhaps a Wacking Day/Halloween/Christmas/Valentine style event in July.

In Australia it's heading into winter and our winters are milder than USA... so we aren't stuck indoors as much. (no snow in urban centres or anywhere but the mountains)
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited April 2013

In Australia it's heading into winter and our winters are milder than USA... so we aren't stuck indoors as much. (no snow in urban centres or anywhere but the mountains)

So?

(also don't get me started on Australian winter)
  • robertnbrand
    654 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I'm excited I'm ready for some more new stuff again I love it keep it coming :mrgreen:
  • FrinksIntern
    282 posts
    edited April 2013
    The 23rd seems so soon after whacking day... If this is an event I'm not sure if I will do it...

Oh, who am I kidding of course I will :mrgreen:

tumblr_l4doifyr5r1qc073co1_400.gif
  • mattperiolat
    676 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    The 23rd seems so soon after whacking day... If this is an event I'm not sure if I will do it...

Oh, who am I kidding of course I will :mrgreen:

tumblr_l4doifyr5r1qc073co1_400.gif

It's about two weeks after Wacking Day wraps. Plus we 'need' a major content update for May and the Squidport seems the most ready in the files so, stands to reason it's next.
  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited April 2013
    My guess is that in May we will get a level 29 update and in June, level 30. Squidport will come in July, and we will also see level 31 sometime in July.

I doubt EA will have 2 big events so close together. My guess is they spread them out like Halloween to Christmas type thing.

Of course, during May/June we could see other smaller updates like episode tie ins etc.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.