EA Forums - Banner

Invasive kitten...

some of you may know cats keep adopting us their humans... starting with Fatty who apparently wasn't fat just pregnant... but when she adopted us I felt bad cause it was sleeping in our plastic bags outside so I made a bed for it out there, fatty stayed and brought us her first kitten which hubby named Pastrami....Fatty got pregnant again but had the other kittens somewhere else... We were happy she only brought us one kitten.... cant afford too many of them.... well just recently one of her other kittens followed her back over here.... Fatty doesn't seem to have the same attachment as she did with Pastrami... I named the new kitten Lector.... well Pastrami has just been curious about the kitten and just sniffing it, but this kitten screams and yowls at Pastrami a lot...Lector took over the bed for the other 2 cats, and eats all of the food....we set out 2 bowls for Pastrami and Fatty.... and Lector goes over there growls at Pastrami if Pastrami gets near and eats the food out of both bowls... its just an all over pain in the ****!! well hubby is thinking about going to the SPCA to get a cat trap for it and take it to them cause I cant afford to feed all 4 cats...we have a cat that lives in the house...its my husbands nieces cat but it seems hes going to be our forever cat... Do you think anyone would actually take a Lector home? or do you think a cat like that could ever be domesticated...?
crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56

Replies

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I just watched a show about feral cats that were taken to the humane society. They found that many of them were unable to be domesticated but some are able. Most of the time they will needs lots of socialization to be able to take them home. They generally need somebody that is willing to deal with a special needs situation.
  • I think the cat is trying to show who’s boss. Has it started attacking the others ? If it does this then think of getting rid. But if you can’t afford to keep it then get rid but tell whom ever takes it about it’s behaviour problems.
  • I think the first night It was here it attacked Pastrami....I think pastrami got the best of it though so now it just yowls at Pastrami and eats all the food... if it allowed Pastrami to eat I wouldn't have a problem with it but it doesn't let him eat at all.... and I just don't have that kind of money to be spending on food for it...
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    meinaz wrote: »
    I just watched a show about feral cats that were taken to the humane society. They found that many of them were unable to be domesticated but some are able. Most of the time they will needs lots of socialization to be able to take them home. They generally need somebody that is willing to deal with a special needs situation.

I believe that if housecats were any bigger, they would try to eat us.
  • im pretty sure they would...!! Lector, Pastrami and Fatty are all three outside cats though... we only have one cat inside...
  • I think the first night It was here it attacked Pastrami....I think pastrami got the best of it though so now it just yowls at Pastrami and eats all the food... if it allowed Pastrami to eat I wouldn't have a problem with it but it doesn't let him eat at all.... and I just don't have that kind of money to be spending on food for it...
    Have you got time to train the cat to behave or not? If not then I think it’s best let the cat go. Take it to your local centre and tell them your situation and it’s behaviour problem. They will take the cat in and sort out the behaviour problem then rehome it.
  • lol the funny thing is, im allergic to cats, so all in all I stay away from them, hence why I decided to build the bar inside instead of out in the back patio, Fatty has adopted me specifically and I go outside and sit down, she automatically gets in my lap...

but the cat is still uncomfortable with people and will run if my husband goes out to feed it... so I don't think hes going to be able to train it....
  • lol the funny thing is, im allergic to cats, so all in all I stay away from them, hence why I decided to build the bar inside instead of out in the back patio, Fatty has adopted me specifically and I go outside and sit down, she automatically gets in my lap...

but the cat is still uncomfortable with people and will run if my husband goes out to feed it... so I don't think hes going to be able to train it....
    Ah ok then. I would give it to the centre unless you have friends or another family member who wants to take it then you can still see the cat.