EA Forums - Banner

>who is best robot ever?

Replies

• 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Hetty is my personal Hoover. Here's the whole family... mine is the pink one <3

BpxMlsj.jpg

Oh my gosh! These are soooo cute! I want a pink one too! :love:

She really knows how to clean too! Love my Hetty <3
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Thanks, @simp7fan!
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

BpxMlsj.jpg

I kind of want them all. Not sure what I would do with that many vacuums but I don't feel like you can separate the family.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    0Brooders0 wrote: »

BpxMlsj.jpg

I kind of want them all. Not sure what I would do with that many vacuums but I don't feel like you can separate the family.

I did have Henry to start with. He lasted nearly 20 years! They are very robust :)
  • tenor.gif?itemid=5600422
    what about this guy
  • I agree! Love Arnie <3
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    dayofhonor034.jpg
  • No cyborgs...
  • No cyborgs...
    Not even hot ones?
    Awww c'mon KB :D

• No cyborgs...
    Not even hot ones?

Are Data and 7 of 9 Cyborgs?
  • I'd say Data is an android and 7 is a cyborg. I may be wrong.
    Oh Also EVE!
    latest?cb=20140429123418

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    No cyborgs...
    Not even hot ones?

Data was an always described in the series as an android rather than a robot. 7 of 9 was (I think) a cyborg (i.e., a being with both organic and biomechatronic body parts).
  • No cyborgs...
    Not even hot ones?

Data was an always described in the series as an android rather than a robot. 7 of 9 was (I think) a cyborg (i.e., a being with both organic and biomechatronic body parts).

I believe robot is the generic term. Both androids and cyborgs fall within the robot category. I could be wrong. Just saying... :)
  • What temperature is your cyborg?
  • No cyborgs...

Not even hot ones?

Here are some 7 of 9 factoids about her catsuit. (Star Trek fans are no doubt already familiar with these.) The suit was so tight it made breathing very difficult for Ryan. Bathroom breaks required removing the suit which essentially shut down production for about 20 minutes. Turning her head caused the collar to press against her carotid, which in turn caused her to lose consciousness a couple of times.

Yikes!

• meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    No cyborgs...
    Not even hot ones?

I believe robot is the generic term. Both androids and cyborgs fall within the robot category. I could be wrong. Just saying... :)

I think you are right at least with androids. Not sure about cyborgs. I prefer not to count either.
  • No cyborgs...

Not even hot ones?

Here are some 7 of 9 factoids about her catsuit. (Star Trek fans are no doubt already familiar with these.) The suit was so tight it made breathing very difficult for Ryan. Bathroom breaks required removing the suit which essentially shut down production for about 20 minutes. Turning her head caused the collar to press against her carotid, which in turn caused her to lose consciousness a couple of times.

Yikes!

Ouch.

I imagine Anthony Daniels has similar issues.

Kenny looks pretty happy though, they could have put a little toilet and mini bar inside R2 for him.

Kenny_Baker-1.jpg

• meinaz wrote: »
    No cyborgs...
    Not even hot ones?

I think you are right at least with androids. Not sure about cyborgs. I prefer not to count either.

I think @meinaz is right; i.e., “robot” is an umbrella term that incorporates “android”. But I don’t think “cyborg” is necessarily subsumed under the concept of “robot”.

• The robot from Lost in Space
    Walle
    Marvin from Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
  • No cyborgs...

Not even hot ones?

Yikes!

Ouch.

I imagine Anthony Daniels has similar issues.

Kenny looks pretty happy though, they could have put a little toilet and mini bar inside R2 for him.

Kenny_Baker-1.jpg

I think both actors commented in interviews about how uncomfortably hot the suits could get (especially when they were filming in North Africa). On a side note, the two actors pretty much despise one another.