EA Forums - Banner

Not Compatible With This Device

Prev1
Been playing TSTO on a Samsung Galaxy S8 since the phone came out. Today it wants to download an update, but the Play Store says the device is not compatible.

The game is not compatible with a Galaxy S8?
How can that be unless someone introduced a bug in the latest update and didn't test it with one of the most popular phones out there.
I cannot even uninstall the game and reinstall it.
Please release a patch right away, and I would appreciate some time compensation to complete the new quest since I am unable to get started.
Thank you,

Replies

• You'll need to contact EA about this directly.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/discussion/80732/how-to-contact-ea-directly/

And forget about any “time compensation”. That’s never gonna happen.

• hi have had the same issue with my Samsung S7. i contacted EA and they said to post it here to help find a solution. my phone's system is up to date with no pending updates. the game is not showing up to dl/update in the app store search. if i google search the app and click on the link that shows up the store app says not compatible with this device. is it something in my settings. EA support were aware of this issue but other than posting here had little to offer. please help!
  • Just happened to me on my HTC m9 hopefully this fixes itself.
  • Same for me on a galaxy S8...
    Luckily I also have my company Iphone 5s... it updated the game without issues.
  • Same issue here on s7 edge! Not showing up in google play. Hopefully fixed soon.
  • Same here. Galaxy s7 edge: device is not compatible. Luckily I have an old Galaxy S5 where the app works without any problems.
  • Got this email back.

"Please let me share that we have been receiving similar kind of contacts from other players as well. As I have been recently intimated by our developers are working hard to fix the problem in timely manner. We request some time to get the issue fixed.

I believe it will get fix soon."
  • Hi guys I managed to fix it myself all I did was open settings, apps, google play store, delete updates. This resets the store just open it back up and it was there ready to update.

Hope this helps.
  • geramartin264
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Have a galaxy S7 edge not able to reinstall the game. Says device is not compatible with this version. Tried everything but a factory reset. Please fix this ASAP!
    Post edited by geramartin264 on
  • Have a galaxy S7 edge not able to reinstall the game. Says device is not compatible with this version. Tried everything but a factory reset. Please fix this ASAP!

This is a user’s forum. We can commiserate with you, but this really isn’t the sort of problem we can help you solve.

• I have the same problem. Been in contact with ea but as of yet no joy. Tried everything they suggested. Nothing worked. I'm playing on a Samsung s7. The only way I've been able to carry on playing is to download it from elsewhere and not Google play. I had to do this for the last few event updates. Its the only way ive found so far.
  • Add me to the list also. Samsung S7; Android 7.0. I tried the whole clear Google Play data to no avail. EA help was a joke.
  • I had same issue with Galaxy S8 -Device not compatible after Halloween 2017 was done. Went so far to uninstall the game. Was able to solve after contacting EA Support. Appears to be a display issue. Make sure you know your Google Account sign in info before proceeding
    -Changed Display setting ->Settings->Display->Resolution -- changed from HD+ (1480x720) to WQHD+ (2960x1440)
    -Sign out of Google Account ->Settings->Accounts->Google -- tap 3 dots in top right corner and choose Remove Account
    -Clear Data from Play Store ->Settings->Apps->Google Play Store->Storage -- They had me "Clear Data" but may want to try to "Clear Cache"
    -Open Google Play Store and sign back into your Google account, then search for Simpsons Tapped Out.
    Good luck
  • gooats wrote: »
    -Changed Display setting ->Settings->Display->Resolution -- changed from HD+ (1480x720) to WQHD+ (2960x1440)

I knew it had to be something simple, weirdest thing but it did work, all I had to do was change the resolution and restart. Thanks
  • Yeah I have an S8 and how the hell is it not compatible with the top of the range phone??? It's been like this since the end of the Halloween event. And this isn't the first time it happened.
  • I have an HTC M9 and this has been happening as well since the end of the THOH event. I've been playing this game since its release and this is the first time this has happened. Hoping this gets fixed before the Christmas event.
  • gooats wrote: »
    -Sign out of Google Account ->Settings->Accounts->Google -- tap 3 dots in top right corner and choose Remove Account
    -Clear Data from Play Store ->Settings->Apps->Google Play Store->Storage -- They had me "Clear Data"

Thank you. It works :)
  • None of the usual stuff worked for me. I saw that the christmas update just happened so I thought I'd try again. But alas, it still was not there, so I thought I should try something else. I uninstalled the Google Play updates and restored the Store back to factory settings and that worked.