EA Forums - Banner

Its almost that time of the year!

Prev1
E358980_C_B7_BE_42_BE_A89_B_AFBA7_E7_E48_F8.png

Here’s to hoping for an on-theme, box standard Christmas event involving multiple groups of characters and a chance to make this area look half decent.

Replies

• I remain skeptical (as always) but I sincerely hope you get what you're hoping for.
  • Free The Grumple. :D
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking :)
  • FREE THE GRUMPLE!!!! :) :) :) :D :D :D
  • Me too. My first Christmas event was last year, so I'm hoping for a 'proper' Christmas event.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Last year wasn't a Christmas event. It was a winter event 2012 was the only year that it was officially a Christmas event. 2013 was a Holiday event. 2014 and on have been Winter events. I do expect that it will be more traditional this year, but it hasn't been advertised as a Christmas event in 5 years.
  • TheJuiceLoosener
    2353 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    meinaz wrote: »
    Last year wasn't a Christmas event. It was a winter event 2012 was the only year that it was officially a Christmas event. 2013 was a Holiday event. 2014 and on have been Winter events. I do expect that it will be more traditional this year, but it hasn't been advertised as a Christmas event in 5 years.

Taco Bell isn't advertised as a laxative but that doesn't mean it isn't. Whether EA wants to label it Christmas, Holiday, Winter or something else, players know a Christmas event when they play it.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member

Taco Bell isn't advertised as a laxative but that doesn't mean it isn't. Whether EA wants to label it Christmas, Holiday, Winter or something else, players know a Christmas event when they play it.

Winter doesn't automatically imply Christmas. There are plenty of people that don't celebrate Christmas. If they want to give us a Christmas event, I am fine with that. If the event is something else involving winter, I am good with that as well. People shouldn't automatically expect it to be Christmas just because they celebrate Christmas.
  • meinaz wrote: »

Winter doesn't automatically imply Christmas. There are plenty of people that don't celebrate Christmas. If they want to give us a Christmas event, I am fine with that. If the event is something else involving winter, I am good with that as well. People shouldn't automatically expect it to be Christmas just because they celebrate Christmas.

I agree with you about expectations but your post was about how they have been labeling (or advertising, as you said) these end of year events. My point was simply that regardless of what they name it, players will be able to easily discern for themselves whether or not they're playing through a Christmas event by the game's content.
  • meinaz wrote: »

No but Christmas was a heavy theme in those past events.
  • doh1886 wrote: »

No but Christmas was a heavy theme in those past events.

Which is fine since Christmas is part of winter. So are lots of other things. If they had a pagan event advertised as a Christmas event, then I could understand the outrage.

@TheJuiceLoosener I didn't read your original response correctly. I agree with what you said.
  • liamchandler
    543 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Castiel19x wrote: »
    Free The Grumple. :D

5527_BFD2_30_FD_4_EBD_BBE0_B8_E572047_****2.png

Maybe some developer will take the hint..
  • As long as the Grumple returns, I don't care if it's an all-Pagan event.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • also hoping for a more Christmas themed event this year
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • What makes it even better is I have Brandine giving birth to a Spuckler on Christmas Day.
  • TheJuiceLoosener
    2353 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Everyone is clamoring for the Grumple to return but no one seems to care about poor Zutroy. He hasn't appeared in years.
  • Everyone is clamoring for the Grumple to return but no one seems to care about poor Zutroy. He hasn't appeared in years.

Who?
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    Everyone is clamoring for the Grumple to return but no one seems to care about poor Zutroy. He hasn't appeared in years.

Who?

Illegal immigrant plant worker (or "undocumented" if one wishes to be PC about it). First appearance was in Last Temptation of Homer (1993) and was last available in the game during the Christmas 2014 event.
    latest?cb=20141211003752

• I want the snow. I always spend a lot of time looking at my snow filled town. Please let it snow!
  • The year we gave presents to each other had the ugliest Christmas tree ever (although it was called a “Present Depot”. It still generates cash and xp but I hide it. It was also exhausting keeping track of who gave me presents so I could reciprocate. Then there was that wheel...
  • bluntcard wrote: »

Who?

Illegal immigrant plant worker (or "undocumented" if one wishes to be PC about it). First appearance was in Last Temptation of Homer (1993) and was last available in the game during the Christmas 2014 event.
    latest?cb=20141211003752
    He's already in the game, I got him. But when they first released him he was really glitchy I guess for some people. I never had any issues with him....

As for the Grumple....**** are you guys talking about? I have him every year because he's in my storage. Do you guys forget you put him in there or what is the deal with this????
    ~Always be Designing~