EA Forums - Banner

Eggs LOST IN CYBERSPACE?!... :( GOing from iOS to Android. What happened here??

Replies

• beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I suspect a server timeout was more likley the cause. If you are going to leave large batches its probably better to leave 50, then leave the town and re-enter to leave another 50, that way theres moe syncs going on and less chance of losing large batches. As for getting them back, I think thats about as likley as gettinga donut from an egg.
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Your expecting it swapping device, it's like walking from South Korea to North Korea, something's going to go wrong.
  • glowvicious
    135 posts
    edited May 2013
    Happened to me too yesterday :( 50 eggs didn't make it to my buddy. Its pretty common happened now, I hope they fixed it or at least give us a warning because collecting eggs become quite hard. 10 towns and i can only collect 8 eggs.
  • Linky2g
    665 posts
    edited May 2013
    if both of you add me i'll make up the difference on both ends egg wise. give you both a bunch.

idrc i dont need them i have like 4000 or so.

just pm me usernames so i know who to accept.
  • Linky2g
    665 posts
    edited May 2013
    idk how many i gave you i didnt keep count. stopped when i got a headache.
  • GouldEA
    26 posts
    edited May 2013
    dominic115 wrote:
    Your expecting it swapping device, it's like walking from South Korea to North Korea, something's going to go wrong.

Ahahah
  • Adnamay
    41 posts
    edited May 2013
    spoonmanx wrote:
    So, an egg pal and I have been sending eggs back and forth for about a week now and we upped it to 200 eggs,
    I reciprocated back with 250 eggs. Since it was the largest transfer so far I decided to take screenshots (just in case)

I left the 150 first:
    http://www.videogameobsession.com/photodump/matt/4-30-13_630amPST_150eggs_to_Dalberts57.png

Then the 100 here:
    http://www.videogameobsession.com/photodump/matt/4-30-13_630amPST_100eggs_to_Dalberts57.png

She said she didn't receive any of them. I do believe her since everything has been perfectly smooth up until this.

I think she also mentioned something about some people having issues when trading between Android and iOS versions of STO.

Has anyone heard of this happening and does anyone have any ideas on how get the 250 lost eggs?

I am still quite a ways from getting all of the prizes and this was a big loss.

Thanks,
    spoonmanx

I know in one instance is was iOs to iOS where eggs were lost. I'm not sure about what device glowvicious uses (I'm the person that didn't receive the 50 eggs). I also had another trade where I got 183 of 200.

I think it really comes down to the server syncing; as Neo said in the other thread. It's a big pain in the * either way.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited May 2013
    Linky2g wrote:
    idk how many i gave you i didnt keep count. stopped when i got a headache.

It showed 180 eggs were added . Thanks again!
    It's very cool of you to help ease the pain of the mysterious missing eggs.

Sorry it gave you a headache. I wish there was an auto egg dumper tool where you could leave a basket with a set number. I'd buy that for some donuts.

By the way, the egg buddy is Dalberts57. I sent her a PM letting her know to add you. So please keep an eye outZ
    Thanks!
  • Gamer260
    21 posts
    edited May 2013
    I have had a simular event like your having only I am not swapping devices I am just staying on 1 unit but I been having eggs/snakes constantly vanish to the point I am so far behind on even having a chance to complete this event. Of course you try to contact EA about this and its just like my snakes/eggs its gone into the void never to be seen again. Im roughly 3k behind where I should be due to stuff vanishing and I feel like I keep losing more as each day goes by. I have not seen any eggs in my city in like 4 days now and I am not sure if its from people not leaving them or they are just being eatten in this void.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited May 2013
    Gamer260 wrote:
    I have had a simular event like your having only I am not swapping devices I am just staying on 1 unit

I'm staying on one system as well. I only play on the iPod Touch 4th gen. The person I was trading eggs with is on an Android device.

Anyway, I tried the new method of leaving smaller amounts, then going back to my Springfield before leaving more and that didn't work either apparently. :(
    I started leaving the first 25 eggs I received a server disconnect notice from EA so those were probably lost right away.

When I went back to her town they didn't show so I started over...

I dropped 50 eggs in her town, left to go back to my Springfield, then back again to make sure they stick and they did.
    http://www.videogameobsession.com/photodump/matt/5-01-13_125PST_50eggs_to_Dalberts57.png

So I left 50 more and repeated
    http://www.videogameobsession.com/photodump/matt/5-01-13_125PST_50more_eggs_to_Dalberts57.png

And now she didn't receive ANY of those!! Argh... We are both fed up with the game and no closer to getting the prizes.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.