EA Forums - Banner

Chrismas bonus

fastshadow2
5466 posts Member
edited November 2017
Do you get one? What do you do with it? Save or spend? I work part time for a business that is handing them out tomorrow B) . It’s nice that we get them early so people can use them for gifts or travel. My kid wants a tablet, so mine is gone before i get it this year :D
fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish

Replies

• Nope.
  • Nope me neither
  • Nope.
    But I work in health, which isn't exactly a bonus type of field.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    No bonuses in education, but I may get some gifts or gift cards from students.
  • meinaz wrote: »

Well, not to disappoint you, but you will not be getting a “World’s greatest teacher” mug. I was already awarded that last June, and am sure the term of office is at least one year.
  • My bonus is I actually get to be off on Christmas.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    tommy1724 wrote: »
    meinaz wrote: »

Well, not to disappoint you, but you will not be getting a “World’s greatest teacher” mug. I was already awarded that last June, and am sure the term of office is at least one year.

Good to know. I prefer the mug a couple of my students made in ceramics for me. It is a replica of a beaker.
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Educators definitely deserve a big bonus, especially with the way many kids act, how much time and effort you all give to your communities, and not to mention your personal $ just to get by in the classrooms. I get a $25 visa card every year to my kid to give to her teachers as gift of appreciation for the care and hard work they all do. It is one of those careers i couldn’t do
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    My bonus is I actually get to be off on Christmas.
    it is definitely nice to be off but i used to deliver pizzas during and right outta high school and it was the best $ making night of the year. Usually a $1-$2 tip back then became $5-$10 tips depending on the size of the order, so that made a nice little bonus.
    I also do feel bad for the people that have to work Thanksgiving so big companies can make more profit that usually doesn’t benefit the typical workers

• What's a bonus? :D

Where I work now, the owners are tightwads :D

A friend of mine works for a local oil company. He gets a $2500.00 bonus every year at Christmas.
  • My bonus is I actually get to be off on Christmas.
    it is definitely nice to be off but i used to deliver pizzas during and right outta high school and it was the best $ making night of the year. Usually a $1-$2 tip back then became $5-$10 tips depending on the size of the order, so that made a nice little bonus.
    I also do feel bad for the people that have to work Thanksgiving so big companies can make more profit that usually doesn’t benefit the typical workers

Yeah , I feel lucky because the people in the other plant where I work have to work on Thanksgiving.

A friend of mine works for a local oil company. He gets a $2500.00 bonus every year at Christmas.

Time for you to get a new job preferably one in the oil industry.

And wear cowboys hats and smoke cigars :)

And wear cowboys hats and smoke cigars :)
    That’s right pardner
  • yee haw
  • Yeah, I work in a UPVC (plastic for roofing) company that supplies the likes of fascia soffit gutter downpipe etc, I think last year we got around £50 which isn’t great but I’ll take it, it’ll pay for a new PS4 game I guess