EA Forums - Banner

Monorail

Just a suggestion that I think will make the monorail portion of the game better… it is slightly frustrating to collect garbage and recycle it yet not receieve the pieces needed to construct the perfect monorail. Perhaps EA could creat a feature where players could choose which piece they would like to craft...not sure about other players but this type of feature would most definitely increase my interest in this specific portion of the game

Replies

• rw228
    1054 posts Member
    And if not that then a trade in situation where we’re could exchange corners to get long straight tracks.
  • lelodlo wrote: »
    Just a suggestion that I think will make the monorail portion of the game better… it is slightly frustrating to collect garbage and recycle it yet not receieve the pieces needed to construct the perfect monorail. Perhaps EA could creat a feature where players could choose which piece they would like to craft...not sure about other players but this type of feature would most definitely increase my interest in this specific portion of the game

Welcome to the forums!
    panic.gif
  • It would make sense to me if you got around 2/3s straight pieces but they appear to have it the other way round.
  • Not disagreeing with anyone, I think you should be able to get far more straight pieces then any others. But here ie a little fooe for thought. Recently, fearing the dreaded item limit, I decided to store my entire monorail. I was quite surprised to see the numbers were a lot more even then I thought. Here are my totals:
    Long straight: 323
    90° Curve: 269
    S curve: 215
    Short straight: 346

Now who would need nearly as many curves as straight pieces? No one. I think the distribution needs some adjustment. The point I am making is its a lot closer to even then I realized.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • lelodlo wrote: »

First of all, welcome to the forum. Second, this particular suggestion (or a variant of it) has been repeatedly voiced by different users dating all the way back to the monrail’s first appearance in the game. Which is to say that while the suggestion seems to be both popular and sound, it would appear that EA is not in any rush to act on it.

• It took maybe 6 to 9 months, but eventually I got enough pieces to go all around the perimeter of Springfield. You will too.
  • It took maybe 6 to 9 months, but eventually I got enough pieces to go all around the perimeter of Springfield. You will too.

Exactly this. It's a slow project but the game is designed that way. SH and the monorail etc -- are meant to be long-running tasks; rather than something you can instantly build. I have more then enough of each type of track part now that it doesn't really matter to me anymore; you just need patience.

I doubt EA will make any changes here unless it involves i.e., a cost in donuts to trade parts. Even still, it's likely not worth it for them.
  • mchannyc
    91 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    alapalme wrote: »
    I doubt EA will make any changes here unless it involves i.e., a cost in donuts to trade parts. Even still, it's likely not worth it for them.

my 2 cents.
    like buying the yellow submersible which gives extra tiles; let us buy an item for donuts such as a "Monorail Blacksmith Building" which lets us convert track currency to other track currency (like the Heights Buildings)