EA Forums - Banner

Screen quality on Amazon Fire HD?

I am thinking about buying a Fire HD but have some doubts about the quality of the screen. To those of you who are playing on such a device: How is TSTO on the Fire HD compared to - let's say - an iPad?
Thanks for your help!

Replies

• Mines very good, I love my Kindle. Although I have no other tablet to compare it with.
  • What are your doubts? It's fine.
  • My doubts concern the resolution of the screen. I had the first iPad Mini (without Retina) and you could see the pixels heavily in TSTO when zooming in. Now I fear that with the Fire HD it might be similar...
  • Mine looks fine. I've got 3 devices and the resolution looks the same on all 3. My biggest complaint is that the 8 inch Fire is shorter than the 8 inch iPad Mini 2 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 because the Fire is widescreen.
    Then there's the "Where's the update for Fire? It's available for iOS and Android but not Fire!" irritation. The only way I can keep up with 3 games on 3 devices is to have them all doing the same thing at the same time, so if ONE of them doesn't have an update I can't update the other 2...
  • Yes that's the problem with Amazon and Kindle ... always the very last to update tsto. Could become frustrating. :/
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Yes that's the problem with Amazon and Kindle ... always the very last to update tsto. Could become frustrating. :/

Except that wasn't true with the recent Thanksgiving mini-event. iOS were going crazy because their update was last.
  • I play on one of the first Kindle fires and the image is great. No overt pixilation. And the newer models are even better.
    "Not my Shmoo!"
  • My Kindle Fire has the best resolution- I have an iPad an iPad mini and an iPhone. It’s also my only device right now that isn’t making me redownload the game constantly.