EA Forums - Banner

OT: Super Bowl

Prev1
Maybe wait a little closer to the start of the season. But if anything, Eagles.

Replies

• sammercer12
    368 posts
    edited May 2013
    Go Patriots
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited May 2013
    Giants at home well close to home in NJ for the fist time

Wouldn't that be a epic moment in history for the Giants to make it to the Super Bowl and at that the first Superbowl ever held Close to home.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • tjrfootball
    79 posts
    edited May 2013
    Im a Steelers fan but, there is a very good chance the 49ers win. They look to good right now to vote against them.
    Altough now they have to play against Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey twice a year. (I'm a Mountaineer fan)
  • sammercer12
    368 posts
    edited May 2013
    Im a Steelers fan but, there is a very good chance the 49ers win. They look to good right now to vote against them.
    Altough now they have to play against Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey twice a year. (I'm a Mountaineer fan)

I'm saying the Pats will go all the way this year they can get past the ravens hopefully and say the giants make it in I think they will beat them
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013

Wouldn't that be a epic moment in history for the Giants to make it to the Super Bowl and at that the first Superbowl ever held Close to home.

+1 million. Huge Giants fan!!!!!!!!!
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited May 2013

Jets vs. Giants in NJ... That would be epic! Not going to happen, but still...
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:

You wanna see REAL football watch the Australian NRL, they don't wear pads or helmets, bloody wimps these NFL players if you don't Beleive me watch this
  • sammercer12
    368 posts
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    chrisp530 wrote:

You wanna see REAL football watch the Australian NRL, they don't wear pads or helmets, bloody wimps these NFL players if you don't Beleive me watch this

At least in the NFL they don't wear short shorts :lol: just kidding
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Niners, end of discussion

Mods feel free to lock this thread now :P
  • tjrfootball
    79 posts
    edited May 2013

I'm saying the Pats will go all the way this year they can get past the ravens hopefully and say the giants make it in I think they will beat them

With losing Wes Welker to Free Agency I don't see it. Super bowl Broncos vs 49ers. Winner 49ers
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    chrisp530 wrote:

At least in the NFL they don't wear short shorts :lol:

They wear short shorts and tight tops so its harder to grab and tackle them
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited May 2013
    Rugby's cool, and at least in the US, they do show some 7's on TV. I wish they would show AFL (Australian rules football) around here.
  • sammercer12
    368 posts
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    chrisp530 wrote:

At least in the NFL they don't wear short shorts :lol:

They wear short shorts and tight tops so its harder to grab and tackle them

While pad pants and shoulder pad which actually makes it more dangerous by getting hit by them
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    How is that possible if you can't feel it, I mean you'll feel the force of impact but not the actual pain the blow itself brings
  • sammercer12
    368 posts
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    How is that possible if you can't feel it, I mean you'll feel the force of impact but not the actual pain the blow itself brings

I believe we will agree to disagree my Australian friend
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:

Never fails for an ignorant Rugby fan to harp on American Football talk.

The hits in the NFL are far more violent than in Rugby. If there was no protective gear and they used the same playing style there would be serious, life-threatening injuries every game. You also over-exaggerate the pads they wear. The main purpose they serve is to distribute local force across a greater surface area to prevent bone breaks. It's not like they are strapped with pillows. A lot of the material on those 'pads' is thin, hard plastic.

The athletes are faster and stronger, the game speed is faster and the rules for tackling are night and dthe ay.

As for the OP - Niners look like a good team going into next year to take it all. I'm a Philly fan, and believe they will bounce back with all that talent and time for continuity, but I'm not so sure they are a reasonable pick for the SB.
  • sammercer12
    368 posts
    edited May 2013
    kmendo88 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:

The hits in the NFL are far more violent than in Rugby. If there was no protective gear and they used the same playing style there would be serious, life-threatening injuries every game. You also over-exaggerate the pads they wear. The main purpose they serve is to distribute local force across a greater surface area to prevent bone breaks. It's not like they are strapped with pillows. A lot of the material on those 'pads' is thin, hard plastic.

The athletes are faster and stronger, the game speed is faster and the rules for tackling are night and day.

Exactly my point
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    kmendo88 wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:

The athletes are faster and stronger, the game speed is faster and the rules for tackling are night and dthe ay.

As for the OP - Niners look like a good team going into next year to take it all. I'm a Philly fan, and believe they will bounce back with all that talent and time for continuity, but I'm not so sure they are a reasonable pick for the SB.

The games speed faster what **** that is, after every tackle takes 10mimutes before you start again I literally fall asleep watching NFL,not only that you pinch our footy players for punters because they can kick alot further than your guys can.
  • sammercer12
    368 posts
    edited May 2013
    Rugby tackles are practically pushing
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Rugby tackles are practically pushing
    Mate even NFL players think our game is harder and faster,heaps of our footy players have gone to NFL not one has gone to rugby league, to scared probably. Honestly I don't mind NFL but I do think its not as hard as rugby or afl.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.