EA Forums - Banner

Next Seaonal Offering

Ugh, no thanks, there's enough of that nonsense in the real world.

No, the next seasonal update will be a Christmas one. Far more potential for extras and themes and whatnot.

While we're here, what are everyone's theories about what will happen at the end of October? I know it will no longer be possible to buy or achieve any of the Halloween tasks, characters or buildings, but I assume that we get to keep whatever ones we've already acquired? I notice that people still have that sports car which was a limited-time offer but it's no longer available for me to get, so I reckon it will work out much the same.

I'll miss egging and papering everyone else's towns though.

Replies

• Dallakyan
    9 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    Well, what about some kind of Thanksgiving update? Like small one for 2-3 weeks?
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    Thanksgiving isn't universal enough. It means nothing outside of the US (I'm in the UK for instance).
  • SlimHaydy1998
    144 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    So, if there is a Christmas theme, I reckon a character should be that cheapie guy, forgot his name, in a Santa outfit and one of those little evil care bear things from another episode as a character liked krusty doll and possibly a little bit for New Years. I don't know, just an idea
  • goughy999
    64 posts
    edited October 2012
    So, if there is a Christmas theme, I reckon a character should be that cheapie guy, forgot his name, in a Santa outfit and one of those little evil care bear things from another episode as a character liked krusty doll and possibly a little bit for New Years. I don't know, just an idea

Funzo! Yea I reckon your onto something with that.
    And maybe santas little helper could make an appearance.
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited October 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    Thanksgiving isn't universal enough. It means nothing outside of the US (I'm in the UK for instance).
    Same with Halloween. Maybe an Autumn update merged with Thanksgiving? And maybe exclusive for the US, Ralph for the Election that we all hate. Maybe the other regions could have a similar way..
  • Bhawks2012
    216 posts
    edited October 2012

Do you mean Gil in his Santa outfit? Also for the Christmas update, I'd like to see a shopping mall. So many quests can be done with that. And I second santas little helper. You could get him at the track, just like the episode.
  • SlimHaydy1998
    144 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    Yes, thanks for boosting my memory.i think Gil in a Santa outfit and the funzo toy that will kill us all xD
  • goughy999
    64 posts
    edited October 2012
    The tasks for gill could be endless, once Christmas is over he would be fired. And then his tasks could consist of getting jobs and getting fired.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    I'd wager the amount of work it must take to create a new theme is far too large to be able to do region-specific specials (let alone one every month) and it doesn't really make financial sense in the long run. Much more prudent to focus your efforts on single, global holidays that can be pushed out to everyone while still maintaining the main game and keeping it stable.

I don't know if any of you play Angry Birds Seasons, but I imagine it will work in much the same way as that app, sticking to the main holidays (we do celebrate Halloween in the UK by the way).
  • magpie187
    43 posts
    edited October 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:

Simpsons live in America and there have been several thanksgiving episodes. One of the best ones was when Bart ran away and had thanksgiving at the soup kitchen. It would be a perfect theme. It would also give other countries one more reason to hate the gluttonous USA :p
  • _drewblank23
    3 posts
    edited October 2012
    My real life friend Curt ( ToasTmebabe ) has a theory that on October 31st or November 1st, the black hole will just suck all the Halloween stuff into it forever. :( So... if this theory proves to be true, it will be a sad day for those superfan Springfieldians that bought lots of donuts, dollars, premiums, etc. But maybe they will just let us all store the stuff away for 364 days until next Halloween. :P

I personally haven't bought anything with actual money; not to boast or anything, I just don't have the money to spare at the moment. To me it makes sense that premiums are so pricey so EA can get some exclusive funds to make this particular game better. Kinda like donating...but to science.

On an alternative note, I had a strange dream a few nights back where I was visiting the Other Springfield and there was this Trading Post. When selected it would bring up a menu allowing you (1) to send a single item to a fellow player, and (2) purchase limited time premiums. It could be useful to someone. Not me. Cause its probably just a bad idea anyway.

Well...I guess that's all I have to say about that.

Happy Gaming to all!
  • emdacy
    80 posts
    edited October 2012
    I think it'd be cool if the Mayan god got real big and stomped all the Halloween stuff, smashing pumpkins, then the black hole sucked up all the debris.
  • toddt888
    15 posts
    edited October 2012
    magpie187 wrote:
    sonny1618 wrote:

Simpsons live in America and there have been several thanksgiving episodes. One of the best ones was when Bart ran away and had thanksgiving at the soup kitchen. It would be a perfect theme. It would also give other countries one more reason to hate the gluttonous USA :p

Thanksgiving is certainly a possibility. It is celebrated in Canada as well, although we celebrate it in October and it is already passed

EA has recaptured a lot of momentum previously lost prior to the Aug. relaunch with the Otto/Kebapple update, and a very well done Halloween. If they don't do American Thanksgiving I expect there will be an update with new content along the lines of the Otto/Kebapple update.

Christmas is a lock for sure. Given that the very first episode was a Christmas episode, and how much content they drew from the fiest Halloween episode, I expect we will see Barney and Santas Little Helper.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if they do something for Thanksgiving. It might not be on the scale of the Halloween event or possibly Xmas, but those two holidays have been staples of The Simpsons since the show came on the air as it's own sitcom.

I suspect we could see a smaller content update, rather than a full blown event, for TG. Maybe a couple buildings, characters, and some decoration.

As for the holiday not being universal, I don't think that matters. This game is always going to be US-centric, as the show is.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    @drew: Gifting premium items and donuts to friends seems like an obvious addition, I wouldn't be surprised if it popped up.
  • cheesypasta1
    698 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    can't wait to see what they will do if the have a christmas update though i think a tiny thanksgiving bit will happen before it and they will do a tiny bit alsowhen the 4th of July comes around (George Bush sr anyone) :D
  • nandireya
    20 posts
    edited October 2012
    I doubt we'll see a Thanksgiving update. Not because of the whole Americanness of it, or the fact that it doesn't feature as prominently in the show as Halloween and Christmas...but...well...how many tasks can actually be associated with it?

Halloween, we've had all the costumes and the tasks associated with them. The trick or treating, that we even get to be a part of. Bonus characters that really only make an appearance during the season. What can Thanksgiving really offer? Turkey dinners (with Lisa complaining about them) and family get togethers. Obviously, I'm not a US native, so fell free to make other suggestions...

But Christmas? That could see a huge update with snow all over the place, maybe even continually falling from the sky, caroling (maybe we'll see Rod and Todd for that), snowball fights (we can plaster our friends homes when we visit their worlds), snowman building, shopping, decorating...Maggie in her star suit...Homer in his Mr Plow jacket... the Santa's Little Helper storyline...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.