EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #16: CHRISTMAS 2017: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT II

Prev1345
AOFIGO009
1306 posts Member
edited December 2017
It’s CHRIIIIIIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Holidays everybody and Happy New Year!! I’m looking forward to this event purely because it’s Christmas and I’m excited for Christmas!! Let’s celebrate by collecting loads of Event Currency, probably do some crafting, hurt our eyes on the bright snow that we’re not used to and complain about it, then hurt our eyes on the lush green grass when the event is over and complain about it!!!

Once again, this is the place for all your hints, tips, tricks and maths, so if you have anything to offer, please let me know by posting it here, and if I think it’s important enough I’ll add it to the front page and cite you as the source. :)

Good luck everybody!!

Important Notes
Please be aware, that for most events, after the update, the Donut Confirmation option in the game settings change, meaning you may spend donuts when you don't want to, because the option has changed and you pressed the wrong button-not something you should be penalised for. Muhsterino has provided a thread showing you how to check this. It's the first part hidden by "Spoiler": https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-new-players/p1?new=1
This is also a brilliant thread anyway that Muhsterino has alerted me to for this message, that I think can be equally useful for long-term players as well as the new players it's "marketed" to.

Christmas Event Dates
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/180715/the-invasion-before-christmas-event-dates#latest

Event Calendar
https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/180700/the-invasion-before-christmas-event-calendar#latest
Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
Post edited by AOFIGO009 on

Replies

• AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    We’re still trying to confirm numbers on how many Robo-Funzos we can have in our Springfield at any one time. So far the prevailing theory is that the base number is 20, with a bank of possibly 60. One Robo-Funzo spawns every 18 or 20 minutes. The files suggest 18, player feedback suggests 20 minutes.

NEVER MISS A ROBO-FUNZO WITH A ROBO-FUNZO FINDER BUTTON IN THE TOP RIGHT OF THE SCREEN!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!

In the Re-Gifting Machine game:

Straight-out losing / exiting won me 25 Rigellian Batteries and 7 Wrapping Paper.
    Tapping one robo-funzo but losing awarded the same amount of each plus 1 Magical 2x4.
    Winning by tapping 15 robo-funzo awarded me 75 Rigellian Batteries, 15 Magical 2x4, and 0 Wrapping Paper.

So that's 25 Rigellian Batteries for playing, and 50 more for winning. 1 Magical 2x4 for each robo-funzo tapped. And it looks like 7 Wrapping Paper only if you lose, I guess as a possible second try (half of what you need to play again). It doesn't matter how many seconds or how many hits you take. They aren't factored into the reward.

The top of the screen is the most susceptible to attack, so keep an eye on that. Might want to keep that part of the screen as just snow. I play in a field of snow, all white around.
    (Courtesy of Simp7fan)
    Post edited by AOFIGO009 on
  • Information Incoming......
  • Information Incoming......
  • I just discovered "holiday bazaar" section in the store
    13 item for me.
    interesting deals. with rebate. xmas/pagan stuff
    some is very good %

• Robo-funzo finder in top right. Kinda new feature.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Brabsel
    682 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I think your town is full with robo funzos with 30 of them. Not sure about the spawnrate. Initially I thought it was twenty minutes for one but after sleeping for eight hours my town was full already.

Edit: I forgot about the North pole building earning ten whatevertheyarecalled. That means it's only twenty robo funzos our town can hold and the spawn rate seems to be one every twenty minutes indeed.
    Post edited by Brabsel on
  • adruralo
    3277 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    When you visit your neighbour, the count for Riggilean batteries is inside your neighbours town bottom left, so easy to keep count of how many more batteries to collect.
    Previous event was on the outside.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • We still don't get credit for the last one, though. Only the first 29.
  • tonykzr wrote: »
    I just discovered "holiday bazaar" section in the store
    13 item for me.
    some is very good %
    Where??
  • lucajick wrote: »
    tonykzr wrote: »
    13 item for me.
    some is very good %
    Where??

It took me a while to figure out. In the store, on the page with all various icons. It’s the Christmasy icon in the lower right.
    13 item for me.
    some is very good %
    Where??

Go to the purchase screen, back all the way out of the holiday one so you can see every category, and the last icon will be a tent with candy canes. That's the holiday bazaar screen with snowmen and pagan fences for donuts.

It's confusing because the holiday icon is the UFO with Christmas decorations and the bazaar is the tent with Christmas decorations.

• adruralo wrote: »
    When you visit your neighbour, the count for Riggilean batteries is inside your neighbours town bottom left, so easy to keep count of how many more batteries to collect.
    Previous event was on the outside.
    barger9 wrote: »
    We still don't get credit for the last one, though. Only the first 29.

Also, tapping robo-funzos in neighbor towns doesn't count toward the count for the daily task "Clear Robo-Funzos".
  • I have done 3 parts of "The invasion is a soow joke pt.9", Missing the Construction site, and now nothing happens? That was a short lived event, I downloaded this morning. Or am I missing something?
  • EvaMohlin wrote: »
    I have done 3 parts of "The invasion is a soow joke pt.9", Missing the Construction site, and now nothing happens? That was a short lived event, I downloaded this morning. Or am I missing something?

The questline will continue when you get enough event currency to place the Construction Site down, and wait 4 hours. (It will apparently take 4 hours to build, like the upcoming Robo-Funzo Workshop.)
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.

• The questline will continue when you get enough event currency to place the Construction Site down, and wait 4 hours. (It will apparently take 4 hours to build, like the upcoming Robo-Funzo Workshop.)

Oh no... just grinding away then. I still haven't got to the no 2 price.

• EvaMohlin wrote: »

The questline will continue when you get enough event currency to place the Construction Site down, and wait 4 hours. (It will apparently take 4 hours to build, like the upcoming Robo-Funzo Workshop.)

I have a feeling that getting event currency will get a lot easier when the Workshop is placed and built.
    13 item for me.
    some is very good %
    Where??

Go to the purchase screen, back all the way out of the holiday one so you can see every category, and the last icon will be a tent with candy canes. That's the holiday bazaar screen with snowmen and pagan fences for donuts.

It's confusing because the holiday icon is the UFO with Christmas decorations and the bazaar is the tent with Christmas decorations.

One can also just swipe on the "Invasion Before Christmas" graphic in the store menu to reveal the Bazaar, Mystery Box, Vault, etc. Other than the subtle scroll bar at the bottom of the menu there's no indication one can swipe over to see more.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    EvaMohlin wrote: »

I have a feeling that getting event currency will get a lot easier when the Workshop is placed and built.

It isn't. I rushed everything with donuts and there is no other way to get currency except for robo-funzos and the wrapping paper game.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    EvaMohlin wrote: »

It isn't. I rushed everything with donuts and there is no other way to get currency except for robo-funzos and the wrapping paper game.

Bleh, that stinks. Looks like it's going to be a long slog through the grinding game.
  • In the Re-Gifting Machine game:

Straight-out losing / exiting won me 25 Rigellian Batteries and 7 Wrapping Paper.
    Tapping one robo-funzo but losing awarded the same amount of each plus 1 Magical 2x4.
    Winning by tapping 15 robo-funzo awarded me 75 Rigellian Batteries, 15 Magical 2x4, and 0 Wrapping Paper.

So that's 25 Rigellian Batteries for playing, and 50 more for winning. 1 Magical 2x4 for each robo-funzo tapped. And it looks like 7 Wrapping Paper only if you lose, I guess as a possible second try (half of what you need to play again). It doesn't matter how many seconds or how many hits you take. They aren't factored into the reward.

The top of the screen is the most susceptible to attack, so keep an eye on that. Might want to keep that part of the screen as just snow. I play in a field of snow, all white around. :)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.