EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #16: CHRISTMAS 2017: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT II

Replies

• Daily Challenges make a difference! I swapped one that was to collect funzos for a reward of 10 R. batteries and got the same challenge but with a reward of 450 batteries! Did this in all my games :)

I think the original reward would have been 10 Wrapping Paper or 10 2X4s, not batteries.

Yes, but either way it's better to swap out, unless you want the crafting currency.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • I bought Elf Lisa and Bart to earn event items. They have no jobs to do that earn event items? Anyone beside my husband and I having this problem?
  • I bought Elf Lisa and Bart to earn event items. They have no jobs to do that earn event items? Anyone beside my husband and I having this problem?
    this was posted in another thread:
    OK here's what I have so far for everyone:
    No new land so it was not forgotten.
    Bart and Lisa Elf are working as intended at the moment.
    I believe they will be used later in the event, possibly in act 2.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Is there a tip or hint anyone knows on how to find the fun is in other Springfield’s? It takes me so long to find them in each of my towns that I almost don’t want to do it. Plus they blend into concrete, etc. making them even more difficult to find. Appreciate any opinions/advice.
  • thump2 wrote: »
    Is there a tip or hint anyone knows on how to find the fun is in other Springfield’s? It takes me so long to find them in each of my towns that I almost don’t want to do it. Plus they blend into concrete, etc. making them even more difficult to find. Appreciate any opinions/advice.

It is hard, but I noticed that the Robo-Funzos are much easier to find in smaller neighbor towns. They do like to hover around roads or pavement, but they do pop if they spawn on river, dirt or grass/snow tiles.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Is it better to just tap and clear the funzos, as they appear, when playing the gift wrapping game or wait until more are on the screen. I just wondered if you wait until more are visible if they invade quicker so getting a better amount to tap and clear.
    I've tried both methods and often get a couple extra if I wait, but you do have to be careful not to wait too long.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I am not sure that it matters when you tap. I moved my Simpsons house into an area by itself and have been able to tap about 3-5 extra funzos each round.
  • Is it better to just tap and clear the funzos, as they appear, when playing the gift wrapping game or wait until more are on the screen. I just wondered if you wait until more are visible if they invade quicker so getting a better amount to tap and clear.
    I've tried both methods and often get a couple extra if I wait, but you do have to be careful not to wait too long.

On my tablet I use 3 fingers on each hand to rapidly "type" all over the screen and I usually get 21 or 22 robofunzos. 23 is the most I ever got.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    Is it better to just tap and clear the funzos, as they appear, when playing the gift wrapping game or wait until more are on the screen. I just wondered if you wait until more are visible if they invade quicker so getting a better amount to tap and clear.

On my tablet I use 3 fingers on each hand to rapidly "type" all over the screen and I usually get 21 or 22 robofunzos. 23 is the most I ever got.

24 is my max but some rounds only 23 show up in the time limit.

I’ve played around a bit with different approaches and have found it doesn’t matter that much. The median number of funzos collected remains ~21-22. Any differences are minute and would hardly seem justify the effort.

• My tapping total now seems to be anywhere from 18 to 21. Which seems to be about average, or above average.
  • rw228
    1048 posts Member
    Does it seem like something is wrong with the payout? I’ve never received wrapping paper from the game but it’s listed as a payout.
  • rw228 wrote: »
    Does it seem like something is wrong with the payout? I’ve never received wrapping paper from the game but it’s listed as a payout.

I think if you bust in the mini-game (like letting the Robo-Funzos destroy the Simpson House), or if you start up and quit; you might get Wrapping Paper as a payout.

I think if you bust in the mini-game (like letting the Robo-Funzos destroy the Simpson House), or if you start up and quit; you might get Wrapping Paper as a payout.

Might just try that next time I play the mini game, I'll deliberately let the bots destroy the Simpsons house and see what prize I get.

Might just try that next time I play the mini game, I'll deliberately let the bots destroy the Simpsons house and see what prize I get.

That's what I was thinking, I want to see what happens to the Simpson house; like if it stays smoldering (probably only during that game session, and it'll probably go back to normal shortly thereafter.)
  • devilhunt1449
    3500 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Here we go, deliberately failed and won a few paper, oh and nothing really happens to the Simpsons house, the screen just turns red for a couple of seconds.

Y7Ne6eP.png

I guess everyone missed my post, I already did that. Yes, that's the only time you get wrapping paper. No, didn't notice anything happen to the Simpsons House (that wasn't part of that post).
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • LPN’s crafting thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/182660/the-invasion-before-christmas-crafting#latest
    LPN’s daily challenges thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/182657/the-invasion-before-christmas-daily-challenges#latest
    I wasn’t able to play on one of my towns for about 14 hours and 25 minutes and when I logged in I was able to tap 48 robo-funzos. That backs up addicts info of 1 every 18 minutes.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • To add to that, I hadn't logged into my sandbox for a couple of days, as I don't actually play it, but I got to 80 before they finally cleared up, so that backs up info I've seen mentioned
    You just had to look didn't ya!...