EA Forums - Banner

Fairy Kodos

Prev1
I can’t progress the event because she’s once again stuck in the simpsons house. She’s actually been stuck in there for days. Matter of fact she doesn’t even show up floating across the screen either and if I do manage to get her to show up, she just floats in one spot and doesn’t progress to the other side. I thought they sort of fixed this problem? I usually just don’t even use this skin because I’m always afraid she will get stuck but somehow she ended up on this task. EA doesn’t even have the live chat option anymore from what I can see. They really need to allow us to store the Simpson’s house for issues like this one.

Replies

• Can you tap on the house and speed up the task or use town hall to find her and speed task?
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Nope. I’ve tried all that like 30 times, tried restarting, tried the Krustyland trick as well. Nothing seems to work. :(
  • I can’t progress the event because she’s once again stuck in the simpsons house.

They really need to allow us to store the Simpson’s house for issues like this one.
    And there lies the problem.
    I think the only way forward on this is to contact EA.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • I sent them a email since that’s the only option it gave me for contact. Says they will get back to me within 72 hours
  • Muhsterino
    4489 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I sent them a email since that’s the only option it gave me for contact. Says they will get back to me within 72 hours
    I added your issue to the following thread as John is compiling a list of bugs for this event.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/180563/bart-and-lisa-skins-generate-event-currency-tasks-missing#latest
    From Tstotopix, October 2015:
    Today EA brought to us Fairy Kodos at the start of Act 2 as a new premium skin but something went wrong in the coding and a glitch may occur where her Flirt with Human Males doesn’t autocomplete. If Kodos’ task doesn’t autocomplete, move away from the Simpson House for a few seconds, come back, she’ll have the thumbs up icon on top of her. Another thing to try is going to Krustyland or friend towns’ screen and back to sync the game.
    Post on EA answers, October 2015:
    If Kodos is floating across your screen, keep playing until she's gone all the way across and disappeared and then a little while after that she should just be wandering around with a thumbs up above her head!
    Post on tstoaddicts, October 2015:
    Fairy Kodos is Stuck on the Flirt Task, How Do I Fix This? Readers have advised that it has to do with the Facade on the Simpson’s House. If it’s set to Everscream Terrors you can’t clear it. So what you’ll need to do is tap on Everscream Terros and chance the Facade back to the Simpson’s House. That should allow you to clear the task…
    Posted on Reddit 2 years ago:
    Sending adults to the simpsons house also fixed it for me. Had to do that and than close the game and reopen it.
    Posted on EA answers earlier today, after I added the above info:
    Finally managed to resolve the issue. I logged on using my iPad - encountered the same issue, but followed the advice to let fairy Kodos fly to the other side of the screen and she then appeared with the thumbs up a few seconds later. This did not work on my iPhone - it was only by trying on a different device that I managed it.
    Post edited by Muhsterino on
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • johncolombo
    11285 posts Senior Moderator
    I sent them a email since that’s the only option it gave me for contact. Says they will get back to me within 72 hours

I reported this issue
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I just bought the skin yesterday. Is there a specific task that seems to be the issue, so I can try and avoid it. I don't want a stuck Kodos.
  • I have had the skin for a while, and never use it doe this reason.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • John - Thank you.

Meinaz - The 8 hour task. Avoid it. Like the plague.
  • I've had this before, let sometimes just clicking on Kodos (which sends you to the simspon home) and leaving the screen there for a few minutes helps. I had Kodos walk by this way twice.
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • EA got back to me. Told me they can’t fix it but they will give me 20 donuts for the inconvenience. Ha! Oh dear, looks like I won’t be able to do this event.
  • johncolombo
    11285 posts Senior Moderator
    EA got back to me. Told me they can’t fix it but they will give me 20 donuts for the inconvenience. Ha! Oh dear, looks like I won’t be able to do this event.

Say what? Here's 20 donuts and you're f-ed?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • @hot4daryldixon Have you tried waiting on screen? It takes a while from the start of the game until the task finishes
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    What do you mean waiting on screen? Like just letting the screen sit on the simpsons house? Yep tried that until my screen went black. Kodos doesn’t even fly across the screen anymore. If I’ve misunderstood what you mean I apologize.
  • I was just researching this for someone on the Answers forum. Try changing the facade on the Simpsons house.
  • I've never had any problems with Fairy Kodos. Could it be your phone's operating system? Maybe it needs to be updated....

• hot4daryldixon
    355 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    It’s not my phone. I’ve played this on a 6s, 7 and now an 8. All up to date iOS. :(

I’ve also tried changing the skin on the house a couple times to no avail. :(
  • @hot4daryldixon This bug seems like it has been around for 2 years, ever since the skin was released and that EA have never fixed it. I have added all the ways I could find that players have been able to get the task to end in my previous post in this thread.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • It’s not my phone. I’ve played this on a 6s, 7 and now an 8. All up to date iOS. :(

I’ve also tried changing the skin on the house a couple times to no avail. :(

That stinks. I hope it works out.
  • Muhsterino. Thank you. Most of these things I have tried however I haven’t tried playing from a different device, I’ll try from my iPad. I’d let her fly across the screen but she doesn’t even fly across it anymore, there’s just no kodos anywhere except if I click on the house I can see her. I remember since the beginning this was an issue and that’s why I avoided using the skin but sometimes she’d accidentally end up on it. Then I noticed I had no problem clearing the task she’s magically appear walking around town with the thumb above her head, now she’s stuck bad. I’ve never had this much trouble getting her out. It happened about 2 updates ago, around the thanksgiving mini one. I’ll try sending adults to the simpsons house too, to try and push her out.