EA Forums - Banner

Event Progression Problem?

Wondering if anyone else is expriencing this...
I'm currently on "The Invasion is Snow Joke Pt.9" and have completed the 3/4 tasks apart from "Place Regellian Construction Site, which is the 6th The Invasion before Christmas Prize, I have been playing all day and only have been able to gather 1599 batteries and am stuck as to where i am supposed get the other batteries from as my friends visit event currency is done (having only visted 5 friends) the Rubo-Funzo taps are mininium, and rarely release Christmas paper for the Re-gifting machine and Kang, Kodos, Bart or Lisa don't have event tasks to gain extra batteries. Is it a bug?

Replies

• Yep. A bug. They'll patch it in 7 days. They will also reward you 20 donuts for your troubles.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I don't think so. I have some more than you; close to 2,100, but I still feel like I'm a mile away from getting the Workshop prize.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • johncolombo
    11583 posts Senior Moderator
    Very odd move on EAs part I must add.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Very odd move on EAs part I must add.

I don’t know for sure (of course), but this “feels” to me like some kind of glitch or oversight. It’s uncharacteristic for one these TSTO supra-tasks to include three tasks that can be completed relatively effortlessly and a final one that takes forever.

• In my first Springfield I held off on completing daily challenges until after the event started, then resisted swapping (the x button) until I completed the Quest to tap robo-funzos in neighbors. I managed to get two daily challenges that rewarded 450 each of those cylinder things, and by last evening got the workshop.

But none of my other towns got so lucky, and am slogging along there with everyone. :)

It does seem something is missing
  • There may be a progression perception problem but there's no progression problem. Pt. 9 is the last part of Act 1's storyline and there is 12 more days to finish the whole prize track. It's the same set-up as the last three events. The only difference is that, since EA has made this change to event storylines, they've made it take longer and longer to finish to (presumably) cut down on bonuts and possibly make people spend more in return. In short, the game has turned up the grind factor a bit.
  • There may be a progression perception problem but there's no progression problem. Pt. 9 is the last part of Act 1's storyline and there is 12 more days to finish the whole prize track. It's the same set-up as the last three events. The only difference is that, since EA has made this change to event storylines, they've made it take longer and longer to finish to (presumably) cut down on bonuts and possibly make people spend more in return. In short, the game has turned up the grind factor a bit.

Yes, we saw this in the last event - after you completed a certain task in the main questline, bonuts started. We'll know more when the walkthroughs are out.

I personally don't think this is a bug, I think it's to encourage players to follow the main questline and avoid issues from putting this on hold. Remember when we used to have to advise lots of folks not to put the quests from the events on hold?
  • I think that they should have dumped the 60s tasks and made them 4hr/6hr/8hr type tasks and spread out the time taken to complete the questline and then this type of issue wouldn't have been a problem.
  • Hopefully the daily challenges provide some relief here. Picking up a quick 250 batteries beats trying to find those little buggers in friends' towns.
  • It's almost as if parts are missing. Place the Toy shop/Ice rink/Elves and be awarded with E v e n t C u r r e n c y.
  • Not seeing the problem. There is ample time, and no real obstacles. Too many complained that previous events were too easy. Complaints about how boring it was for those who rushed through. I know that some are here on the forum already bragging on their progress. Good for them. EA loves them. They do help, we learn what is the best path to follow. But don’t think you must do everything they do. The complaints of not enough land, or item count limits are their problem, not yours.
    I remember playing text only games on my pc, going to the boards and finding some were finished with the game before I got through the first few areas. But then again, they were buying games every day. I could barely get one a month. The one thing I can say, I know I got my money’s worth out of those games. I can’t say that they did. They used every hack and cheat code they could find. But I had fun.
    If you are not one of them, do what I do. IGNORE THEM. Their bragging will only frustrate you. Set your own goals.
    I’ll step off of the crushed remains of what was a soap box and let you go on living.
  • EDB35BB9-E29A-43FE-B502-53B5ABAA5A5192d54b7b9a93eb54.jpg

EA responded to our calls