EA Forums - Banner

Disney Bought Simpsons

Prev1
Just to let you guys know, over night Disney bought out 21 Century Fox, which means Simpsons is now owned by Disney. I posted this in here because it may end up effecting the game.
~Always be Designing~
Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.

Replies

• If this is indeed the case, the changes to Marvel universe would be for the better as X men and Fantastic 4 and Deadpool can now join the Avengers.
  • As predicted by a Simpsons episode that first aired on November 8, 1998.
  • The Simpsons is in that weird gray area; they'll be owned by both Disney and 20th Century Fox. Disney is really aiming to absorb the 20th Century Fox movie studio. The shows (like The Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, etc.) are apparently supposed to be spun off into their own separate network.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Does this mean we'll get a Star Wars event? :)
  • Well Disney is evil so they will keep what has been working. They don’t mess with working formulas. But they will ad things maybe. Who knows. Also noooo Mickey Mouse is gonna make an appearance in our TSTO. I smelll evil.....

FYI Mickey is watching the original copied version I believe of a somewhat disturbing Mickey Mouse cartoon.
  • Maybe disney will bring life back to krustyland?

• I’ve been told that the Disney / EA relationship is a bit rocky at the moment because of the new Battlefront game and that concerns me. I know TSTO makes money but not necessarily Disney money. Someone knowledgeable please pat me on the head and tell me it will be ok ;)
  • 1pillform wrote: »
    Just to let you guys know, over night Disney bought out 21 Century Fox, which means Simpsons is now owned by Disney. I posted this in here because it may end up effecting the game.

Technically, the phrase "over night Disney bought out 21 Century Fox" is not accurate. They inked a deal. Nothing is final yet. They are still separate entities. And to quote one place "If federal regulators block the $52.4 billion deal, Disney has committed to pay a $2.5 billion breakup fee to 21st Century Fox." So if the deal doesn't go through I think we all get 45,000 free donuts.
  • I'd suspect any changes to the game would depend on the the contract that EA hold and what is stated in it but I'm reasonably sure EA know what they are doing with contracts so I'd not suspect to many changes unless it will benefit them.
  • Does this mean we'll get a Star Wars event? :)

Make this happen. :)
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • Sure Mikey Mouse will be a NPC
  • aabcampos2 wrote: »
    Sure Mikey Mouse will be a NPC

Itchy is the closest we'll get.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • I was all excited to get original theatrical blu rays of Star Wars and have the X-Men join the MCU that I didnt even think of who or if it will affect this game that I have been playing every day for the last 4.5 years.

Dont mess with my game mouse!!
  • Say goodbye to the Simpsons expanded universe. I was just starting to like Chester Dupree (shh, no I wasn't. take him away, Disney)

Well, the deal sucks as we really don't need Disney to own everything. That leads to monopoly.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I don't think disney goes to EA and tells them what to shut down. All these entities still run themselves. And the different flavor of Fox will be maintained because , like with icecream, the more flavors you sell the better.
  • I don't think Disney's going to go to EA execs and tell them to shut this game down. However, they may over the course of time; have more of an input as to events, new content, etc.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • Big82S wrote: »
    Well Disney is evil so they will keep what has been working. They don’t mess with working formulas. But they will ad things maybe. Who knows. Also noooo Mickey Mouse is gonna make an appearance in our TSTO. I smelll evil.....

FYI Mickey is watching the original copied version I believe of a somewhat disturbing Mickey Mouse cartoon.

Fox are evil too so...
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    aabcampos2 wrote: »
    Sure Mikey Mouse will be a NPC

Itchy is the closest we'll get.

Steamboat Itchy
  • It was said a long time ago when "just talk" was in the works. Disney mainly wanted 21century film library. Fox is and was wanting to work on and expand there news media outlets. Not to much at that time was even mentioned about Fox regular broadcasting. Still if the feds let it pass will be interesting.
    Itchy vs Mickey!
  • They did the same with Star Wars and because Disney had no links with the companies that originally Lucasfilm gave permission to make the games, they were taken off the app store. These were games like Tiny DeathStar, Star Wars Assault team and more. Both of these games were not expecting a closure as both of them were doing excellent in the top game charts. I hope this isn’t the same with Tsto but EA are a big company, if they’re to make a move on them it would be tough.