EA Forums - Banner

Visual tasks and the Unemployment Office

Prev1
ramrod130
534 posts Member
edited December 2017
EA, it would make me really happy if you could add a send all on visual tasks option in the unemployment office. I don't care that they would be on different times, it just makes me happy when I'm scrolling through my town and i see characters on visual tasks. Would be really cool to see all 220 of my characters on a visual task at the same time. Thanks :)

Replies

• I like that idea. Here’s another reason one would like the visual task: When a character has more than one time task (for instance for 8 hours) the visual task choice isn’t necessarily the default choice when the unemployment office button is pushed. For instance my Sea Captain for 8 hours can “work at the Frying Dutchman” or “assault the bandit fort” (visual). The non-visual task is the default chosen by the unemployment office. Additionally, the visual task happens to be premium while the other is not.
  • The non visual tasks being the default bugs the hell out of me!! Free our characters!
  • If it’s that important, there’s nothing to prevent you from doing this “manually”.
  • If it’s that important, there’s nothing to prevent you from doing this “manually”.

Except for time. Do you realize how long it takes to send 220 characters manually on tasks? Ain't nobody got time for that..
  • ramrod130 wrote: »
    If it’s that important, there’s nothing to prevent you from doing this “manually”.

Except for time. Do you realize how long it takes to send 220 characters manually on tasks? Ain't nobody got time for that..

Maybe 10 minutes?

If it’s that important, there’s nothing to prevent you from doing this “manually”.

Maybe 10 minutes?

Dont be a troll..
    ramrod130 wrote: »

Maybe 10 minutes?

Dont be a troll..

Maybe cool it with the name-calling? I wasn’t even suggesting that your idea about the Unemployment Office is a bad one. I was merely pointing out that it’s not terribly difficult to do what you’re suggesting without having to add a new feature to the game.

Maybe 10 minutes?

Ten minutes? How ridiculous and thus the request for a simpler solution.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
    EA, it would make me really happy if you could add a send all on visual tasks option in the unemployment office. 《snip》
    Not a new idea. There is (was?) an unused icon in the game for exactly that.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • What drives me nuts is that for the 4-hour jobs it doesn't activate Roboburns and Puppy Dog Smithers, even though that's the only 4-hour task each has.
    Same with Citizen Energy and Wind Lad for 12-hour jobs.
  • I manually send all my characters because it costs money to send them through the unemployment office, and yes, I have all available characters except two.
  • lilmamasa3 wrote: »
    I manually send all my characters because it costs money to send them through the unemployment office

That cost is marginal at best, unless your bonus percentage is only in the low triple digits,
    and yes, I have all available characters except two.
    and given that information, yours is likely well into 4 digits (if not 5).

Certainly if you care about maximum profits, then you can do more 54 minute cycles of send&rush&collect with the office, than when doing 58 minute (+/- ~2 minutes) 'send manually . rush&collect' cycles.

Hopefully you've organized certain buildings and a little road so that you can collect all income from all your characters in under 10 clicks (assuming KEM Central Office) or at least under 20 clicks.

• I don't really "like" using the Unemployment Office because for some characters who I don't have a Premium Skin for, but have a Premium task (like Marge and Nelson), I don't want their basic, Freemium 4hr task. Instead I want to manually make sure those characters are sent on their Premium task. The task is not favored by the system since they have multiple 4hr tasks, and the system simply picks the first task; whether it be Premium or not; and I find that annoying.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • UxoremMeam wrote: »
    lilmamasa3 wrote: »
    I manually send all my characters because it costs money to send them through the unemployment office

That cost is marginal at best, unless your bonus percentage is only in the low triple digits,
    and yes, I have all available characters except two.
    and given that information, yours is likely well into 4 digits (if not 5).

Certainly if you care about maximum profits, then you can do more 54 minute cycles of send&rush&collect with the office, than when doing 58 minute (+/- ~2 minutes) 'send manually . rush&collect' cycles.

Hopefully you've organized certain buildings and a little road so that you can collect all income from all your characters in under 10 clicks (assuming KEM Central Office) or at least under 20 clicks.

Actually, my bonus is less than 500%, but thanks. We all play our own way.
  • Actually, my bonus is less than 500%, but thanks. We all play our own way.

Even so, you're only looking at a loss of 3% to 4% cash.

• lilmamasa3 wrote: »
    I manually send all my characters because it costs money to send them through the unemployment office, and yes, I have all available characters except two.

So how many minutes does this typically take you? And how many times per day do you do it? (uh, "it" being sending tasking out your characters.)
  • About two or three times a week I'll manually set all my characters on my favourite tasks as I just enjoy seeing them perform, I've never timed it exactly but I'd say between seven and ten minutes to select the correct skin and then task for all available characters, the rest of the time I use the unemployment office and select either eight hour or twelve hours as that's my standard task selection.

Can you rush jobs through the office without using donuts?
    If so, how?

Thank you.
  • Muhsterino
    4499 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    UxoremMeam wrote: »

If so, how?

Thank you.
    Yes you can use the rush jobs feature at the Unemployment Office, provided all characters start the jobs for a particular task length at the same time. Example - 1 hour jobs, go to the U.O. with just under 6 minutes remaining.
    The following info is from the tips thread:
    You can 'rush' individual characters for free when there is less than 10% of the time remaining, or 1 hour 59 minutes for longer tasks. For example, a 1 hour task can be rushed for free when there is 5 minutes, 59 seconds left. NOTE: Krustyland tasks CANNOT be rushed for free
    Non-premium character costs:
    biUF1usl.jpg
    QnJUzF7l.jpg
    Premium character costs:
    Y3cjRgvl.jpg
    YWomPhXl.jpg
    You can send all idle characters on a common task length of 1H, 4H, 8H, 12H, or 24H from the Office of unemployment. There is a fee for this - 25% of the job's base $ reward for non-premium characters and 15% for premium characters.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS

If so, how?

Thank you.

If I remember correctly it can only be done if all characters are on the same time length task and once they reach a certain point in the completed time amount you get the option to rush the task for zero donuts.