EA Forums - Banner

Ash vs evil dead

Prev1
johncolombo
11237 posts Senior Moderator
edited December 2017
is anyone watching? I love the evil dead films. Not sure how they made this and I just found out. The series is almost up to season 3. :o Currently binging on netflix. Curiously it's an american TV show but filmed in Auckland.
Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ

Replies

• I've been tempted. I might check it out. (I'm not sure I've seen the original films.... Possibly one...)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • johncolombo
    simp7fan wrote: »
    I've been tempted. I might check it out. (I'm not sure I've seen the original films.... Possibly one...)

If you can find it you may want to watch the first or second evil dead for context. The second evil dead film was pretty much a remake of the first one. The third one while good is completely different but a must see at some point.
  • ...Or, I can prove whether the show is good or not for someone who hasn't seen the movies. If it's good, it should still be good. ;):)
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • The evil dead remake is quite good too. With a more serious tone and still very gory. The originals have a comedic side to it
  • johncolombo
    remake? The first one had no comedic overtones, did it?
  • johncolombo
    I just looked up the remake. I don't know if I saw that or not.
  • johncolombo
    well we might as well talk about the musical then too, LOL. I missed it when it was here the first time but google says it's back in February so I'll go then.
  • I was hooked from the minute I started watching the series. I love all the Evil dead films, so watching the series brings back a feeling of nostalgia. I think I still have most of these movies on videotape in the basement. I love Bruce Campbell in this role, so I'm glad they found a way to bring him back. I think the new season is starting on Starz soon, I have to check the date.
  • johncolombo
    Igcognita wrote: »
    I was hooked from the minute I started watching the series. I love all the Evil dead films, so watching the series brings back a feeling of nostalgia. I think I still have most of these movies on videotape in the basement. I love Bruce Campbell in this role, so I'm glad they found a way to bring him back. I think the new season is starting on Starz soon, I have to check the date.

Season 3 is mid February and of course they are in the basement. ;)
  • Oh nice, I love all three original films and heard of the series but didn’t realize it was on Netflix. Gonna have to check that out.
  • remake? The first one had no comedic overtones, did it?

Hmm I found the old evil dead films generally do contain comedic overtones.
  • johncolombo
    168sean168 wrote: »
    remake? The first one had no comedic overtones, did it?

Hmm I found the old evil dead films generally do contain comedic overtones.

maybe I'm wrong, I remeber the first one just being scary but it's been years since I've seen it.
  • Think you are probably right @johncolombo. It was meant to be scary but today's audience might find it funny. The remake is quite serious and gory
  • johncolombo
    KillaSqirl wrote: »
    Oh nice, I love all three original films and heard of the series but didn’t realize it was on Netflix. Gonna have to check that out.

Put some time aside to binge watch. Lol. You probably will. Let us know what you think.
  • is anyone watching? I love the evil dead films. Not sure how they made this and I just found out. The series is almost up to season 3. :o Currently binging on netflix. Curiously it's an american TV show but filmed in Auckland.

Originally watched on Showtime.... and YES, I LOVE IT!
    one of my favorites .
  • Love it. Seems every time I'm tempted to ditch Netflix, they get the very tv shows I wanted to see.
  • johncolombo
    suznstl635 wrote: »
    Love it. Seems every time I'm tempted to ditch Netflix, they get the very tv shows I wanted to see.

Ha! They are doing a reboot of lost in space if that interests you. I'm looking forward. Also Sabrina (riverdale dark version spinoff-ish) was supposed to got to the CW is now going to netflix.
  • I wonder if it will be anything like the late 90s movie version...have you watched Riverdale? I hear it's pretty good.
  • Tree rape? Pass.
  • Tree rape? Pass.

The series is what you'd call "Throw blood at the camera" kind of movie/tv show.