EA Forums - Banner

FYI iPhone Slowdown

2drazbs.jpg
DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!

Replies

• On the one hand, it would be nice if Apple (and by extension other software/tech giants) were a bit more upfront about potential drawbacks when releasing new OSs. On the other hand, I tend to dismiss the conspiracy theories that often go hand in hand with stories like this one. Anyone who’s been around long enough ought to know that installing a new OS becomes increasingly risky the older one’s hardware, even when the hardware in question officially supports the upgrade. And it’s almost always a good idea to wait a while before installing so as to allow sufficient time for the reviews to come in.
  • Hmm, I wonder if all the electric vehicle makers are going to release an update for their cars once they are a few years old to slow them down just so that the batteries last a bit longer lol. :)
  • dzcak9.jpg
    Lol @devilhunt1449
    @KrustyBrand Agree, seems there are more drawbacks than rewards lately to some of the OS updates, however, unless one uses their device for gaming only, I recommend chancing the upgrades because they usually include recent security updates.
  • 107nfav.jpg
    2m6qpds.jpg
  • So, I’m curious. Is this having an effect on loading TSTO?
    People who have the issue with constant reloading, or logging in, please reply with the device that is causing this issue.
  • dzcak9.jpg
    Lol @devilhunt1449
    @KrustyBrand Agree, seems there are more drawbacks than rewards lately to some of the OS updates, however, unless one uses their device for gaming only, I recommend chancing the upgrades because they usually include recent security updates.

If we’re talking about a sysadmin working at a Fortune 500 Company, then I agree. But I’m not going to sweat while waiting a week or two before applying a major iOS upgrade to my iDevice. Especially if it’s an older device.

When I worry about identity theft, I not terribly concerned about how vulnerable my computer might be; I’m more worried about the personal data I “willingly” turn over to various businesses when, for example, I apply for a home loan or seek the services of a physician.
  • @IckabodSchrek
    It might have had a problem loading but what I’ve read on here with trouble loading is due to people having not enough data. 9/10 people managed to fix their problems in the end. The only way to tell is if someone has an older version iPhone and a new one and see if there’s a difference.