EA Forums - Banner
CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT: The TSTO forums will be closed on December 13th, 2023. Read more about the future of the forums here.

HELP! - Quests won't complete

What's the quest(s)?

Replies

• jim036
    9 posts
    edited October 2012
    The first one is Easy Bake Coven pt 2, and the other is Truffle Surprise pt 3. I have sent everyone trick-or-treating a few times now for the first one, and I have the Guilded Truffle built for the second one. Both have 1/1 listed when I click on them, but they never gave me the bonus xp and disappeared.
  • tarverm123
    37 posts
    edited October 2012
    And there's no other tasks in the same quest message? Usually when one part says 1/1 there's another task underneath it that needs to be done as well to finish the overall quest

Could you post a picture of what's going on?
  • jim036
    9 posts
    edited October 2012
    There is nothing left to be done. They all say 1/1
  • sunmyboy
    12 posts
    edited October 2012
    I have the same situation and the game cannot proceed
  • tarverm123
    37 posts
    edited October 2012
    That's strange, all I could suggest is get everybody free after they all finished their jobs and see if any quest bubbles pop up.
  • sunmyboy
    12 posts
    edited October 2012
    tarverm123 wrote:
    That's strange, all I could suggest is get everybody free after they all finished their jobs and see if any quest bubbles pop up.

No question bubbles popped up since the previous task is not done technically, i.e. it is still in the task book, though it is completed. So no new task may come out.
  • tarverm123
    37 posts
    edited October 2012
    So when the gilded truffle finished building no completion box show up when you pressed the check mark? Possibly try putting the gilded truffle in your inventory then place it back out?
  • davidlwaite
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    yup happened to me after I built the diner, As American as apple Pie pt. 3 Build Skips Diner 1/1 Diner built, put in storage replaced, nothing so its bugged.

Oh well at least I can buy re estate so whenever its fixed I will have plenty of area for the buildings, if it goes on to long maybe ill make a ticket, oh well no big deal
  • tarverm123
    37 posts
    edited October 2012
    yup happened to me after I built the diner, As American as apple Pie pt. 3 Build Skips Diner 1/1 Diner built, put in storage replaced, nothing so its bugged.

Oh well at least I can buy re estate so whenever its fixed I will have plenty of area for the buildings, if it goes on to long maybe ill make a ticket, oh well no big deal

If its a bug then I guess there's nothing more that can be done until EA releases a patch, sorry that you guys are going threw this.
  • jim036
    9 posts
    edited October 2012
    I guess it is a good thing to hear I am not the only one having the issue. I do hope it gets fixed soon. The only new quests I am getting are the constant Cletus quests (another bug).
  • risbiste
    8 posts
    edited October 2012
    i'm at the point of repeating cletus quests and homer and marge both free but not interacting to prompt the gilded truffle.. what is going on?
  • jjevans2
    16 posts
    edited October 2012
    Any one having any luck with this problem mine is stuck on build muntz house. I got the house built and its collecting money I /got Nelson and I can have him do things but the task isn't clearing. Tried putting house in inventory and quiting the game then replacing it but nothing is triggering.
  • davidlwaite
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    Sell it and rebuild it
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    jjevans2 wrote:
    Any one having any luck with this problem mine is stuck on build muntz house. I got the house built and its collecting money I /got Nelson and I can have him do things but the task isn't clearing. Tried putting house in inventory and quiting the game then replacing it but nothing is triggering.

Before you take the rather drastic step of selling it, how long did you store it? Some users have noted that it can take as long as 24 hours of storage for the task to clear. Just a suggestion.
  • davidlwaite
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2012
    ok, so

Storing the building for any period of time does not work
    Selling it and rebuilding does not work
    EA customer service after a week wants to make sure I updated the game DUH!!!
    Resetting the game does not work.

So basically no workaround until EA fixs it, so for us we are stuck.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TBarts248
    10 posts
    edited October 2012
    I'm having the EXACT same issue with the Gilded Truffle- it says Build the Gilded Truffle 1/1 but the task won't close. Trying everything. Maybe a new update post-Halloween will fix the problem.
  • dresdauk
    10 posts
    edited November 2012
    Me too :(

Built the Muntz house but Nelson's quest stays saying "build Muntz house 1/1"

Stored it in inventory for over 24 hours but the Quest still won't clear.

Any other ideas please?

Come on EA, sort this, it's definitely a bug!

Only upside is I have a shed load of money saved up for Krabappel and more!

Any level 23's welcome to add me, would love to swap ideas for our Springfields.

NO DONUTS PURCHASED IN THE BUILDING OF MY TOWN, so sorry, still have the annoying flying saucer!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.