EA Forums - Banner

Bonuts suck in this event.

I’m very disappointed in EA for making it so hard to earn event currency in this event as compared to past events. I used to look forward to finishing each act and collected a few rounds of bonuts before the next act began, but with no one earning any currency, I’ll be lucky to earn 2 batches before the act is finished. Also, what was he point of doubling the requirements of bonuts in act 2 (10000 currency) as compared to act 1 (5000 currency) when we haven’t opened any new methods for acquiring currency? Thanks EA for returning to your stingy ways!

Replies

• You're right, the bonut requirements this event are pretty unrealistic. I don't know if there's an assumption that so many people are farming now that extra sprinkles don't mean as much as they once did but EA surely seems to be emphasizing the bonut opportunities less and less.
    That's a cold shot, baby. Yeah, that's a drag.
  • It's been like this the past 2 events
  • Even after buying extra wrapping paper, a lot, I'm still 4,000 away from the bonus.. first act I got 3, and I bought much more wrapping paper this act.
  • It's been like this the past 2 events

I don't think this is entirely true.

In past events the currency drop rates have typically increased for each successive act. i.e. 10 thingys per tap in Act One and 20 thingys per tap in Act Two. Thus it made sense the the bonut amount to be increased too.

In this event though I believe the drop rates for Act One and Two have been the same. As such, why should the bonut goal amount be increased?
  • Seek ye not the bonuts which comes from the events! Learn the ways of the Kwik E Mart farm, and your path to enlightenment will be paved with sprinkles!!!
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Bonuts aren't fun anymore. Not event bonuts, at least. KEM bonuts are fine.

Why even offer bonuts if they're nigh impossible to attain? The fun is in getting them (even one or two rounds) not in not getting them.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • I don't even try for bonuts really anymore so I just play the game and keep collecting the bits needed and if I get a donut bonus then great.
  • Deep down they what us to pay for donuts again or like most of us nowadays just do KEM farm. I've given up on bonuts round since the Homerplalooza event as it dosen't seem to be worth getting now.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • What has disappointed me with this event was that there was so little initiative to visit neighbours. Way too much effort to find anything to tap and no benefit to the neighbour anyway. I suspect most people just didn’t bother as they got into the latter stages.
  • I didn't visit. Seriously, events are the only time I visit neighbors....if there's a reason that helps with the event.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Event bonuts haven't been worth pursuing since before Homerpalooza. The amount of event currency the game now requires for a box has been set way too high.

I think that upon completion of a prize track the daily challenges should revert back to standard tasks for the remainder of the act. At least then everyone could get a reasonable chance at some of the donuts that bonut boxes used to provide during events.
  • I just got my first set of bonuts last night. I rushed the Act 2 questline the day it started, so it took me 10 days to get three donuts. I think that pretty well sums it up.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I just got my first set of bonuts last night. I rushed the Act 2 questline the day it started, so it took me 10 days to get three donuts. I think that pretty well sums it up.

Slacker. :tongue: You should have been able to get 2 sets of bonuts by now.
  • meinaz wrote: »
    I just got my first set of bonuts last night. I rushed the Act 2 questline the day it started, so it took me 10 days to get three donuts. I think that pretty well sums it up.

Slacker. :tongue: You should have been able to get 2 sets of bonuts by now.

Agree with this one. :joy:
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • I don't even try for bonuts anymore :( It's too much work. I'd rather just buy some bloodmobils.