EA Forums - Banner

When do we lose the snow?

Replies

• I look forward to the snow animation all year and dread when it leaves! Maybe it’s corny to some but I love the effect. I wish there were a way we could activate it year round like with the festive light plunger. I’d pay for that.
    Shut up and take my money! lol
    W.G.
  • I'd love to see results of a survey involving springfield snow and who loves/dislikes it.

I think people that live in areas with no snow tend to love springfield snow and those who have to deal with a bunch of snow (and wind and cold temps) tend to not like springfield snow. But I could be totally wrong.
  • I'm in central Alabama where it hardly ever snows but I hate it in the game. It makes the screen too bright and I can't find anything. And I particularly despise the sound of wind.
  • I prefer the summer and autumn graphics over the snow. It's ok for short while.
    On a side note, I have really been digging the splash screens with the shading and lighting effects!
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I'd love to see results of a survey involving springfield snow and who loves/dislikes it.

I think people that live in areas with no snow tend to love springfield snow and those who have to deal with a bunch of snow (and wind and cold temps) tend to not like springfield snow. But I could be totally wrong.

I am not a fan of the snow, but I live in a place with no snow. I used to live in places with snow, so my hatred may still linger from past experience.
  • I'd love to see results of a survey involving springfield snow and who loves/dislikes it.

I think the snow in the game is a fun change of pace but a little goes a long way for me. I prefer the game to be an escape from the dreariness outside my window (and all the work that comes with it) so after a couple of weeks I start to get kinda edgy.
  • Snow makes decorating hard.... that's about all I dislike about it
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Snow makes decorating hard.... that's about all I dislike about it

I just get this nagging feeling I’ll have to spend a couple of hours rearranging things because it wont look nearly as fluid.
  • I live in NE PA, lots of snow and i love the in game snow too. I wish it would last til end of february!
  • Yea, now that the Christmas season is over, it would be nice. I am in FLorida and do not like snow. Grew up in Michigan and left when I graduated from HS to get away from the snow. I bet a lot of the areas in the states because of the extreme winter weather they have had probably wish they did not have to see the snow in game. LOL
  • Starting to think the Snow is here for xmas 2018
  • I would like to keep it until mid-to-late february.

It bothered me previously when they took it out too early, meaning that I had snow in-game in december when it's still autumn weather, and then the green grass returned in january when the first snow fell.

Winter is in January&February, those should be the two months for in-game snow.
  • Most likely when we get the update this coming week. Hoorah!
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    Most likely when we get the update this coming week. Hoorah!

I'm hoping that the snow will be gone with the update too, as I find it very difficult to design with the snow on the ground as things look so different without their leaves etc.
  • :DSqGpVAz.jpg:D
    Many may know I've harped on this issue thru my 4+ yrs of tapping & prefer realistic seasons, including transitions if vfx are available...
    A1KwpIK.jpg
    They finally added 'Fall' w/ the foliage the year before last & I'd really dig if they at least keep snow thru Valentines, but ideally St Pats... & then sleet / rain weather thru Easter, & finally April Showers bringing May Flowers / storm flavor event; also actually a canon opportunity for 'The Hurricane' :#
    jWv7Hhq.jpg

:p
    EKCgL0v.jpg
  • ZennGlenn wrote: »
    :DSqGpVAz.jpg:D
    Many may know I've harped on this issue thru my 4+ yrs of tapping & prefer realistic seasons, including transitions if vfx are available...
    A1KwpIK.jpg
    They finally added 'Fall' w/ the foliage the year before last & I'd really dig if they at least keep snow thru Valentines, but ideally St Pats... & then sleet / rain weather thru Easter, & finally April Showers bringing May Flowers / storm flavor event; also actually a canon opportunity for 'The Hurricane' :#
    jWv7Hhq.jpg

EKCgL0v.jpg

A hurricane is fine as long as it blows this bloomin' snow away lol :)
  • Posso sapere quando è il prossimo aggiornamento? Grazie in anticipo
  • Se lo sapete cosa trattera?
  • MrPepsiMax1
    2736 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Posso sapere quando è il prossimo aggiornamento? Grazie in anticipo
    It might Happen next week probably Tuesday. This is speculation. But please can you post in English as this is an English speaking forum. Thanks

Potrebbe accadere la prossima settimana probabilmente martedì. Questa è una speculazione. Ma per favore puoi postare in inglese perché questo è un forum di lingua inglese. Grazie
  • MrPepsiMax1
    2736 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Se lo sapete cosa trattera?
    As for this Lpn knows more on this. We recently had a teaser to the up coming event. You can ask him.

Per quanto riguarda questo, Lpn ne sa di più. Di recente abbiamo fatto un teaser al prossimo evento. Puoi chiederglielo