EA Forums - Banner

Trouble with Smithers

It's buggy. Maybe they fix it with update

Replies

• N-gameriD
    31 posts
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem, I also had problems with loui and legs, doing their tasks together.
  • bobbell234
    95 posts
    edited May 2013
    Try the tasks after Whacking Day is over. There is a known issue with the Texan where his bull-riding task is cancelled when you crack an egg. However, there is also an issue when moving items (?) or hitting your inventory (?). (Question marks because I can't remember the exact cause.)
  • dennis2221
    2 posts
    edited May 2013
    I have that problem too...also happens with Louie and legs...it seems to happen when they are on their tasks and then I go into "baton" mode so what I've been doing is whacking all snakes first, then setting them up with their tasks
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    The bug is with whacking eggs. If you crack an egg while the task is ongoing it will shut down and no payment. This happens with the Legs & Louie 1 hour combined task, and I believe the same for the task with Mr. Burns.

If you bought the Rich Texan, it will cancel out the 12 hour task as well. When whacking day is gone, I'm assuming these issues will self resolve.
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
  • mischiefma567
    38 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you, I'm glad (I think :? ) that this is not just me
  • GSFaerie
    290 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I find it generally happens when I go into the 'move items mode' or 'whacking mode', least the 'whacking mode' is nearly over! Hopefully they fix the 'move mode' glitch soon!
  • jedgeco
    247 posts
    edited May 2013
    kelekod wrote:
    The bug is with whacking eggs.

I don't think it's whacking eggs, I think they abort their tasks anytime you spend more than about 5 minutes in your town. That's been my experience, anyway.
  • MrGannicus
    21 posts
    edited May 2013
    a simple solution is to do everything else in ur town until these glitchy task are literally the only thing left. start them then immediately exit your town
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    jedgeco wrote:
    kelekod wrote:
    The bug is with whacking eggs.

I don't think it's whacking eggs, I think they abort their tasks anytime you spend more than about 5 minutes in your town. That's been my experience, anyway.

I tried it out recently. I always use 12 hour tasks daily, so I put the Texan to ride the mechanical bull. I went into edit mode and moved things. He was still doing the task. I then hit a misc snake I found slithering around. Went back and he was still riding. Exited out. Re-entered and he was still at it. Then later on, I received eggs. Broke a single egg, and he was walking around.

From having to do the 1 hour Legs/Louie quest later than most (I had 0 cash at the time of the update) I was getting tons more eggs then and had trouble with the quest until I let my game sit the hour and clear the task before clearing any snakes/eggs.
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.