EA Forums - Banner

Tea Time

Prev1
johncolombo
11237 posts Senior Moderator
I drink Coffee in the morning. Usually Starbucks Guatemala blend. I've gotten back into the habit of drinking tea around bedtime (caffeine free). Tonight I'm having a cinnamon spiced tea and I'm very much enjoying the flavors. I'm still often surprised at how some things taste as I've only been a non smoker for 3 years now and I'll still often hit a flavor I've not had since I smoked. What teas do other tea drinkers enjoy? I'd like to branch out but stay caffeine free since it's an evening indulgence for me.
Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ

Replies

• Gumboot
  • In the morning with breakfast, then coffee mid-morning and afternoon.
  • johncolombo
    edited January 2018
    Gumboot

I had to look that up. It's the same as black tea? What country are you from?

edit I looked back at what I found and it mentions New Zealand.
  • Gumboot

yes, in the UK it’s referred to as builders tea.

• johncolombo
    Gumboot

yes, in the UK it’s referred to as builders tea.

I have had green tea before but just saw a video on the purported health benefits of green tea. I may make Green tea my afternoon beverage for awhile and see if the claims are true.
  • I have had green tea before but just saw a video on the purported health benefits of green tea. I may make Green tea my afternoon beverage for awhile and see if the claims are true.

If you can see that the claims are true then you are either a candidate for the Darwins awards or simply mildly delusional. (As gently as I can express.)
  • I love tea!

Top 10 recommendations in no particular order-

Fresh mint tea with honey.
    Green Tea (gunpowder type)
    Lemon verbena tea.
    Chamomile.
    Masala chai.
    Assam.
    White tea.
    Fennel tea.
    Jasmine.
    Yorkshire Tea (for that builders tea hit)

I really love these flowering teas that bloom open from a ball in the pot, really pretty and usually delicious-

flower-ball-tea.jpg
    I also really like high tea-

404-restaurant.jpg&width=600&height=400&scale=both&mode=crop

And tea biscuits!

3844910845_c274abc077_b.jpg

Enjoy your tea!

• I don’t drink flavoured tea just normal tea
  • johncolombo
    I love tea!

Lemon verbena tea.
    Chamomile.
    Masala chai.
    Assam.
    White tea.
    Fennel tea.
    Jasmine.

I really love these flowering teas that bloom open from a ball in the pot, really pretty and usually delicious-

flower-ball-tea.jpg

And tea biscuits!

Enjoy your tea!

We have an old grand hotel that does high tea. Now you make me want to check it out. Lawrence welks bubble machine made its debut at this hotel.

I like the blooming tea photo as well. Thanks for your recommendations.

• johncolombo
    I have had green tea before but just saw a video on the purported health benefits of green tea. I may make Green tea my afternoon beverage for awhile and see if the claims are true.

If you can see that the claims are true then you are either a candidate for the Darwins awards or simply mildly delusional. (As gently as I can express.)

They were simple claims. One I know was true for all tea (and coffee).
  • I drink Redbush (from South Africa - rooibos) with honey and lemon and also chamomile.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • ColorfulUncomfortableBaiji-size_restricted.gif
    Make it so.
  • I love tea!

Lemon verbena tea.
    Chamomile.
    Masala chai.
    Assam.
    White tea.
    Fennel tea.
    Jasmine.

flower-ball-tea.jpg

And tea biscuits!

Enjoy your tea!

When can we visit for tea? Your place must be amazing! I need more info on the “flower ball” ...beautiful!! Where can I order one? I doubt they have them here in the States... seems it’s mostly about coffee here, but I like coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • I Love tea....I dont drink coffee.
    My usual tea is either darjeeling or English breakfast.
    Love Chai tea too
  • johncolombo
    I love tea!

Lemon verbena tea.
    Chamomile.
    Masala chai.
    Assam.
    White tea.
    Fennel tea.
    Jasmine.

flower-ball-tea.jpg

And tea biscuits!

Enjoy your tea!

When can we visit for tea? Your place must be amazing! I need more info on the “flower ball” ...beautiful!! Where can I order one? I doubt they have them here in the States... seems it’s mostly about coffee here, but I like coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon.

I think I saw that pot or a similar one on Amazon. Not sure where to get the flowering tea though. I would like to visit that place too.
  • johncolombo
    I Love tea....I dont drink coffee.
    My usual tea is either darjeeling or English breakfast.
    Love Chai tea too

I forget. You're in England? I'm curious if the tea vs coffee thing is culturally correct in the modern age. I'm sure London is brimming with Starbucks.
  • I was born in England and lived there all my life until 2007, now I'm over in Us....live in georgia.
    Tea was definitely more popular when I lived over there, although coffee is the more norm after a meal.
    I'll occasionally have a coffee mid morning but not often.
    I loved high teas, lots of yummy sandwiches, cakes and tea. Not found anything like it around here.
  • doubleyewgee
    135 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I LOVE my healthy Jasmine green tea! I find the best one comes from Teavana and it’s the Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl variety. It’s a highly floral and hand rolled/scented type in little pearls that unfold as it steeps. It can be bitter to some but add some raw, natural honey if needed to suit you. I swear by it helping to ward off a cold or to aid in reducing stress on the mind and body. You can always stop by Teavana and have them brew you a cup to try it first but anyone I suggest that to becomes hooked right away. In the summer when it’s hot out I enjoy it chilled mixed with a peach tea as well.
    Also Teavana is owned by Starbucks now, if you don’t already know, so it’s usually rather easy to find a location near you.
    [img][/img]5obhh4.jpg
    W.G.
  • I love tea, which means I try just about every tea I can. Green tea does have more antioxidants, but white tea has even more.

White tea is by far my favorite. It pairs well with different flavors, but has a very pleasent taste all by itself.

That said, I really do enjoy many different teas. Can't think of anything specifically decaf though.
  • johncolombo
    edited January 2018
    I LOVE my healthy Jasmine green tea! I find the best one comes from Teavana and it’s the Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl variety. It’s a highly floral and hand rolled/scented type in little pearls that unfold as it steeps. It can be bitter to some but add some raw, natural honey if needed to suit you. I swear by it helping to ward off a cold or to aid in reducing stress on the mind and body. You can always stop by Teavana and have them brew you a cup to try it first but anyone I suggest that to becomes hooked right away. In the summer when it’s hot out I enjoy it chilled mixed with a peach tea as well.
    Also Teavana is owned by Starbucks now, if you don’t already know, so it’s usually rather easy to find a location near you.
    [img][/img]5obhh4.jpg

thanks for the tip and the reminder that Starbucks has a tea shop. I looked it up and we have one but it's out in the north suburbs which is a long trek through traffic for me but I'll keep it in mind. We have everything else in my neighborhood, not fair.

EDIT: I took at look at the Pittsburgh store again. It's permanently closed. However there is an independent tea shop down the street from me (I forgot till now). I'll stop by there and see what they have.