EA Forums - Banner

My iPhone keeps restarting on itself

Replies

• qsergio29 wrote: »
    What happens is that if I'm using it or not, my phone goes to a black screen for at least 8 seconds, the apple logo appears. This happens 2 or 3 times in a row, once if I'm lucky. When it goes to the lock screen it said "Your iPhone requires password after restarting".
    Does anyone know of the name of this problem so that i can take it to a technician to fix it instead of buying another battery for the second time please.
    If you’ve explained it to Apple then they should be able to fix it. What they’ll do in their store is do a diagnostics check on the phone to find the fault and if fixable fix it if not and it’s still under warrantee then replace it.

I guess i can replace it but to me its more then a phone. I mean my mom gave it to my for my birthday and it is my first phone. I don't know about anyone else but to me, my phone is irreplaceable.
    qsergio29 wrote: »
    What happens is that if I'm using it or not, my phone goes to a black screen for at least 8 seconds, the apple logo appears. This happens 2 or 3 times in a row, once if I'm lucky. When it goes to the lock screen it said "Your iPhone requires password after restarting".
    Does anyone know of the name of this problem so that i can take it to a technician to fix it instead of buying another battery for the second time please.
    If you’ve explained it to Apple then they should be able to fix it. What they’ll do in their store is do a diagnostics check on the phone to find the fault and if fixable fix it if not and it’s still under warrantee then replace it.

I guess i can replace it but to me its more then a phone. I mean my mom gave it to my for my birthday and it is my first phone. I don't know about anyone else but to me, my phone is irreplaceable.

I know what you mean the phone will have sentimental value. Who knows the replacement will be a last resort they have the knowledge to fix phones.
  • Phones overheating. You havent said but im guessing its a low gen version IPhone thats on a higher IOS than its processor or RAM can take and youre simply doing too much on it. This is a hardware problem.
  • Phones overheating. You havent said but im guessing its a low gen version IPhone thats on a higher IOS than its processor or RAM can take and youre simply doing too much on it. This is a hardware problem.

How can the op be doing to much on it when they’ve only had the phone a month and since then can’t do much?
  • There are various solution that you can follow to fix iPhone Keeps restarting itself problem!

• Reboot/Force Restart Your iPhone
    • Check Battery Connection of iPhone
    • Charge Your iPhone
    • Reset All The Settings of Your iPhone
    • Uninstall Faulty Apps
    • Update your iPhone
    • Restore your iPhone to factory settings.

By following the above mentioned solution I hope you will be able to fix iPhone keep restarting issue.

Source: iosdevicerecovery.info
  • All these tips can help but might not eliminate the problem. It’s best you speak with Apple either online or in one of their stores. As I said before an engineer will hook your phone up to a computer and do a diagnostic check and see what the problems is and should fix it.
    The tips from other people could just be a temp fix.
  • All these tips can help but might not eliminate the problem. It’s best you speak with Apple either online or in one of their stores. As I said before an engineer will hook your phone up to a computer and do a diagnostic check and see what the problems is and should fix it.

yep, as much as I dislike them, you need some "genius" help
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently

I guess I could try this but just for talking to them, they charge you and most of the time, they don't even do anything. They charge you just to see what the problem is and then to fix it they charge you (obviously) again
    All these tips can help but might not eliminate the problem. It’s best you speak with Apple either online or in one of their stores. As I said before an engineer will hook your phone up to a computer and do a diagnostic check and see what the problems is and should fix it.

I guess I could try this but just for talking to them, they charge you and most of the time, they don't even do anything. They charge you just to see what the problem is and then to fix it they charge you (obviously) again
    Apple shouldn’t charge you if it’s under warrantee then it’ll be free.
    All these tips can help but might not eliminate the problem. It’s best you speak with Apple either online or in one of their stores. As I said before an engineer will hook your phone up to a computer and do a diagnostic check and see what the problems is and should fix it.

aw man. then i guess i will be paying

How long have you had it?
  • Take a look at this
    https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/apple/how-check-warranty-status-of-apple-devices-3663138/

How to do that

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/gb/en/
    If you’ve still got box the serial number might be on there

How long have you had it?

ive had it for 6 months. This issue started 1 week after i updated to IOS 11
  • Then it’s still under warrantee. You have a year warrantee not 6 months.
  • Is the December 2 bug cause my iPhone keeps restarting on itself? You can try resetting iPhone with factory reset or iTunes restore if already out of warranty
  • nakactach wrote: »
    Is the December 2 bug cause my iPhone keeps restarting on itself? You can try resetting iPhone with factory reset or iTunes restore if already out of warranty
    The op states it’s still under warranty. As I’ve stated many times it’s best take it to Apple where they can do a diagnostic check to find the problem. And @qsergio29 it should still be free to repair or replace your phone as it’s still under warranty.
  • I just read an article that states that apple slowed down old iPhones like iPhone 6 and below. I honestly recommend saving your money for an android phone, it's cheeper and has better qualities. I want to prevent what happened to me doesn't happen to any of you
  • go with ever phone your comfortable with. At the end of the day both apple and Samsung have been ripping each other off for years that’s why they’re suing and countersuing one another.
    But I do still recommend you take your iPhone back to Apple as you’ve stated you’ve had it 6 months and it’s still under warranty and they should fix it for free.
  • Try to force restart your iPhone if it is of the latest iOS version.

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.

You can also restore your iPhone using iTunes. It is also regarded as an effective way to fix various iPhone problems.

Read also: iPhone keeps restarting in iOS 11.3? How to Fix This Problem
  • Same Problem here with my iPhone 8 256gb.
    Went to Apple Store and have the iPhone checked. Everything it is "fine", nobody can tell what exactly the problem is. The Apple genius hard reboots it a few time and suggested me to factory reset the iPhone. "It might be some sort of Bitcoin miner virus, I guess," said the apple genius. What a waste of time! So I google and find out a lot of similar cases, and solution articles. Here is one that helps me fix the restarting problem for the time being.
    iPhone Keeps Restarting? Here’s How to Fix it
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!