EA Forums - Banner

Are you an Anglophile?

Prev1
johncolombo
11237 posts Senior Moderator
edited January 2018
I just realized today that I have been one for a long time.
Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ

Replies

• Really, John.... we all knew that.
    *ok another google search to see if I’m also*
    TMO... WEB SUCKS
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • Yep. I’m one. What’s the cure? Lipton teabags?
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • johncolombo
    I don't want to be cured. I didn't even know there was a name for it before today although I have seen the word before.
  • Have you tried nuking? ;)

I love the UK but I'm from here so I don't think that counts? Depending on which definition ... :)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • I just realized today that I have been one for a long time.
    In what way are you one? Want to vacation in England?
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • Things could be better.
  • johncolombo
    edited January 2018
    simp7fan wrote: »

I love all things British. That's the definition of Anglophile. Honestly I wish I could live in
    England for a bit. Is there anyone in England or the U.K. That would rather be in the USA? I've been asked more than once on the forum if I was British. So I must be doing something right.
  • simp7fan wrote: »

I love all things British. That's the definition of Anglophile. Honestly I wish I could live in
    England for a bit. Is there anyone in England or the U.K. That would rather be in the USA? I've been asked more than once on the forum if I was British. So I must be doing something right.
    Not really thought about it. The countries I would like to live for a while would be Australia India or China. China and India for their healthy lifestyle. I worked with a few Indians and they were telling me the best foods to eat to help ie lose weight or help with cholesterol. Also they were very hard working.

If it makes you feel any better I used to think you were British. Im not sure what I was basing this on, possibly the Dr. Who pic, but when I found out how close to home you really were I was surprised.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • When I first saw this thread I was half asleep and first thought no I’m not till I looked again. I can’t print here what I thought it was because of filters. :lol:

England for a bit. I've been asked more than once on the forum if I was British. So I must be doing something right.
    Okay, just checking. That would be the definition.

I'm definitely not one. If anything, whatever the Canadian version is called. Half of the great actors are from there, and most of the great comedians. Canada sounds cool....but I know they have regressive problems, too.

Really I don't "love" anything. Yes, I live a sad life where I can't wish to be elsewhere or someone else. Makes running away from my sad life harder. :p
  • Phinnea
    1388 posts Member
    I'm pretty Anglophilic -- many of my favorite shows are British and I read a lot of English authors. Love scones and clotted cream.

simp7fan - you're a Canadaphile
    phinneacttf in the Crawl to the Finish
  • Definitely an Anglophile....Born and bred there until 2007, when I moved to US.
    I do, honestly, miss a lot about England...Although I am really happy here.
    We might speak the same language but there are a lot of differences between England and US.
    Although, having said that we speak the same language isnt completely true...even after 11 years I will still occasionally say something that completely throws my husband because he hasnt heard it before.
    I agree, I love scones and clotted cream. The clotted cream that I ate in Devon and Cornwall was so thick and yellow...delicious.
  • Phinnea wrote: »
    simp7fan - you're a Canadaphile
    Not "Canadophile"?
  • @SquirrelLadd Cream Teas are just one of the many great things about living in Cornwall :D
    I know what you mean about the differences though, I still have to think carefully when I am writing some of my posts that I wanted highlighted in colour that I have to remember to write the U.S. spelling of the word. ;)
    We moved from Bristol to Cornwall almost 8 years ago and we love living here, I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Yes and no.

Yes, because I've always been very drawn to England. No, because I feel the same about a handfull of other countries.
  • @Muhsterino ....We nearly always took our holidays in either Devon or Cornwall when I was a kid. Kept that tradition for a few years with my own children. I love Cornwall....Feels like you are entering a completely different time....beautiful, quaint little towns, gorgeous beaches...and did I mention those yummy cream teas....lol.
    I still often forget about the slight spelling differences, all those years being taught one way is tough to go against :D
  • I love British culture
  • empathy77 wrote: »
    I love British culture
    me too, got a package from a friend in South Wales, he does some wood working

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • My family originated in Worthing and emigrated to Canada after the war. Hope to visit one day.
    Senior Moderator (for 25 minutes on Sept 23 2016)