EA Forums - Banner

Can you buy the new land?

14567810Next

Replies

• ZennGlenn wrote: »
    You are saying that nuke the account will glitch these land of tokens into money back again ?
    I think what he is saying is Nuke your town so I can laugh at you for taking my advice.

Well, if you nuke, you certainly will have plenty of open land...

Hu5cChI.jpg

:D:D:D
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • Whatever ea decide getting new land will not be as easy as it used to be. Won't be nuking my town as I like it the way it is. Set aside an area for the winter event, and once that finished put all the Christmas stuff into storage. That land is now used for the current event. Think I will keep this area for events and store everything after each one. Probably cut back on premium purchases as not much point paying real money for something that will be in storage.
  • jtgroth
    370 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I’m thinking the tokens are a method to slow down land purchases. As a longtime player I have lots of IGC and have no trouble immediately purchasing all the new land at once (when it was offered for a price) which enlarges the game and - possibly- makes it more glitchy.

However, as others have said, I NEED the new land in order to place the new event stuff, so there has to be more ways to earn tokens so we larger players can get new land in a reasonable amount of time.

This! EA wants to give us new land with each event, they just don’t want to give us a whole row. This is how they give us a little bit each time.
  • PhoenicianSn
    58 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I thought I would see if the land tokens could be tied to donut purchases, so I purchased 300 donuts and spent the $19.99 from my iTunes credits. Wouldn’t you know it... I got one - yes, that’s 1 - free land token in addition to the 300 donuts. I have not yet tried purchasing the lesser packages to see if I net another free land token.

I am not trolling by the way, I did receive the one free land token, just didn’t realize I did until I went into edit mode and noticed that the land expansions were in blue instead of grey. This was after I received and unlocked the land token from the event, just in case any of you ask if I could have confused it from the land token from the event.

Can anyone else confirm?
  • devilhunt1449
    3601 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I thought I would see if the land tokens could be tied to donut purchases, so I purchased 300 donuts and spent the $19.99 from my iTunes credits. Wouldn’t you know it... I got one - yes, that’s 1 - free land token in addition to the 300 donuts. I have not yet tried purchasing the lesser packages to see if I net another free land token.

I am not trolling by the way, I did receive the one free land token, just didn’t realize I did until I went into edit mode and noticed that the land expansions were in blue instead of grey. This was after I received and unlocked the land token from the event, just in case any of you ask if I could have confused it from the land token from the event.

Can anyone else confirm?

You get two tokens per Act, one at the start of the Act and another from the prize track, are you 100% sure that it wasn't one if those and you'd forgotten about it?
  • Don't forget that EA are always right......
    k65njN8l.jpg
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • I thought I would see if the land tokens could be tied to donut purchases, so I purchased 300 donuts and spent the $19.99 from my iTunes credits. Wouldn’t you know it... I got one - yes, that’s 1 - free land token in addition to the 300 donuts. I have not yet tried purchasing the lesser packages to see if I net another free land token.

Can anyone else confirm?

You get two tokens per Act, one at the start of the Act and another from the prize track, are you 100% sure that it wasn't one if those and you'd forgotten about it?

I strongly suspect that @devilhunt1449 is correct here. If EA were getting into the land tokens-for-donuts biz, why wouldn’t they be advertising the fact?
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I received an extra land token - I know I was completely empty because I kept checking and trying to pay with in game cash just in case. Perhaps due to the recent donut purchase I made. Shortly after the unexpected land token I earned the part 3 token.
  • :# ...and S.Park fans know the rest... :#
    bnPRQq1.jpg
  • I'd be slightly more okay with this if they'd simply list how many free tiles we have now. Because I'd rather buy a strip at a time. I don't mind too much the waiting until I have enough for a full strip.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    I'd be slightly more okay with this if they'd simply list how many free tiles we have now. Because I'd rather buy a strip at a time. I don't mind too much the waiting until I have enough for a full strip.

gYlhH7I.jpg
  • hopefully the next release will be the 2nd half of Springfield Heights.
  • hopefully the next release will be the 2nd half of Springfield Heights.
  • Give us just ONE DAY ever so often to buy land with game cash!!!!!!!! You'd think that they would do SOMETHING that players want. Makes you wonder what idiot is making these decisions!!!!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    robbie0811 wrote: »
    You'd think that they would do SOMETHING that players want.

But some of the things that players want (e.g., abolishing the item cap) aren’t conducive to the stability of the game.

• Please, everyone periodically request that we be given a day ever so often, such as once a month, to purchase land with game cash rather than waiting on winning tokens. If enough of us ask, ask often, and encourage all to ask as well, maybe they will rethink their unreasonable decision! Thanks!!!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    robbie0811 wrote: »
    Please, everyone periodically request that we be given a day ever so often, such as once a month, to purchase land with game cash rather than waiting on winning tokens. If enough of us ask, ask often, and encourage all to ask as well, maybe they will rethink their unreasonable decision! Thanks!!!

Waste of time and will just clutter up the forum.