EA Forums - Banner

Can you buy the new land?

Replies

• I was thinking last night, and this is my own opinion. Maybe they are slowing down the land because the game can't handle anymore? Just a thought.

This ran through my mind too.....
    ugh, I HATES it.
    And by my thinking- 3 tokens an event has been par... thats 14 events for me to get all tokens needed for the land I am missing now.

I am Seriously Miffed at this. Played since the beginning- this is the Stupidest reason to think I may quit over.... :(
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    everyone should chill and see what comes next before freaking out.
  • cdepast wrote: »
    Not everyone can chill if they ran out of room for new items.

The rest, sure. Chill.
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.

I like freaking out :#
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • If they are slowing down land expansions because of device restrictions, I think they should just go ahead and give us another map where we can move anything from old SF to. The time to switch maps is the tradeoff for doubling the maximum item limit.
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    cdepast wrote: »

I like freaking out :#

• I never imagined they would ENCOURAGE us to farm more donuts.

Definitely not freaking out, I'm just annoyed at what they seem to have done with the game, if it's a glitch then fine, if it's due to device limitations fair enough although it doesn't appear to be effecting me at all, but if it's by design then I really don't like it, maybe it's time to allow us to move all the old event junk to Krustyland like many have asked for some time and that would solve the issue of land space and item limit for most too.
  • Donuts = more land tokens, premium stuff... aaaand if you order today ya git that... oooooooo wait for it now... land token... HA HA!
    “Well, I’m so moved I renounce science"
  • Looks to me this is a new money grab. You grind away to get the 2 plots per section of the game or rush with donuts and maybe in a few years you can complete the chance to get all the land.

Not able to buy what we like: crafting
    Not able to buy land: no use for in game $

Not expending a dollar more for this game.

In each new event they manage to include a new thing to show how much despise their players. The ones that pay their salaries.

:-1::-1::-1:

I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • Store your larger items or slim down your town.
    Robert Moses your Springfield and destroy some districts.
  • I found this forum just to post on this issue.
    I've been playing since clash of clones and this new land system is the worst idea from EA that I've seen so far. If I can't design my town between events what is the point of playing? What's the point of spending real world money to amass more stuff that I can't use in my town? I've been playing less and less, slowly cutting back on my engagement with the game, dropped each of the mini games, I even quit farming at the railyard. Without the ability to build my Springfield the way I'd like to there just isn't a point to logging in more than once a day to send everybody on a 24 hour task and clear my buildings. Although, it would seem that under the new system there isn't much point in doing that if I can't use the in-game currency to buy any land to build on.
    I've seen it suggested on this thread that EA is coming after the long time players (I would add the Whales as well) and I really hope that isn't the case but it certainly feels that way.
  • Lets wait sometime.

I’m sure there will be another way to acquire new land tokens.

• ZennGlenn
    1725 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    kXitqFO.jpg
    :# Yup... totally chilling here & just enjoying Winter
    as long as possible while observing the mayhem :#

tumblr_inline_mmurhyghYG1qz4rgp.gif
    ;;;;;

• cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    why do people think you have to buy the land with real money? is that actually true or just an assumption?
  • adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    why do people think you have to buy the land with real money? is that actually true or just an assumption?
    This baffles me too. I can’t see where you buy new land with real money!?
    So must be some assumption.

iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • We do have quite a lot of land tokens from previous events, so that is fine - although a little odd to make it just for tokens (unless as suggested it is to slow down progress for those at the limit already..). The problem I have with this is that I (and probably plenty of others) have a lot of in-game money with one less thing to spend it on.

The Riches aspirationals were great in that regard but land was the major one, and two rows should have used up a decent chunk of cash. There is a limit to how much money you can actually have before it goes into negatives, so this would have been a great chance to offload some of it - even if the prices were really high.
  • Maybe there will be a new minigame where you can win/craft land tokens after this event. Just like the railyard.
  • There are two more crafting component buildings not in use yet.....it's been my assumption since the start that the land tokens would be a reason to keep them in use long after the event.....I'm sure they can see how much some people use the monorail grind....