EA Forums - Banner

Can you buy the new land?

Replies

• We do have quite a lot of land tokens from previous events, so that is fine - although a little odd to make it just for tokens

Well a lot of people might have that, but I don't. 3 Million Cash for a land upgrade is still a lot of money for me so I used tokens for that during Halloween and Christmas. I have 7 Tokens left and am nearly at my limit now with land. You need 52 tokens for all the new land and get one token every act. That's pretty much gamebreaking for me and a lot of people out there :/
  • Nixlinx wrote: »
    We do have quite a lot of land tokens from previous events, so that is fine - although a little odd to make it just for tokens

Well a lot of people might have that, but I don't. 3 Million Cash for a land upgrade is still a lot of money for me so I used tokens for that during Halloween and Christmas. I have 7 Tokens left and am nearly at my limit now with land. You need 52 tokens for all the new land and get one token every act. That's pretty much gamebreaking for me and a lot of people out there :/

I would still consider 7 right now to be quite a lot, enough to be getting on well with for now anyway, and I am presuming you've already spent some as you said 'left'. And presumably there will be a few - let's say 3 - more this time if the format remains.

Shame you missed off the rest of my post because this was just a very small part of it, including a possible explanation and a criticism of them for only doing it like this. Never mind. Maybe in the future they will let you buy tokens for donuts or in-game cash. Who knows.
  • I just wish that we would have an idea of EA's long term plan for these new land tile purchases. If they would have locked out these new tiles, but somehow let the players know what comes next, I could easily accept it. It is the not knowing what will happen that bothers me. I like being able to make planned out decisions. We don't know anything at this point...is it a glitch? Will more land tokens be available for crafting? Will more land tokens be available in a mini-game? Will more land tokens be available for purchase (donuts or real $ purchase)? Will these locked tiles eventually switch over to IGC or token purchase?

We just have no idea, and that is what bothers me.
  • Geez you guys!! It's probably some small mistake like they forgot to assign a price to the new lands or something silly like that and will likely be corrected soon. All this panic is uncalled for!
    Mr. Papadapaconstantikasgianopolopodopotopolis was my father. You can call me Spiro.
  • I hope so @frosted1414 ...

:)
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • Geez you guys!! It's probably some small mistake like they forgot to assign a price to the new lands or something silly like that and will likely be corrected soon. All this panic is uncalled for!

I've seen the code and it appears to be a deliberate action on their behalf, but as mentioned above if they would just let us know what they are planning it could make all the difference between complaints and oh, right all land will now only be available by tokens but you'll be able to earn xx number of tokens per week/month and then everyone knows, if the size of the game is becoming an issue then tell us, maybe consider allowing us to move certain event items over to say Krustyland or open a second map for use non Springfield items, a simple post could solve all the problems/issue's/complaints but as normal they won't as it's just to much effort for them to keep the players updated.
  • heyababy47428
    1038 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I wonder how long until EA starts selling land tokens for real world cash?

Seems like that’s the plan. Need to make cash off of older players somehow. Game is dying, I would buy the platinum scratchers and other real cash items just to support the game but the writing is on the wall with this, game is on its last legs

game still making money, stats show it's average as $51,000 a day (just for the US market/before playstore cut of 30%) game still gets into the top 100 of all games as far as revenue during events. Game not dying, just changing.tfPZ9fg.png
  • I wonder how long until EA starts selling land tokens for real world cash?

Seems like that’s the plan. Need to make cash off of older players somehow. Game is dying, I would buy the platinum scratchers and other real cash items just to support the game but the writing is on the wall with this, game is on its last legs

game still making money, stats show it's average as $51,000 a day (just for the US market/before playstore cut of 30%) game still gets into the top 100 of all games as far as revenue during events. Game not dying, just changing.tfPZ9fg.png

It's great to see that it's relatively constantly making money as while it keeps money coming in then it'll keep going and I for one don't want the game to end anytime soon.
  • As always we get no response to our questions.

Is this travesty of land tokens to stay?

#*& !!
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum

I've seen the code and it appears to be a deliberate action on their behalf, but as mentioned above if they would just let us know what they are planning it could make all the difference between complaints and oh, right all land will now only be available by tokens but you'll be able to earn xx number of tokens per week/month and then everyone knows, if the size of the game is becoming an issue then tell us, maybe consider allowing us to move certain event items over to say Krustyland or open a second map for use non Springfield items, a simple post could solve all the problems/issue's/complaints but as normal they won't as it's just to much effort for them to keep the players updated.

I personally dont believe the second Springfield or moving things to Krustyland will help at all. The objects/Buildings I have in my main Springfield are either bonus % or a decent design. Anything that isnt easy on the eyes or a multiplier is stored, so all I would put in Krustyland would be that useless stuff I already have in the inventory.
  • :|...it would seem nice to have an 'EA-Borg-Drone' rep able to address the concerns
    & confusion... or at least some in-game posts or blurbs from a Homer Clone ;)

mKP7IWc.jpg
  • Nixlinx wrote: »
    We do have quite a lot of land tokens from previous events, so that is fine - although a little odd to make it just for tokens

I agree. If I knew we'd need the tokens for the future I wouldn't have spent any of them and just been more patient about earning in-game cash.
  • Game killers:

No more levels.

Forced to craft, instead of having a choice and buy what we like with In game $

Not able to buy land.

What next.....?

I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • Where can I see how many free land tokens I have?
  • glennsoe wrote: »
    Where can I see how many free land tokens I have?

If you still have land that you can buy with money then you can see how many you have when trying to buy that land. If you don't have any such land left then you sadly can't see it at all. Just keep buying till you can't buy anymore and you'll know you don't have any left :sweat_smile:
  • Muhsterino
    4498 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    glennsoe wrote: »
    Where can I see how many free land tokens I have?
    A few images from my town, I still had a few plots I could buy with $.
    Does anyone have an EA to English dictionary to translate the second image?
    fB17r8el.png
    WbH19wvl.jpg
    OGmGnlTl.png

Post edited by Muhsterino on
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • How are u guys having trouble? I had over 22 land tokens. And all it does is require those. So yes I got several of the new land spots. How can any of you have this problem? Unless you used all your tokens before this event.
    ~Always be Designing~
    Don't increase the Item Limit? Then I don't play. Period.
  • devilhunt1449
    3601 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    1pillform wrote: »
    How are u guys having trouble? I had over 22 land tokens. And all it does is require those. So yes I got several of the new land spots. How can any of you have this problem? Unless you used all your tokens before this event.

That's the answer, I personally don't hold onto land tokens I just use them as I get them as I had no real need to save them I just used up any tokens that I had and purchased the rest of the land for cash.
  • ZennGlenn
    1725 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    :# ...yup, basically they've left our cajones hanging with no support :#
    wo2RTFS.jpg
  • My OCD will not allow me to be be stuck with half a strip of land. So, I'll wait until I have enough tokens to buy a strip or this is resolved in a different way.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.