Can you buy the new land?

Replies

• pZPP0W3.jpg
    :| And where's the 'It's Not OK' option? :|
  • ZennGlenn wrote: »
    pZPP0W3.jpg
    There's a text error. It should continue on with "It sucks to be you."
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    ZennGlenn wrote: »
    pZPP0W3.jpg
    There's a text error. It should continue on with "It sucks to be you."

f036You.jpg
  • Wonder what the Land Tokens will cost when they are no longer ‘free’.

Bet?

In game $ as before or donuts?

Are the Free Land Tokens the transition? maybe EA thinks we won’t notice?

Really? EA dearest?
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • Zozobras wrote: »
    Wonder what the Land Tokens will cost when they are no longer ‘free’.

Bet?

In game $ as before or donuts?

Are the Free Land Tokens the transition? maybe EA thinks we won’t notice?

Really? EA dearest?

I think that this is the issue with it, nobody knows apart from EA and they are silent as usual on the subject, just a simple post from them would put an end to the problem.

• I think that this is the issue with it, nobody knows apart from EA and they are silent as usual on the subject, just a simple post from them would put an end to the problem.

Yeah, more transparency with your players please :)

About 14 saved up and used them all at corner of the map where they used to be highest price. Now my land looks odd. :( I’m one of those OCD designers where everything has to be perfectly alighed. Thankfully I’m not using it right now but anytime i look there it’s making me crazy.

First Year 2012 Player @ Game Level 939 & 3,200% XP
  • ZennGlenn
    1748 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Hu5cChI.jpg
    ...merry Monday thoughts... :#
    4aJgeoJ.jpg
    ...Oh well... best to remain optimistic o:)

xchwtBG.jpg
  • I hope we can earn them, not just during events. I' m miffed that I can't view how many I have in storage.
  • I don't like this :/ I am cash strong and have nothing to spend it on. I thought I'd be able to acquire new land with it.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • This is very lame and upset the developers haven't adjusted this
  • Jonalinn wrote: »
    I don't like this :/ I am cash strong and have nothing to spend it on. I thought I'd be able to acquire new land with it.

That's true.... You can't spend it on land, if it's all bought up, & what's left is for free land tokens....& you can't spend it on buildings, cuz there is none available for currency. You can't spend it on characters, you can't buy donuts with it, so why we collecting currency?!!!.....what do we spend it on?
  • MildaMay wrote: »
    Jonalinn wrote: »
    I don't like this :/ I am cash strong and have nothing to spend it on. I thought I'd be able to acquire new land with it.

That's true.... You can't spend it on land, if it's all bought up, & what's left is for free land tokens....& you can't spend it on buildings, cuz there is none available for currency. You can't spend it on characters, you can't buy donuts with it, so why we collecting currency?!!!.....what do we spend it on?

You spend it on donut farming... about it, occasional new items... meh
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Under this new system I'll become a billionaire, and then I'll have no choice but to farm for donuts.
  • petehd14 wrote: »
    Under this new system I'll become a billionaire, and then I'll have no choice but to farm for donuts.

Already a multi billionaire in the game, guess it's time to see if I can become a multi millionaire with donuts lol.
  • 4junk3000
    5554 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Are people really struggling to understand why the currency for land had to change?

Because they didn't take the simpler option which was max cap the price. Prices couldn't just keep increasing infinitely, now could they? Something HAD to be done because they finally got kinda expensive.

So, they chose to implement a new method, and a simple one that gives them more control. Makes sense to me. It's not that complicated.

And for anyone wondering why control land so tightly? Uh, duh same reason they control the max feature count, which is also very simple. It's a basic matter of countering our gluttony. We'll consume whatever they give us and it will never be enough, so they may as well give us the absolute least. This is the same mentality of all elitist power hoarders, be it the govt, our boss - or parents.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Someone already mentioned this in the thread, and I have the same inclination. Perhaps the developers are requiring the landtokens to release land at this point due to hardware restrictions. Maybe there is not much space left to expand upon for the last few generations of devices that are compatible to play this game. There is already a restriction on the total amount of decorations, not as bad as that 3000 count that they had tried before, but I have received messages over the past few updates that I am at my limit for decorations and have had to remove decorations to add new ones. The latter limitation was not always in place as far as I recollect - or perhaps I never hit that cap, but my town has always been extremely detailed with decorations.

However, they are going to have to do something to increase the availability of land tokens if this limitation is the new plan. Two to three land tokens every major content update is going to take years to unlock all of the land parcels. We will have holographic or VR tap out Springfield towns by the time we unlock all of these parcels. I just wish that EA would have given us an in game notice, and I wouldn’t have wasted four of my eight Free Land Tokens on the furthest water tiles to unlock them as the most expensive tiles. I unlocked the four sets of tiles on opposing sides of the map in anticipation of paying off all remaining tiles side to side in order to meet at the middle.

It would also be nice if we could recapture unlocked land as a one time “fix” for unlocking tiles we otherwise didn’t intend had we known this was there plan. Simply remove any content within the tiles, and recapture the lock to regain the Free Land Token. I know, wishful thinking!

Come on dev’s, shed some light on your plans already! Inquiring minds, as in those people playing your game spending 51k in donuts daily want to know!
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    Are people really struggling to understand why the currency for land had to change?

Because they didn't take the simpler option which was max cap the price. Prices couldn't just keep increasing infinitely, now could they? Something HAD to be done because they finally got kinda expensive.

So, they chose to implement a new method, and a simple one that gives them more control. Makes sense to me. It's not that complicated.

And for anyone wondering why control land so tightly? Uh, duh same reason they control the max feature count, which is also very simple. It's a basic matter of countering our gluttony. We'll consume whatever they give us and it will never be enough, so they may as well give us the absolute least. This is the same mentality of all elitist power hoarders, be it the govt, our boss - or parents.

I have absolutely no issue with the items limit but I do have a problem with space, they keep releasing huge buildings and I need somewhere to put them and would like a,bit of space around them to design, if I can't do that they what's the point of playing, I have no elaborate designs, no fancy 3d stuff but certainly lack the space to place the new building so if all the new stuff is destined for storage why bother keep playing, why should I keep spending money, there's no point is there, guess it's time to consider finding something new to play.
  • Not happy about this.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • Keeping optimistic on a resolution, & for what it's worth, may as well note that I created a case & shared solid concerns with EA on the matter...so other's additional concerns may as well be duplicated... ;)
    HzdRn1r.jpg
    4junk3000 wrote: »

I’m not sure I agree with this analysis. I don’t believe that the purpose of the item cap (and by extension the change in the mechanism by which land plots are acquired) is to counter or control our “gluttony”. Vendors typically encourage rather than discourage gluttony. The purpose of the item cap (I’ve always believed) is to maintain stability of the game, especially on older devices.