EA Forums - Banner

I can't buy new land and no increase in the number of items for two months now?

I think they finally managed to convince me to quit. I have collected every last thing in this game to date. I have bought donuts for real money and blown out my Springfield. But ultimately, I have always seen this as a city-building game, where I can use my imagination and build whatever I want, provided I'm willing to sink enough money (game or real life) into it. I've been figuring out ways to get creative with removing things to be able to place stuff since the Harry Potter update. When they increased it to 10,500 on November 14, I had a reprieve. But since then, we've had Christmas, the Buck Stops Here, Haw-Haw Land (why that needed to be broken into a separate "theme" is beyond me) and now Homergeddon, with only 100 added to the limit. What's the point of having a city-building game when you can't build a city?

Replies

  • 1. Review what decorations you have out. Not the ones that earn either IGC or %. Things like trees and flowers. Do you need, not want but need, all of them out?
    2. Review what you have on the ocean. I believe that I read that anything on thr water counts double. Rethink why you have them on the water instead of land.
    3. Do you need your multiplier to be as large as it is. Again, need not want. Will losing some of the .0x % items really kill you? Are you keeping the SH buildings out for their multiplier? They take up an awful lot of area for little ruturn, comparison wise.
    4. Loose some of your roads. I know they look nice, but because of the way they must be placed, you loose open space. There are only so many X4 and X8 buildings. Everything else leaves 1, 2, or 3 open spaces between roadway. Could you fake it with pavement?
    5. The airport is nice, but the return is very low. Could you downsize it just a little.
    6. I’ve looked at a lot of design pictures, and I’ve come to the conclusion not all of us are designers. That includes me. I had a big loopy curly section of monorail track that served no purpose except I liked it. Massive waste of space. Covered most of 8 sections.
    7. Aspirationals.
    8. Rotate. Try matching what you have out to the season. Do you really need a Christmas area in July? Easter in October?
    9. I highly doubt that there are people visiting your Springfield that actually go around and either count the number of items you have on display, or care if you have everything. Most neighbors visits are not inspections. Pop in, tap what you can tap, pop out. Some even brag how fast they can fly through their neighbors list. So you have to ask, who am I trying to impress?

    In conclusion, complaining about how you ran out of land or have hit the item limit is not going to increase either. EVER! We who are on this forum can’t do anything to help you. We can tell you to complain to EA, and commiserate with you in your despair.
    In truth, there are many here who can’t understand your problem. We, and I am including myself in this, can’t afford to buy donuts. I’m, or we, are not jealous, but have a hard time feeling sorry you can’t spend more money. I know I wish I could spend more. But I can’t. So I have a hard time feeling sympathy for you.
    I know I’m going to hear about this, but oh well.
  • I shouldn't have to put stuff away. This is a CITY BUILDING GAME. I repeat: A CITY BUILDING GAME. They keep adding tons of new tiles (though apparently now we can't buy them anymore) but we can't put crap on them unless we strip down everything else. The list of things that in-game money buys is rapidly approaching zero since everything is donut-based or (worse) limited opportunity free land tokens. The fact that I buy donuts is irrelevant to the overall issue. I wasn't looking for sympathy. I was looking for solidarity. I can't be the only one who doesn't just drop down random buildings on an empty grid of green. If they want people to buy donuts (and they seem to) then they have to give people the opportunity to decorate. That means reversing this stupid decision to limit new land and raising the item limit to something normal. With all the money they're making it shouldn't be that incredibly difficult.
  • 7 Dec 2017 the count was increased to 10600
  • sideshowdan9
    416 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    In truth, there are many here who can’t understand your problem. We, and I am including myself in this, can’t afford to buy donuts. I’m, or we, are not jealous, but have a hard time feeling sorry you can’t spend more money. I know I wish I could spend more. But I can’t. So I have a hard time feeling sympathy for you.
    I know I’m going to hear about this, but oh well.

    At the same time there are going to be many people who CAN understand the problem and have the same exact problem because it is an ongoing issue with no proper resolution - only a series of temporary fixes. This is a forum after all. A place where people with the same thoughts, problems, hopes, dreams and aspirations can gather to share their ideas. The OP was not trying to make you jealous or elicit sympathy. Weird you came to that conclusion after being helpful to begin with.

    Long term players are blighted by this issue because if you have a nice town, you are forced to conform to the limits - which is fine, we can all see why there are limitations in place - and add a part that is not up to your own personal standards or does not fit in with the rest, or change something you were incredibly proud of in the first place. It is part of the game, but is always frustrating and does, ultimately, kill some enthusiasm for the game.
    Post edited by sideshowdan9 on
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    7 Dec 2017 the count was increased to 10600

    Yes, and since then - nothing.
  • tcsima wrote: »
    168sean168 wrote: »
    7 Dec 2017 the count was increased to 10600

    Yes, and since then - nothing.

    If your decision to continue or discontinue playing TSTO is contingent on the removal of the item cap or the hope that it will increased by more than 100 or so, then you should probably quit right now and spare yourself some frustration.

  • Even if they increased it to 12,000, in one week the same people would be back complaining that it needs to be higher again. Also the game is laggy and crashing and they should fix that also.
  • hatchet669 wrote: »
    Even if they increased it to 12,000, in one week the same people would be back complaining that it needs to be higher again. Also the game is laggy and crashing and they should fix that also.

    I disagree,

    for me it is the 1st time, that I have hit this limit.

    I am playing this game for several years now and I have still some more free land to play with (not mentioning the 2 new rows from this event). So far I have enjoyed to build a nice city and this unfortunately includes to build decorations.
    With the new event you need to build new houses and decoration items and you can get them by crafting or buying. But as you can‘t place them one important fun factor of the game is lost.

    Therefore EA should increase this limit by a appropriate number, which is needed for the event.
    They have done this for every last event, so why not this time?
  • th1103ne70 wrote: »
    Therefore EA should increase this limit by a appropriate number, which is needed for the event.
    They have done this for every last event, so why not this time?

    the item cap never gets raised until a few days into the start of a new event. wouldn't be surprised if you woke up tomorrow or the next day and found it bumped up by a hundred or more.
    if you hard. then you hard.
  • th1103ne70 wrote: »
    hatchet669 wrote: »
    Even if they increased it to 12,000, in one week the same people would be back complaining that it needs to be higher again. Also the game is laggy and crashing and they should fix that also.

    I disagree,

    for me it is the 1st time, that I have hit this limit.

    I am playing this game for several years now and I have still some more free land to play with (not mentioning the 2 new rows from this event). So far I have enjoyed to build a nice city and this unfortunately includes to build decorations.
    With the new event you need to build new houses and decoration items and you can get them by crafting or buying. But as you can‘t place them one important fun factor of the game is lost.

    Therefore EA should increase this limit by a appropriate number, which is needed for the event.
    They have done this for every last event, so why not this time?

    What’s an “appropriate” number?

  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    What’s an “appropriate” number?

    They should at least increase the limit enough to allow players to add all new current event buildings, a few of the new decorations and a decent amount of fences.

    I've taken down many trees, bushes, flowers fences, etc. just to add new items. I'm at my limit, and I can't find anything else to take away and preserve the design I currently have.
    So I guess I'll just wait until they increase the limit.
  • I am in the same boat! I had to take down fences & walls, but can't remove anymore, cuz it will ruin my whole look, so I am waiting. Think I will skip the next two events, so I can get double limitations, then start replacing my stored items back.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!