EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #17: BART ROYALE: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Prev13
Hey guys!! Time for another Event!! As always, this thread is the best place to be for all the best tips, tricks and hints on how to complete the Event to get everything you want. Apologies for being late, I planned to start this up yesterday, first day, but I went to visit a family member who is struggling, but we’re here now, ready to own another event!!!

Important Notes
Please be aware, that for most events, after the update, the Donut Confirmation option in the game settings change, meaning you may spend donuts when you don't want to, because the option has changed and you pressed the wrong button-not something you should be penalised for. Muhsterino has provided a thread showing you how to check this. It's the first part hidden by "Spoiler": https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-new-players/p1?new=1
This is also a brilliant thread anyway that Muhsterino has alerted me to for this message, that I think can be equally useful for long-term players as well as the new players it's "marketed" to.
Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.

Replies

• Information Incoming......
  • Not all crafting items count towards the play area bonus. Why would anyone want them?
  • Muhsterino
    4250 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks AO :)
    Characters used for 'Fortify' tasks at the start of Act 1:
    c5Mt8Xpl.jpg
    aG4lFlwl.jpg
    Characters used for 'Assault' tasks at the start of Act 1:
    FNTieVN.jpg
    fUgs9nU.jpg
    How to find Hans Mechman in the store:
    Store panel > tap on the yellow arrow:
    6p7xw8Zm.jpg
    Then tap on the $ and donut icon;
    totquWTm.jpg
    a7gJhnBm.jpg
    CLWggg wrote: »
    Is Hans Mechman (bonus with 132 donuts purchase) a playable, taskable character or just a skin for Hans Moleman?
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Fully playable character not a skin :)
    Post edited by Muhsterino on
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Items in the Doomsday box:
    ak52I48l.jpg
    5Mz3kMXl.jpg
    X9NXLb8m.jpg
  • Questions:
    1. How many ruffians can be in our town at the same time?
    2. How many more ruffians can we have in"bank"?
    3. What is the spawnrate of the ruffians and consequently, how long does it take for our town to be completely full?
  • Muhsterino
    4250 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    fFrafR8l.jpg
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Just clarifying what happens with the decorations either in store for 10 each (dragons teeth) but also available in the craft menu. You can ONLY go for a maximum of 20% so my advice is to NOT spend donuts on the bonus items but craft them instead. The bonus items do not add to your town percentage either.
    I repeat don't waste donuts (like me) ... wait and craft the bonus items to build up to 20% extra duff. Unless of course you have 100s of bonuts to waste.

MVZ6Nsj.jpg

I hope this was helpful :)
    Did you know that you get the full defensive % even if an object is half in/ half out of the cyan colored boundary? I experimented to make a snakey shaped trench with some corner pieces. Then realized the cyan border is only 3 grids wide, but you can get away with placement as long as part of it is in bounds. Tried with a fence & dragon teeth. Both yielded full bonus % with only partial placement.
    aabcampos2 wrote: »
    Bart bare bronze statue has a Duff Beer bonus of 0.5%
  • Muhsterino
    4250 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Brabsel wrote: »
    Questions:
    1. How many ruffians can be in our town at the same time?
    2. How many more ruffians can we have in"bank"?
    3. What is the spawnrate of the ruffians and consequently, how long does it take for our town to be completely full?
    Credit to TSTOaddicts:
    They spawn at a rate of 1/10 minutes. Max of 30 in your town at once and a bank of 30.
    LPN’s calendar thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/197423/bart-royale-calendar/p1
    LPN’s dates thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/197414/bart-royale-dates/p1
    LPN’s daily challenges thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/199208/bart-royale-daily-challenges#latest
    LPN’s crafting thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/199211/bart-royale-crafting#latest
    LPN’s defence bonus thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/199209/bart-royale-defensive-bonus#latest
    Friends visits - event currency from the first 29 taps.
  • Question: For the daily challenges, is only Event-currency being give? So I can trade out a lesser amount, for a chance at a greater, without the risk of getting IGC or SH materials.
  • Question: For the daily challenges, is only Event-currency being give? So I can trade out a lesser amount, for a chance at a greater, without the risk of getting IGC or SH materials.
    So far I have only had 1500 or 2000 Duff Beers as rewards, I don't know if these are the only rewards that you can get. I have swapped several times when I get 1500, which is replaced by either the 1500 again or 2000.
    Usual tip to clear all ruffians, especially if they are stuck somewhere. Make sure you have less scraps than it takes to level up Scrap City ( in this case I have 60 scraps, it would take 75 to level up the building):
    wKg9dCem.jpg
    Tap on the button to level up the building, you will get this type of message:
    HNvmkRVm.jpg
    Carefully press the DO IT button, it will take you to a ruffian. I used the build mode and hid some objects to see this one.
    rVJqzRLm.jpg

• Which items would u reckomend to craft to get your % up?
  • devilhunt1449
    3371 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    cool2006 wrote: »
    Which items would u reckomend to craft to get your % up?

Craft whatever items you like the best as there isn't a huge difference in percentage between them and you can only get a maximum bonus of 20% (well in act 1 anyway, not sure if you can get higher in act 2 + 3).

Edit : I assume that you are referring to the bonus for the playground and not main game multiplier.
  • cool2006 wrote: »

Craft whatever items you like the best as there isn't a huge difference in percentage between them and you can only get a maximum bonus of 20% (well in act 1 anyway, not sure if you can get higher in act 2 + 3).

Edit : I assume that you are referring to the bonus for the playground and not main game multiplier.

Yes thank you
  • Is there a thing that shows what earns Event currency? I found out my battle dome gives 5 scraps every 4 hrs I believe but however small that is maybe there are other items that give out event currency also we might not know about. Would be cool to have a list of all the stuff that pays out Event currency.
  • Big82S wrote: »
    Is there a thing that shows what earns Event currency? I found out my battle dome gives 5 scraps every 4 hrs I believe but however small that is maybe there are other items that give out event currency also we might not know about. Would be cool to have a list of all the stuff that pays out Event currency.

To the best of my knowledge only the Battle Dome gives out event currency.
    (I've not included the actual event buildings in this statement)
  • 0Brooders0
    2166 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Big82S wrote: »
    Is there a thing that shows what earns Event currency? I found out my battle dome gives 5 scraps every 4 hrs I believe but however small that is maybe there are other items that give out event currency also we might not know about. Would be cool to have a list of all the stuff that pays out Event currency.

To the best of my knowledge only the Battle Dome gives out event currency.
    (I've not included the actual event buildings in this statement)

...and the premium **** building too.

Hmmm I cant say ****? How odd I only thought the British knew such a term was offensive. :D
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)

Craft whatever items you like the best as there isn't a huge difference in percentage between them

0.50% for 100 scraps compared with 0.25% for 75 scraps is enough of a difference for some people to stay away from Playscape Barriers. Although in the long run yeah it's not much of a difference.

Craft whatever items you like the best as there isn't a huge difference in percentage between them

0.50% for 100 scraps compared with 0.25% for 75 scraps is enough of a difference for some people to stay away from Playscape Barriers. Although in the long run yeah it's not much of a difference.

I've been getting the barriers since I discovered that the trench pieces don't connect. They just look like holes in the ground to me and the barriers just look better. Since the bonus has a maximum of 20% the difference between them really doesn't matter to me. It may take a little longer, but I'll get there. :)

I've been getting the barriers since I discovered that the trench pieces don't connect. They just look like holes in the ground to me and the barriers just look better. Since the bonus has a maximum of 20% the difference between them really doesn't matter to me. It may take a little longer, but I'll get there. :)
    Turn the trench sections. The flat sides do line up and connect. You’ll end up with a continuous trench. I like the look. They will probably be the items I stock up on at the end of the event.