EA Forums - Banner

EVENT THREAD #17: BART ROYALE: Q & A AND STRATEGY THREAD: ACT I

Replies

• frosted1414
    2282 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    cool2006 wrote: »
    Which items would u reckomend to craft to get your % up?

Craft whatever items you like the best as there isn't a huge difference in percentage between them

0.50% for 100 scraps compared with 0.25% for 75 scraps is enough of a difference for some people to stay away from Playscape Barriers. Although in the long run yeah it's not much of a difference.

I've been getting the barriers since I discovered that the trench pieces don't connect. They just look like holes in the ground to me and the barriers just look better. Since the bonus has a maximum of 20% the difference between them really doesn't matter to me. It may take a little longer, but I'll get there. :)
    Turn the trench sections. The flat sides do line up and connect. You’ll end up with a continuous trench. I like the look. They will probably be the items I stock up on at the end of the event.

I could be wrong but it seem like the trenches and fences will replaced with 2 other things for act 2, and again for act 3. Or I guess they could added to the lot. Never mind, I don't know :)
  • cool2006 wrote: »
    Which items would u reckomend to craft to get your % up?

Craft whatever items you like the best as there isn't a huge difference in percentage between them

0.50% for 100 scraps compared with 0.25% for 75 scraps is enough of a difference for some people to stay away from Playscape Barriers. Although in the long run yeah it's not much of a difference.

I've been getting the barriers since I discovered that the trench pieces don't connect. They just look like holes in the ground to me and the barriers just look better. Since the bonus has a maximum of 20% the difference between them really doesn't matter to me. It may take a little longer, but I'll get there. :)
    Turn the trench sections. The flat sides do line up and connect. You’ll end up with a continuous trench. I like the look. They will probably be the items I stock up on at the end of the event.

Oops :o
    (I still like the barriers though. Hopefully I'll have enough to do both)

• Muhsterino
    4487 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    0Brooders0 wrote: »
    Don’t send Erik on this mission and you can keep sending Lisa on her 8h task to earn 120 Duff Beers. Part of Eriks side quest...

MNU9dQd.jpg

Thanks to DaPimp at tapped out UK. :)
    If you haven't finished Erik's quest, then the Botched Ball part 3 pays better, similar situation -don't send- Erik to get interviewed by Channel 9, instead keep sending Erik (with Lisa) to 'Get interviewed by School Paper' for 4h and 180 bottles (no bricks). You can access it through Erik's task list, not Lisa's.

Wendell has a regular 8h job on the Monkey Bars that for now pays out 180 bottles too, more than his Playscape job pays, also no bricks for crafting.
    Post edited by Muhsterino on
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Probably too late for people to use it, and it doesn't really help with anything, but....

If you stagger the kids on the first Training Grounds task then you can almost instantly complete the second task. Just collect for the first task, wait for the other kids to finish (i.e. 30 seconds after the first batch), collect again, and it will register for the second task completion.
  • crsroyal wrote: »
    It seems you can do the same with Marge once you reach planet of escapes pt. 10, where she gets a 4 hour task. Just don't send Bart and Homer on their tasks
    Edit: Confirmed. You can keep sending Marge on her 4 hour task
    U0bKsoUm.jpg
    First time doing the task:
    u8hqSU2m.jpg
    Second time doing the same task:
    MIU63uLm.jpg
    Info from Simpsonswiki:
    After completing Planet of Escapes part 10, collect duff beer X 6000 for bonuts.
  • Question

Why am I seeing Ruffian forts in some of my friends towns .... have they hacked the game?
  • KapoleiJon wrote: »
    Question

Why am I seeing Ruffian forts in some of my friends towns .... have they hacked the game?
    The Ruffian fort was released very early in the game and was free.
    The Ruffian tower and Barrier is still to be released.

iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • adruralo wrote: »
    KapoleiJon wrote: »
    Question

The Ruffian fort was released very early in the game and was free.
    The Ruffian tower and Barrier is still to be released.

ruffian fort was never released yet
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • KapoleiJon wrote: »
    Question

Are you sure it's the ruffian fort?
    tM3DKCT.png
  • There are 52 new land masses including water that cam only be purchased with a free land token. How are these currently obtained? I've been playing this game since the beginning and I would bet that if you put all the free land tokens awarded in other events the total would be nowhere near 52. If players like me are out of land and free land tokens how do we purchase the new land? Us EA trying to force us to reduce the size of our Springfield?
  • dtpavey wrote: »
    There are 52 new land masses including water that cam only be purchased with a free land token. How are these currently obtained? I've been playing this game since the beginning and I would bet that if you put all the free land tokens awarded in other events the total would be nowhere near 52. If players like me are out of land and free land tokens how do we purchase the new land? Us EA trying to force us to reduce the size of our Springfield?
    There is a discussion thread about this topic here:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/196752/can-you-buy-the-new-land/p1
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Bare Bronze Bart statue adds 0.50% to your bonus as long as it’s in the designated area around the Mega Playscape.
  • Moe’s Express Gil Deal:
    Tip: If you don't send the barflies to finish their first task, Moe can keep his event currency job, which pays 90 beer per 4h

• Once you craft the Battlescape, part 2 of the quest that comes with it includes a 4hr task for five kids. If you use kids that earn currency at the playscape, they earn 90 Duff beers each. That is way more than they would earn at the Playscape. I suggest sending the kids there for a 4hr cycle instead of the Playscape (unless you're in desperate need of crafting currency because they won't earn any at the Battlescape).
  • What is the advantage of crafting items to 20% as opposed to say 19%? Isn't the payout the same? Or am I not looking at the right place?
  • Is anyone else having an issue with the corner trench pieces not connecting properly to the straight pieces? One of them connects fine, but the others i'm finding that no matter what i do, there is a gap. Any suggestion?
  • leeana wrote: »
    Is anyone else having an issue with the corner trench pieces not connecting properly to the straight pieces? One of them connects fine, but the others i'm finding that no matter what i do, there is a gap. Any suggestion?
    There's not a gap. It just looks like a gap. The regular Trenches don't rotate 180 degrees so they don't match up with the Corner Trenches on the left and right corners.
  • wadebear wrote: »
    leeana wrote: »
    Is anyone else having an issue with the corner trench pieces not connecting properly to the straight pieces? One of them connects fine, but the others i'm finding that no matter what i do, there is a gap. Any suggestion?
    There's not a gap. It just looks like a gap. The regular Trenches don't rotate 180 degrees so they don't match up with the Corner Trenches on the left and right corners.

I did not notice until I read this! Looks like a gap to me and it effects both ends of the corner. I can see green grass and the cyan bonus area in the gap. Someone with a better device than mine can probably see it more.
    HIpFuus.png
    yjS46TZ.png
  • Premium purchase 'chopper ride' - you can earn duff beers during the quest line.
    UH7DhPlm.jpg
    phDNKAZm.jpg
  • If you like to save Daily challenges for act 2, now's the time! Also, I'm saving Scraps because I suspect we'll need to buy the new kind of fences for the defence bonus in act 2.