EA Forums - Banner

horriblest level update so far?

2Next

Replies

• drprimo
    259 posts
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Always someone complaining. Considering all the bugs the previous updates brought, I was quite surprised there wernt a load more bugs, so thumbs up there, plus all the extra content in WD (bar the helmet snake IMO) was awesome, so iam pretty happy but just please give us mcbain.
    tumblr_mlfdrsfmhY1rntezlo1_400.gif

Says someone that has admitted to taking advantage of a glitch for over 1600 donuts. Hey, I might have too, presented the opportunity. But I have paid for all of my premium stuff. And if this is a one time thing, then okay. But if this sets a new precedent for updates, then I think there will be a lot more people complaining (as well as hacking and taking advantage if glitches).
  • PhoenicianSn
    58 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I am happy that they are progressively updating more and more content, regardless of what it is to be honest. I complained that there wasn't a holiday update for Easter, but I think EA made up for it bigtime with the massive Wacking Day update and all the smaller ones during and in between. I just hope that they open up more land with an upcoming update in the near future as I am running out of space.

Keep'em coming EA, and thanks for paying attention to us!
  • ffcchan
    86 posts
    edited May 2013
    can't complain.. happy with the free buildings from Whacking Day event.. 90 donuts for the sprawl mart seems a bit steep though. In my opinion it looks good and a definite buy if it was in game cash.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    drprimo wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Always someone complaining. Considering all the bugs the previous updates brought, I was quite surprised there wernt a load more bugs, so thumbs up there, plus all the extra content in WD (bar the helmet snake IMO) was awesome, so iam pretty happy but just please give us mcbain.
    tumblr_mlfdrsfmhY1rntezlo1_400.gif

Says someone that has admitted to taking advantage of a glitch for over 1600 donuts. Hey, I might have too, presented the opportunity. But I have paid for all of my premium stuff. And if this is a one time thing, then okay. But if this sets a new precedent for updates, then I think there will be a lot more people complaining (as well as hacking and taking advantage if glitches).

Not my fault I got it, what you expect me to do?
    Log out and wait? As if, you would have done the exact same thing, besides there was no way if avoiding it. So in the end what are you expecting me to do? Your comment makes no sense, just because you didn't get it you don't have to hate on me. Hate ea they made it. See when people like you complain, all I can think about is your sitting there with egg over your face, devestated that you have "wasted" your money, when I happened to benefit from something totally out of my control. Ill say sorry for your sake.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    ffcchan wrote:
    can't complain.. happy with the free buildings from Whacking Day event.. 90 donuts for the sprawl mart seems a bit steep though. In my opinion it looks good and a definite buy if it was in game cash.

I'm making so much in-game cash, but hardly anything to spend it on :?

I'm ready for the next million dollar item! :D
  • CostcoLawGrad
    9 posts
    edited May 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Bare in mind mate that Whacking day update was technically all free if you collected the snakes which gave us loads of few buildings and Characters this is their way of getting something back :lol:

Nope. Lugash's Gym and Lugash. (and to a lesser extent, Ninja Homer)
  • Linky2g
    665 posts
    edited May 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    ffcchan wrote:

it better be a lot of land instead of more buildings.

I have 3mil and I'd like to spend most of it on land.

cough hint cough ea cough splutter hint more land cough choke hnarg
  • MelDesigner
    647 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    ffcchan wrote:

I noticed the progressive trend of the price tag of each.
    $1 million - escalator
    $2 million - popsicle stick tower
    $3 million - magnifying glass
    I wonder what that $4 million dollar item could be? :shock:

escalator-to-nowhere.jpg
  • Linky2g
    665 posts
    edited May 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    ffcchan wrote:

$1 million - escalator

escalator-to-nowhere.jpg
    The thing mr burns uses to block out the sun.

tap it and you get nighttime, tap it again and you get day time.

and then all the lights in the lamps and houses and such could come on.

oh now i want this :(

mr+burns+blocks+out+sun.jpg
  • sahl908
    989 posts
    edited May 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    ffcchan wrote:

$1 million - escalator

escalator-to-nowhere.jpg

The catapult used on Rex Banner in the Beer Baron episode :). Or the space shuttle with space Homer.
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited May 2013
    I don't think I'm even going to buy the Magnifying Glass, even if I have the cash just sitting there. Looks ugly to me and it would just stand out.

I want the Escalator a lot. The Tower is pretty cool but I'll probably wait until I have nothing to do but pile cash before I get it.
  • moonbandito
    70 posts
    edited May 2013
    Agnes Skinner is a nice addition to the game. She's a character who has been in the Simpsons since forever and it's not like there are a ton of elderly or female characters currently in the game. It's also nice that they did something for Mother's Day without making a huge event out of it.

The Skinner House looks really nice and adds visual variety to neighborhoods.

Sprawl-Mart is disappointing. Visually, it's pretty uninteresting, and yet it takes up a lot of space. Only a couple characters interact with it unfortunately. Even if it didn't cost donuts, it'd still be pretty meh. But it does cost donuts, and the only reason I can see people picking it up is that their Consumerism is low and they don't want to put in another Kwik-E-Mart.

The cobblestone walls are awesome if only because they stack (well, they stack for some people), allowing the players to do 3D designs with them. I also like how, instead of making Springfield Park a building, they made the entrances an item so you can design your own Springfield Parks. Of course, you could do that before, and players certainly did, but the entrances make the parks "official" and that's cool.

The best thing out of this level update is the Open Air Stage. Eleven characters can interact with it, and only two of those eleven are premiums. All of those interactions include animations, and four of those are new animations. It's also not just another store or restaurant, but rather something entirely new. Really, the only bad thing that can be said about it is the price, but, hey, they have to make money somehow.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the update. I think adding a whole ton of content when there are still some players working on snakes would have been a bad idea. Personally, I finished the whole Whacking Day about a week before the original ending date, but level 29 added enough content that I was able to rearrange and redesign my Springfield fairly significantly without overwhelming me with a ton of stuff to do. I'd also cut them some slack when they apparently had a promotion planned that had to be cancelled when the episode was supposedly pulled.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.